• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maxine tells homeless to "go home"

What you're missing is I want to discuss "Republican" homeless agendas, and plans. So I picked a Republican Florida. That way you can show me, what they're doing right.

But, sadly, all I'm learning from you is you don't give a shit about homeless people other than using them to slap a liberal. This is why nobody listens to Republicans. It's easy to see how full of shit they are. You haven't answered because I'm guessing you can't.
No, it's liberals who don't care about homeless people.
It's liberals that think setting up tent cities on sidewalks and parks is compassion. Who gives a shit about the business or the majority of the population that have to use the sidewalks.
It's liberals that think giving the homeless drugs will solve the drug problem.
It's liberals in California that prevent affordable housing to be built.
It's liberals that driving the tax base out of California. When that happens no more money for metal health facilities.
It's liberals that welcome illegals into these cities and create more homeless.
It's liberals that allow the homeless to commit crime without punishment.

The above is the opposite of what is happening in Florida.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colu...housing-hud-perspec-0322-20150320-column.html

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion...berals-are-so-conservative-about-16432660.php

The above is the opposite of what is happening in Florida.

Quote:

One of those organizations is the Central Florida Commission on Homelessness, of which acting on chronic homelessness is part of their mission according to David Swanson — the current chairman of the board. The organization was formed in 2003 in Orlando, Florida, says Swanson, “the organization has worked on strategy, public policy, and advocacy for the homeless … with approximately 40 board members that represent elected political officials, members of the faith community, businessmen and women.”

Swanson says that the biggest issue they need to address is housing for the homeless, “therefore, the organization follows the Housing First model … each person is assigned a case worker who works closely with them to ensure their medical needs are met, is in touch with their employer, and checks whether they are living well with their neighbors.” Swanson elaborates that the model has been successful for them and in the “last 3 years we have housed over 700 people who were chronically homeless.”

Housing First is not a necessarily experimental concept either, but has been factually proven to work according to the Florida Department of Children and Families Council on Homelessness report of 2017, “Housing First is recognized as an evidence-based best practice, is cost effective, and results in better outcomes as compared to other approaches.”

When reflecting on numbers, Kristy Lukaszewski, the policy and programs director of the commission, stated that it costs $32,000 when someone is on the streets compared to $18,000 when they are housed. In the long-term, housing the homeless saves not just lives but also money. Housing First now exists in some form in 17 states.

Why? I mean besides the fact that big cities are a hell of lot harder to run then little towns.
The main problems in the mid west are drug addicts. I hear it's a major problem. So, what are all the good things they are doing they're keeping secret from the rest of us?
So why do the democrats push lunatic policies like "no cash bail" and "defund the police"

Why would someone "try" with a Trumpist whose only contribution to DP is to make the fourth spam thread on each Fox-commanded topic of the day? The only part of this that could imaginably be called your contribution is when you say "lol look what Fox said."

We know where foxnews.com is if we want to find it.
LOL so you defend Maxine's uncaring attitude for the homeless by doing another TDS word salad. Keep being you. :ROFLMAO:

Admit? lol Sure, if that's what your ego needs, I'll admit it without even checking if it's correct. I don't really care, I care about a good solution to homelessness, regardless.

Now, enough avoidance. Let's here those great ideas, and implemented programs which make it lower in Republican cities that Democrats just aren't doing. I'm all ears.
We can start by cutting the politicians greed motivated policies in those areas that inhibit growth in home and business construction. Construction is much less expensive in red states and cities that do not go off the rails with property taxes, the cost of building permits, regulations etc.

Perhaps one of the homeless should have invited Maxine over to their "home" for some reality check.
Oor rather the opposite. The homeless should go and overwhelm her personal property.

Somehow, despite the gaff, I suspect Maxine Waters record on advocacy for the less fortunate is probably better than those of her critics.

Remain aware of the point: it's not to help the poor, it's to bash those who take action on their behalf.

Throwing billions and billions and billions of your grandchildrens money into programs that are not helping and are in fact showing an INCREASE in the problem is not leadership nor is it 'advocacy'...and defending it is lunacy.

I couldn't stop laughing! Telling homeless to go home? 😃 This Maxine Marxist bitch is a bigger gaffe machine than Bide and a lot more vulgar too.
Then she tries to preemptively bury her blunder by threatening media.

"At one point, when it was clear that staff at the event were being overwhelmed, Waters reportedly said to the crowd, "I want everybody to go home."

"Watters then grew frustrated and said, "Excuse me, there’s nobody in Washington who works for their people any f— harder than I do. I don’t want to hear this. No, no, no."

"When a Los Angeles Times reporter contact Waters about the event, the congresswoman reportedly tried to dissuade the paper from reporting the story."

"You’ll hurt yourself and the community "

Your link doesn't go to any such story. Just the home page of fox.

Oor rather the opposite. The homeless should go and overwhelm her personal property.
Maxine could offer some of Pelosi's $17 a pint ice cream as a token of her hospitality,! Those liberals are too funnY!

Maxine could offer some of Pelosi's $17 a pint ice cream as a token of her hospitality,! Those liberals are too funnY!
Perhaps she can allow some of the homeless to pitch their tents in her back yard.

Back
Top Bottom