• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maybe the dumbest decision I've ever read

Court upholds conviction of man who pointed "finger gun" at neighbor

According to the article the finger gun gesture presented a serious risk of prompting an altercation but, apparently, the double barreled bird is't expected to have such an effect.

Fellow Americans, it's a pretty damned sad state of things when we have people suing each other over hand gestures and it's pretty damned pathetic that courts are actually hearing these cases.

I called the CHP about a decade ago because some guy was driving nuts on the 405 in Orange County... he was angry as hell at some lady and when he got up next to her car he made the pistol hand and fired with his thumb. I was calling on him for tailgating and speeding but when I mentioned the gun hand thing to the coms lady cop she got super serious and said that they take that very seriously and she was immediately calling in some units. I was a little shocked as the gun hand thing was a secondary off handed comment I was not even intending to initially report.

Back
Top Bottom