• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maybe there is a price for colonialism.

You know how it is, misuse terminology any way possible just to take a few shots at America.

I didn't see you prove my word was wrong. Please make your argument.

This whole thread of posters has proven you wrong, I don't need to make an argument, it's already been made.

Nice try though.

So you cannot argue and debate me.

So you cannot argue and debate me.

I don't have to, the other fellas already did.

Throwing around buzzwords is not gonna help you, I, or anyone else on getting a better grasp on world problems.

It's neither helpful nor honest.

Why the 13 year occupation?

Because of this:

AFG_USTROOPS.jpg

Obama tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan in his first 2 years in office.

Because of this:

AFG_USTROOPS.jpg

Obama tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan in his first 2 years in office.

Thanks for the chart. Still no answer to why Obama is occupying Afghanistan.

Again, you cannot debate me. Got it.

Why would anyone bother to "debate" someone who doesn't care what words actually mean? You don't get to define a word to suit you.

Why would anyone bother to "debate" someone who doesn't care what words actually mean? You don't get to define a word to suit you.

Did you know a US marine was once the president of Honduras?

Thanks for the chart. Still no answer to why Obama is occupying Afghanistan.

Because he's not and the US is not.

Military occupation is effective provisional control of a certain ruling power over a territory which is not under the formal sovereignty of that entity, without the volition of the actual sovereign.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] Military occupation is distinguished from annexation by its intended temporary nature (i.e. no claim for permanent sovereignty), by its military nature, and by citizenship rights of the controlling power not being conferred upon the subjugated population.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_occupation

The US does not have ruling power over the elected Afghanistan government.

Further, the US is there by Afghani invite and agreement:

The U.S.–Afghanistan Strategic Partnership Agreement, officially titled Enduring Strategic Partnership Agreement between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the United States of America,[SUP][1][/SUP] is an agreement between Afghanistan and the United States of America[SUP][2][/SUP] that provides the long-term framework for the relationship between Afghanistan and the United States of America after the drawdown of U.S. forces in the Afghanistan war.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] The Strategic Partnership Agreement went into effect on July 4, 2012, as stated by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who said on July 8, 2012, at the Tokyo Conference on Afghanistan: "Like a number of countries represented here, the United States and Afghanistan signed a Strategic Partnership Agreement that went into effect four days ago."[SUP][5][/SUP]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.–Afghanistan_Strategic_Partnership_Agreement

So, I think we've approached thread fail here, if we've not already arrived there.

So why don't you go and play Pokemon now, so the adults can talk. Hmm? :roll:

Back
Top Bottom