• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maybe it is time for a no fly zone!!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Enough is enough, it is time for a no fly zone and tell Putin if he sends planes out we will shoot them down. If he threatens us with war, well, we will send in troops from all of NATO. If he rattles his nukes, we will put our on high alert and rattle ours back. I had always been against a war with Russia, but enough is enough.

Enough is enough, it is time for a no fly zone and tell Putin if he sends planes out we will shoot them down. If he threatens us with war, well, we will send in troops from all of NATO. If he rattles his nukes, we will put our on high alert and rattle ours back. I had always been against a war with Russia, but enough is enough.

That is the danger I've been posting about. That the public can't stand to watch the tragedy in Ukraine, and it overcomes their sense to where they stop caring about the danger of nuclear war, which is how we get nuclear war. We cannot escalate to nuclear war. Putin's behavior is unacceptable but we need to take other actions that do not result in nuclear war. The moral of the story is to get rid of nuclear weapons.

Don't be ridiculous. The first thing we would have to do if initiating a no fly zone would be to take out Russian mobile ground to air missile systems that happen to be across the borders in Belarus and Russia. So the very first things we would have to do attack Russian assets on Russian soil. Are you absolutely out of your mind?

In the first place most of the damage being done to Ukraine is coming from conventional artillery, rockets and cruise missiles. So just stop. Turn of your TV and take a chill pill.

How ironic is it that after the fall of the Soviet Union, Ukraine had the third largest number of nukes and gave them to Russia in exchange for the sovereignty of their borders?

That is the danger I've been posting about. That the public can't stand to watch the tragedy in Ukraine, and it overcomes their sense to where they stop caring about the danger of nuclear war, which is how we get nuclear war. We cannot escalate to nuclear war. Putin's behavior is unacceptable but we need to take other actions that do not result in nuclear war. The moral of the story is to get rid of nuclear weapons.
And when does it end then, really? If he invades another country, say a NATO one, do we let him because he threatens nukes? He will do so some time in the future. At some point we have to say enough and maybe with his actions in Ukraine enough is enough.

And when does it end then, really? If he invades another country, say a NATO one, do we let him because he threatens nukes? He will do so some time in the future. At some point we have to say enough and maybe with his actions in Ukraine enough is enough.
Nope...we stand by our NATO obligation and defend our treaty partner. When are people going to get it through their skulls that NATO is a defensive treaty alliance?

Don't be ridiculous. The first thing we would have to do if initiating a no fly zone would be to take out Russian mobile ground to air missile systems that happen to be across the borders in Belarus and Russia. So the very first things we would have to do attack Russian assets on Russian soil. Are you absolutely out of your mind?

In the first place most of the damage being done to Ukraine is coming from conventional artillery, rockets and cruise missiles. So just stop. Turn of your TV and take a chill pill.
We just suggest at the same time, he uses those to try and take down out planes, we blow them up. THis will not be thee last time he does this. It might be in a year or five years, but he will do it again unless we do something now.

Nope...we stand by our NATO obligation and defend our treaty partner.
And what if he threatens to use his nukes, do we back down again?

And what if he threatens to use his nukes, do we back down again?
NOPE....if he threatened we ignore it and continue to defend our treaty partner. If he launches we counter strike and we all go up in smoke and ash.

Other than providing the Ukrainians with everything they need to battle the Russians on their own, I see zero reason for the West to intervene while Russia continues to make a fool out of itself.

We just suggest at the same time, he uses those to try and take down out planes, we blow them up. THis will not be thee last time he does this. It might be in a year or five years, but he will do it again unless we do something now.
He won't try to take down our planes in Ukraine until our planes have taken out some of their mobile ground to air missile assets on his turf which then gives him the full right to say that he has been attacked by NATO. We would have no choice but to attack those ground to air missile assets. They are that deadly. You don't trade multi-million and multi-billion dollar planes and their pilots for million dollar surface to air missile systems.

And:
You keep avoiding the simple fact that its artillery, ground launched rockets and cruise missiles that are causing the bulk of the damage in Ukraine.

Thank God you are not a military or geopolitical strategist working for the administration.

It ends when the world is destroyed with nuclear war; when nuclear weapons are eliminated; or situation by situation.

Hard to say whether this comment is more insane, or more ignorant.
Perhaps equal parts of both.

Yes. It's a MUCH better thing that Ukrainians die than that anyone else risk their neck to save them. What's a little death and destruction rained on people we don't know compared to the risk of one's personal safety? I mean, **** everyone else, it's MY ass I'm worried about and I totally, entirely, completely KNOW for a stone fact that Putin will hold his nukes as long as we hand him Ukraine. I mean, the guy isn't crazy or anything and Ukraine probably did a lot of shit to deserve their fate anyway, right? RIGHT? I mean, there's no chance you could be wrong, is there?

