• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

May true Christians celebrate Easter?

• yes, they may

• no - because Easter is pagan

• no, because Easter is satanic

• the Easter Rabbit is the Devil in disguise. His ears are in reality devil's horns

• I like the Easter Rabbit

• I hate the Easter Rabbit

• Parents who tell their children about the Easter Rabbit will be sent to hell by Lord Jesus

• something else

• true Christians are not allowed to celebrate Christmas either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I like the Easter Rabbit! :love: 😍 :love:

If someone intents an event to be about Jesus, then for them (and for their relationship with Jesus) then it is about Jesus.

I don't get why some people over-analyze various holidays.

I'm with this guy. And the Easter Bunny of course.

I am surprised to see that the Easter Rabbit was invented by German Lutherans - of all people! :)

The Easter Bunny (also called the Easter Rabbit or Easter Hare) is a folkloric figure and symbol of Easter, depicted as a rabbit bringing Easter eggs. Originating among German Lutherans, the "Easter Hare" originally played the role of a judge, evaluating whether children were good or disobedient in behavior at the start of the season of Eastertide.

The Easter Bunny is sometimes depicted with clothes. In legend, the creature carries colored eggs in his basket, candy, and sometimes also toys to the homes of children, and as such shows similarities to Santa Claus or the Christkind, as they both bring gifts to children on the night before their respective holidays.

The custom was first mentioned in Georg Franck von Franckenau's De ovis paschalibus ('About Easter Eggs') in 1682, referring to a German tradition of an Easter Hare bringing Easter eggs for the children.

More about that friendly Easter Rabbit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Bunny

92515453_3696423177066680_1804530316140871680_n.png

Easter was one of those days my mom or an aunt took me to church. I think it stopped at age 13 or so.

Hello Luther! :)

Is it really true that you invented the Easter Rabbit?

@ see above

Hello ...

Is there any true Christians left?

Or is there really Luke warm Christians?

That "joke" is older than all the hills.

Not funny any more after all those years.

And has NOTHING to to with the topic.

Do you enjoy spamming?

• Total voters 3

That "joke" is older than all the hills.

Not funny any more after all those years.

And has NOTHING to to with the topic.

Do you enjoy spamming?
How about your joke - was it funny? You spammed your own poll:

I like the Easter Rabbit! :love: 😍 :love:

It was clever of the Lutherans to invent the Easter Rabbit!
Just in the nick of time.
Else the Catholics had invented some Saint and claimed that he was the bringer of gifts.
e. g. some Saint like the Holy Pascalis osterhasensis, or some such. :)

How about your joke

I did not joke - I was speaking in earnest. :)
Your "joke" on the other hand was a silly old well known ready-made cartoon - about 10000000000000 years old! :)

If someone intents an event to be about Jesus, then for them (and for their relationship with Jesus) then it is about Jesus.

I don't get why some people over-analyze various holidays.
obeying the Bible = over analysing

obeying the Bible = over analysing
The bible does not mention Easter, the closest you get is the Passover where Jesus goes to Jerusalem and trying to apply that would be comparing apples to oranges.

The bible does not mention Easter

The Bible does not mention the Black Forest Cherry Cake either.
So that cake is pagan or even satanic.
Among lots of other things.

The Bible does not mention the Black Forest Cherry Cake either.
So that cake is pagan or even satanic.
Among lots of other things.
or computers, yet we are using them. But going back to my point, if the idea behind Easter is to celebrate Jesus' life and sacrifice, then I am pretty sure its ok.

Back
Top Bottom