• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maybe we actually do something this time?

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So seemingly no time has passed since the deadliest mass shooting in American history and here we are with yet another bushel of Americans dead because its never the "right time" for gun control.

Can this finally be the time we do something. Can we finally ban heavy assault weapons. Can we finally close the Gun show loophole. Can we finally have universal background checks and waiting periods. etc. Or is it still not the time to be talking about this.

Last edited:
So seemingly no time has passed since the deadliest mass shooting in American history and here we are with yet another bushel of Americans dead because its never the "right time" for gun control.

Can this finally be the time we do something. Can we finally ban heavy assault weapons. Can we finally close the Gun show loophole. Can we finally have unicersal background checks and waiting periods. etc. Or is it still not the time to be talking about this.

What is a heavy assault weapon?

What is the gunshow loophole? Are you sure you're not talking about a compromise intentionally put into law rather than a loophole?

Do we not already have long enough waiting periods? How long is enough for you?

How will universal background checks work without registration?

What is the gunshow loophole? Are you sure you're not talking about a compromise intentionally put into law rather than a loophole?

Why is registration such a bad thing?

Can this finally be the time we do something. Can we finally ban heavy assault weapons. Can we finally close the Gun show loophole. Can we finally have unicersal background checks and waiting periods. etc. Or is it still not the time to be talking about this.

The pro gun zealots actually want this.

More shootings = more gun sales.

Strict gun control could have been implemented years ago. The public wants it, America needs it however it is bad for business.

You can already have all those things. Just move to CA or NY or MD. If enough people who see guns as the problem get together they are perfectly free to buy a bunch of land and fence themselves off from the rest of society. There is no prohibition on building your own private Utopia in this country.

There is a prohibition on forcing everyone else to give up their rights because you feel unsafe.

another new gun banner who has no clue about the laws or what he talks about.

the guy who did the shooting apparently was a dishonorably discharged member of the military. Under 18 USC 922 he was committing a federal felony by owning a gun

WTF is a heavy assault weapon? where do you gun banners come up with such a stupid term>

There is no gun show loophole so stop lying. and what recent mass shooter bought a gun from a private seller at a gun show?

1. Semi-Automatic rifles like the AR-15.

2. The "gun show loophole" refers to the selling of guns at gunshows and other such places without background checks. I do believe it was a compromise inserted intentionally but still its called the gun show loophole and should be repealed.

3. No. 21 days is a number I feel good about.

4. I'm not quite sure what you mean please elaborate.

Why is registration such a bad thing?

because it has no value in stopping crime and is the holy grail for every group that wants to confiscate or ban guns. why should any gun owner support such a scheme? its also unconstitutional

The pro gun zealots actually want this.

More shootings = more gun sales.

Strict gun control could have been implemented years ago. The public wants it, America needs it however it is bad for business.

your anti gun posts are among the most stupid in the history of this board but this might be the worst. Its gun banners like you who love massacres so you can use the blood of the innocent to fuel your jihad against conservative gun owners and the NRA

another new gun banner who has no clue about the laws or what he talks about.

the guy who did the shooting apparently was a dishonorably discharged member of the military. Under 18 USC 922 he was committing a federal felony by owning a gun

WTF is a heavy assault weapon? where do you gun banners come up with such a stupid term>

There is no gun show loophole so stop lying. and what recent mass shooter bought a gun from a private seller at a gun show?

Outside of hunting rifles, we need to ban all handguns and assault weapons, period, end of story.

2. The "gun show loophole" refers to the selling of guns at gunshows and other such places without background checks. I do believe it was a compromise inserted intentionally but still its called the gun show loophole and should be repealed.

all unconstitutional and why should anyone who has a clean record have to wait? where in the constitution does the government have a right to delay my exercise of my constitutional rights.

and if I already own a gun or have a CCW (I have both) WTF should I have to wait to buy my next gun

and if the cops have a weapon other civilians ought to be able to own it

Outside of hunting rifles, we need to ban all handguns and assault weapons, period, end of story.

so we will put Bucky down as hating our constitutional rights and wanting criminals to operate free of any chance of being shot by first responders

good thinking there Bucky

because it has no value in stopping crime and is the holy grail for every group that wants to confiscate or ban guns. why should any gun owner support such a scheme? its also unconstitutional

So two questions: At what point did I say I wanted to ban guns? and on what basis are background checks unconstitutional?

your anti gun posts are among the most stupid in the history of this board but this might be the worst. Its gun banners like you who love massacres so you can use the blood of the innocent to fuel your jihad against conservative gun owners and the NRA

So liberal gun owners don't exist?

It would take overturning the Constitution and multiple SCOTUS rulings to do so.

Are you volunteering to go collect the banned guns?

So liberal gun owners don't exist?

Not all liberals are gun banners-indeed far left radical attorney Ron Kuby was one of the most pro gun individuals I have ever met. I knew him many years ago when I was a graduate student. He had a NY CCW license btw

but almost every gun banner is a left winger

So two questions: At what point did I say I wanted to ban guns? and on what basis are background checks unconstitutional?

Universal background checks aren't effective without comprehensive registration, nor would they have stopped a single mass shooting in US history.

so we will put Bucky down as hating our constitutional rights and wanting criminals to operate free of any chance of being shot by first responders

good thinking there Bucky

Wrong.

If you want to a gun, you need to have some sort of designated title like a first responder. With the required training and education, I don't mind those people having a gun.

It would take overturning the Constitution and multiple SCOTUS rulings to do so.

No, they will be simply arrested.

I think those who want to ban guns should start banging on doors in Watts, East St Louis, the South Bronx and the tweaker areas of Appalachia demanding all the gang bangers and dopers turn in their weapons. Then they can go to the one percenter biker clubs and do the same thing

This wasn't a "heavy assault weapon". There is no "gun show loophole". Not sure what "unicersal background checks" are. Waiting periods are unconstitutional.

Look, why don't you people get to work banning the Second Amendment? Why don't you make it a top priority, and quit blaming this **** on everyone else? Anything less is bull****.

Wrong.

If you want to a gun, you need to have some sort of designated title like a first responder. With the required training and education, I don't mind those people having a gun.

well the good thing is Bucky, your idiotic suggestions are idiotic and rejected as such, BTW the citizen who confronts the violent criminal first is the first responder. Cops are the second responder. and you should be the one trying to disarm everyone of the guns you don't like. Its really silly to demand that men with guns back up your gun banning dreams. if you really believe in that plan, you should start implementing it.

I think those who want to ban guns should start banging on doors in Watts, East St Louis, the South Bronx and the tweaker areas of Appalachia demanding all the gang bangers and dopers turn in their weapons. Then they can go to the one percenter biker clubs and do the same thing

What a silly argument.

That's like arguing if you support deporting illegal aliens in this country that you have to volunteer and capture these illegals.

The law enforcement agency can handle that.

1.) these guns do not need banned nor will they fix the problem and many rifles besides ar-15s are semi-auto
2.) Im ok with back ground checks but I would want somethign in return like national open carry concealed reciprocity :shrug:
3.) waiting periods only endanger me, my family and law abiding citizens like me they do nothing for criminals

Also for the record id support anything that follows the rule of punishing criminals and criminals and NOT punishing and endangering me and my family.

Back
Top Bottom