• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maybe, just maybe, if police stopped killing unarmed black men, the protests and riots would stop

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As sure as the sun comes up each day when the police kill an unarmed black man we are going to have a protests that will often turn into a riot. People blame the protesters and while I am all for protests, I am also totally against riots, no matter who is at fault. But the beginning of each of these protests and riots is another police killing of an unarmed black man. So maybe, just maybe, if the police stop killing unarmed black men there will be no protests and riots. It is simple logic!!!!!!

Police kill white people too. Why don't we hear about those incidents?

As sure as the sun comes up each day when the police kill an unarmed black man we are going to have a protests that will often turn into a riot. People blame the protesters and while I am all for protests, I am also totally against riots, no matter who is at fault. But the beginning of each of these protests and riots is another police killing of an unarmed black man. So maybe, just maybe, if the police stop killing unarmed black men there will be no protests and riots. It is simple logic!!!!!!

Perhaps "unarmed black men" should stop fighting the police?

If that's too much, they could start by just actually being unarmed.

Police kill white people too. Why don't we hear about those incidents?

We do. Hardly anyone beyond the friends and families of the slain care.

How about we just prohibit police from engaging with blacks? If you're black, instead of reparations, we'll just make you immune from prosecution. We'll give Blacks exactly the same kind of privilege whites have. Does that work for you?

in what portion of these incidents is it found the black perp refused to submit to police authority?
by no means is it in every instance, but failure to cooperate with the police has to be found as contributing to the harsh results of the encounters

It's amazing, as someone mentioned today, everytime blacks have had enough and stand up for their rights, out come the conservatives asking why are they protesting when there's no such thing as systemic racism? After they deny racism is a major problem, they start preying on white American's fear of blacks invading their neighborhoods bring crime, drugs and surgically removing their children's livers and selling them for big bucks in Tijuana.

First the denial, then comes the fear. This is the exact same way conservatives reacted to any and all black rights protests and movements throughout our history.

Oh and don't forget, ALM....
:roll:

About rioters, I'm against them, besides the damage to small businesses they might as well sign up and join Trump's campaign and walk door to door asking for support. They might as well tell all their friends to vote for Trump. What a stupid way to get Biden elected...

Last edited:
Maybe just maybe if black criminals armed or unarmed would quit fight the police and resisting arrest NOTHING untoward would happen to them.

The killing of black people under the umbrella of law enforcement will not likely stop anytime soon because racist right wing nuts have permeated law enforcement. Now they kill with a badge on ......

'Wild and Timely' Report Details Infiltration of Far-Right Militias and White Supremacist Groups in US Police Departments | Common Dreams News

You can't resist condoning the riots. Can you?

Maybe, just maybe, if unarmed black men (an unarmed white men, everybody seems to be forgetting about them) stop resisting arrest, they wont' have to worry about getting killed by police.

And no, 'resisting arrest' does not come with a death sentence, but neither does swimming in white shark-infested waters in a seal-blubber wetsuit.

Maybe, just maybe, if unarmed black men (an unarmed white men, everybody seems to be forgetting about them) stop resisting arrest, they wont' have to worry about getting killed by police.

And no, 'resisting arrest' does not come with a death sentence, but neither does swimming in white shark-infested waters in a seal-blubber wetsuit.

What justifies the death of Sandra bland?

What justifies the murder of Michael Scott?

What justified the death of tamir rice?

What justified the death of Tanisha Anderson?

Got any suggestions? There are 800,000 law enforcement officers in the US. 15 unarmed blacks were killed in 2019. What are your suggestions to get that number to zero? How do you get 800,000 people to perform perfectly, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year?

Maybe if "far right extreemists" would quit escalating peaceful protests into riots the riots would stop.

LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW POLICE KNEW FAR-RIGHT EXTREMISTS WERE THE REAL THREAT AT PROTESTS, NOT “ANTIFA”

while the White House beat the drum for a crackdown on a leaderless movement on the left, law enforcement offices across the country were sharing detailed reports of far-right extremists seeking to attack the protesters and police during the country’s historic demonstrations, a trove of newly leaked documents reveals.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/george-floyd-protests-police-far-right-antifa/

What justifies the death of Sandra bland?

What justifies the murder of Michael Scott?

What justified the death of tamir rice?

What justified the death of Tanisha Anderson?

As soon as you can identify where I said those deaths were "justified," perhaps I'll come up with an answer.

right now cops are being blamed for everything... yes, they bring it on themselves with their cult of blue but they are not nearly as bad as advertised these days

Maybe just maybe if black criminals armed or unarmed would quit fight the police and resisting arrest NOTHING untoward would happen to them.

how NOT to get shot by police.jpg

Know how many unarmed black men were *actually* killed by police in 2019? I'm gonna let you look it up for yourself, but I'll give you a hint...

You can count them without having to take off your shoes and socks.

I was honestly surprised when I found out myself.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

We do. Hardly anyone beyond the friends and families of the slain care.
Because conservatives tend to not make martyrs of piece of **** assholes that beat women and rape children. But to the rat leftists, an armed violent piece of garbage that beats women and rapes a 14 year old child, a man that had the police called on him for once again threatening his victim and stealing her car keys...who fought with the cops...is just a poor widdle innocent man.

It's amazing, as someone mentioned today, everytime blacks have had enough and stand up for their rights, out come the conservatives asking why are they protesting when there's no such thing as systemic racism? After they deny racism is a major problem, they start preying on white American's fear of blacks invading their neighborhoods bring crime, drugs and surgically removing their children's livers and selling them for big bucks in Tijuana.

First the denial, then comes the fear. This is the exact same way conservatives reacted to any and all black rights protests and movements throughout our history.

Oh and don't forget, ALM....
:roll:

About rioters, I'm against them, besides the damage to small businesses they might as well sign up and join Trump's campaign and walk door to door asking for support. They might as well tell all their friends to vote for Trump. What a stupid way to get Biden elected...
I have 4 black neighbors on my street in my middle class neighborhood who I talk with at least once a week if not more. All but one are republicans and one may just be about to red-pill soon. All 4 would laugh at anyone who told them there is systemic racism.

Got any suggestions? There are 800,000 law enforcement officers in the US. 15 unarmed blacks were killed in 2019. What are your suggestions to get that number to zero? How do you get 800,000 people to perform perfectly, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year?

There is no need for perfect. There is only a need for white levels of respect from poliice. But, that is hard to demand. What words do you use?

There is no need for perfect. There is only a need for white levels of respect from poliice. But, that is hard to demand. What words do you use?

"Yes sir." "No sir" always seem to work. I've never gotten shot.

But we were told that all of the protesting and rioting and arson and looting was about racist cops murdering unarmed blacks. We were wrong? Again, there were 15 in all 2019. Is there a number that would have prevented all this violence?

Back
Top Bottom