A guy that supports a commie sympathizer couldn't possibly be wrong, could he?

No, it is not! Stupid talk.

Yes. It's a MUCH better thing that Ukrainians die than that anyone else risk their neck to save them. What's a little death and destruction rained on people we don't know compared to the risk of one's personal safety? I mean, **** everyone else, it's MY ass I'm worried about and I totally, entirely, completely KNOW for a stone fact that Putin will hold his nukes as long as we hand him Ukraine. I mean, the guy isn't crazy or anything and Ukraine probably did a lot of shit to deserve their fate anyway, right? RIGHT? I mean, there's no chance you could be wrong, is there?

JEEEEEEZ - if sarcasm was fatal, we'd need to establish a no-fly zone around your post.

NO!. I am not going to be a party to starting Armegeddon in Europe now, because of what Putin might do in a few years. Its just as likely that this will be his last invasion. He's begged for enough problems on his plate this time to last him a decade. He has to consolidate his military position in Ukraine, defeat any ongoing resistance in there and quell any protests at home, then withdraw some troops, somehow get his own economy rolling in the face of staggaring ongoing sanctions enough to refurbish his military, replenish his troops, his arms, tanks, planes that he lost this time and that is going to take one hell of a lot of time and resources. Large armies, navies and airforces cost big bucks and he is about to discover Russia does not have any for the forseeable future. . He may well die of old age before he can stash aside the kind of resources and treasure do more than dream about his next conquest.

Had Europe handled Hitler with this kind of unified resolve when he invaded Czechoslovakia and Poland, Adolph might never have been able to create a successful wartime economy sufficient to sustain his invasion and occupation of Belgium, Denmark, Russia, France.

We are taking the right steps to stop the next invasion ( if we can keep them up), even if it is too late for Ukraine.

Last edited:

Its everybody's ass if we begin a shooting war with Russia. That eventually ends badly for EVERYBODY.

I'm not trying to pimp my thread, but I think those commenting here might gain some insight, and maybe even have their opinions formed a bit, by the content in my OP article linked below:

I've long claimed more is going-on behind the scenes than we realize, and now I am sure of it.

There's a reason the 'Russian 40 Mile Supply Convoy' never made it to Kyiv.

Before you go further in your claims, assertions, and opinions, consider reading the OP article in my thread linked below. You just might change your mind, a bit.

You've always been against war with Russia. In contrast, on a certain level I'd welcome it. I always felt Russia needed a good beating, allied occupation, and crushed into becoming a peace nation (not unlike Germany and Japan).

But after some deep reflection of recent, I now believe Putin believes what he threatens. Whatever belief the West had concerning Putin as being rational and shrewd, but never reckless, has evaporated. When he says if Russia loses, he will take the world with it, I believe it.

And, to be frank, NATO has badly blundered in getting rid of most of its tactical nuclear weapons. Russia has about 8 to 10 times as many as all the allied nations combined. They can selectively eliminate hundreds of smaller battlefield targets and have well over a 1200 to spare. Nato has 150 to 200 tactical nukes, all of which need delivered by vulnerable bombes. By definition a counter strike is going to be significantly smaller.

In other words, NATO has eliminated proportional response and the escalation ladder. If Russia used tactical weapons NATO will either stand down or use strategic weapons, huge nukes normally reserved to wipe out cities. That will likely trigger all out nuke war.

So no, a no-fly zone of any serious consequence is too risky.

Russia's invasion is an embarrassment and abysmal failure so far, and that is a blessing to Ukraine.

The number of tanks, planes, helicopters and equip Uk has destroyed is impressive.

Enough is enough, it is time for a no fly zone and tell Putin if he sends planes out we will shoot them down
Shoot them down from where? Satellites? Our dozens of Navy missile ships currently in the Black Sea? Maybe from our ground troops there in the Ukraine with stinger missiles? Or maybe our vast array of surface to air missile sights with all of or Army crews there on the ground in the Ukraine?

Do you even have any idea what it takes to enforce a no-fly-zone? It would mean taking out Russian missile installations in Belarus, Crimea, AND IN RUSSIA. That our going toe-toe with Russian fighters with our fighters over the Ukraine.

. If he threatens us with war, well, we will send in troops from all of NATO. If he rattles his nukes, we will put our on high alert and rattle ours back.
So, NATO agrees with this already? I mean to escalate to an all out conventional war with the Russians over a country that is not or ally or where we have any interests? Do you have any idea what a 'total war' strategy means in order to defeat a heavily armed foe? Russia is NOT Grenada, it isn't even Iraq.

I had always been against a war with Russia, but enough is enough.
Then volunteer to go fight shoulder to shoulder with the Ukrainians. I'm sure they would welcome the help.

Back
Top Bottom