• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maxine Waters tells Minnesota BLM protesters 'to get more confrontational' one day after violent anti-police clashes erupted across US

What a ****ing mess she made.
I think Waters is stepping in it too. We've already seen violent riots as a result, what she is saying could encourage more of it. After Trump, it should be blazing clear that politicians need to be careful with what they are promoting. Trump inspired an actual act of sedition against the Republic with reckless and feckless rhetoric over his meltdown over the election. We need to allow this trial to proceed as normal criminal prosecutions proceed and abide by the consequences. This is our system. If she's going to promote more confrontation if she doesn't get the verdict she wants, then it's just going to lead to more violence and destruction and she ends up no better than Trump.

Senior Congresswoman Maxine Waters is dissatisfied with the level of violence and lawlessness in Minnesota. She is calling for an escalation with increased illegal behavior. After she left a fight broke out among the violent rioters and police. I guess they gave her what she was asking for.

The irony here is she just voted to impeach Trump for inciting a riot and here she is flying to Minnesota to do precisely that.
Do as I say

There have been violent riots and looting all week. She flew in from California to rile up a crowd and tell them to violate the law by breaking curfew and told them to be even more confrontational than they had already been. The proof is in the pudding as after she left it was open season on law enforcement and National Guard.
If someone is engaging in first amendment activities, such as Walters was, it can be argued that the curfew would be violating the constitution rather than Walters breaking the law.
She did not call for violence. Period.
The proof is in the pudding as after she left it was open season on law enforcement and National Guard.
Were they carrying Maxine Walter signs, wearing Maxine Walter hats and t-shirts while they did it? Did the IMMEDIATELY leave her presence and directly go on to commit violent acts? Did they cite Maxine Walters as the person who motivated them to do it?

This is miles away from Jan 6th. and well within free speech.

Was it smart for a congressperson to use those particular words in that context? That's arguable, but that's about as far as it goes.

I think Waters is stepping in it too. We've already seen violent riots as a result, what she is saying could encourage more of it. After Trump, it should be blazing clear that politicians need to be careful with what they are promoting. Trump inspired an actual act of sedition against the Republic with reckless and feckless rhetoric over his meltdown over the election. We need to allow this trial to proceed as normal criminal prosecutions proceed and abide by the consequences. This is our system. If she's going to promote more confrontation if she doesn't get the verdict she wants, then it's just going to lead to more violence and destruction and she ends up no better than Trump.
While Waters absolutely should not have commented on the trial, I would say that she's more of an indicator of what may come than an instigator. If Chauvin goes free and there's rioting, it would have happened regardless of anything Waters would have had to say.

The comparison to Trump is extremely weak. Yes, there's language that is inciteful on the surface, but everything underlying that is completely different. For one, Trump quite literally created out of thin air all of the circumstances leading up to the insurrection, and all of it was based on a lie. Waters, by contrast, did not create the race problem in America, a fantastically complicated and insidious spider web of conditions that ultimately culminated in the murder of Floyd.

While Waters absolutely should not have commented on the trial, I would say that she's more of an indicator of what may come than an instigator. If Chauvin goes free and there's rioting, it would have happened regardless of anything Waters would have had to say.

The comparison to Trump is extremely weak. Yes, there's language that is inciteful on the surface, but everything underlying that is completely different. For one, Trump quite literally created out of thin air all of the circumstances leading up to the insurrection, and all of it was based on a lie. Waters, by contrast, did not create the race problem in America, a fantastically complicated and insidious spider web of conditions that ultimately culminated in the murder of Floyd.
I don't think she's going full Trump, but also I think we need to be careful with what is being said, how that is being perceived, and the impact it can have on the current situation. Waters didn't invent the racial inequalities we experience now, but we have also experienced a prolonged period of violence and rioting and feeding into that isn't good.

Senior Congresswoman Maxine Waters is dissatisfied with the level of violence and lawlessness in Minnesota. She is calling for an escalation with increased illegal behavior. After she left a fight broke out among the violent rioters and police. I guess they gave her what she was asking for.

The irony here is she just voted to impeach Trump for inciting a riot and here she is flying to Minnesota to do precisely that.
1618972483380.png

If someone is engaging in first amendment activities, such as Walters was, it can be argued that the curfew would be violating the constitution rather than Walters breaking the law.
She did not call for violence. Period.

Were they carrying Maxine Walter signs, wearing Maxine Walter hats and t-shirts while they did it? Did the IMMEDIATELY leave her presence and directly go on to commit violent acts? Did they cite Maxine Walters as the person who motivated them to do it?

This is miles away from Jan 6th. and well within free speech.

Was it smart for a congressperson to use those particular words in that context? That's arguable, but that's about as far as it goes.
Mad Maxine may have caused a mistrial. There will now likely be appeals. What sort of people vote for dogshit like her anyway? https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...pundit&utm_campaign=dailyam&utm_content=daily

There were going to be appeals anyway, whether they're granted or not is another story. Though she certainly didn't help matters.

Maxine Waters is nuttier than last year's Christmas fruitcake, no question.

But why would the words of a Congresswoman from another state influence the jury? People have been talking publicly about the Floyd/Chauvin case since it happened. I'm curious why anyone would think the 12 jurors would ignore everyone else's words and only focus on her words.

The extreme right and left always use the same rhetoric.

Please one picture of her without her white women's wig. Why doesn't she wear an Afro wig? If ugly was smarts she would be a genius.

Back
Top Bottom