• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mattress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be misunderstanding your question.

The sleep number is basically a high end air mattress. You can get them with different covers of varying thickness. Or you can buy a memory foam topper that just goes over the sleep number although I don't really think you need that.

Don't you need a mattress to go under the sleepnumber and above the box springs still, so they don't replace the actual mattress itself?

Don't you need a mattress to go under the sleepnumber and above the box springs still, so they don't replace the actual mattress itself?

No, the Sleep Number is a full depth mattress. You don't need anything but a flat board to put it on. You don't even need a box spring although you can use one.
p6_45.jpg

You can buy them plain or with a memory foam layer.

Reading through this makes me want my waterbed back.

I feel your pain. I cried when my husband decided that it was the waterbed giving him back problems, and bought a memory foam mattress instead. :(

P.S. He still has the back problems.

I feel your pain. I cried when my husband decided that it was the waterbed giving him back problems, and bought a memory foam mattress instead. :(

P.S. He still has the back problems.

I had a true waterbed back in the day...loved it till I was in a bad car accident and it killed my back. No support at all. :(

We just ordered a Sleep Number bed around a week ago. We bought the Value Bed and will be assembling it on our own when it arrives. It is pricey, but my better half has wanted one for a long time and we both agreed it was time.

The last mattress that we actually loved was a Serta that we bought many, many years ago. It was a firm mattress that could be turned over when needed. We had it for so long, and the edges were still firm enough to sit on, and it didn't sink or lump in the middle....but we felt we deserved a new mattress after so long, We've been though a lot of mattresses since then, the ones you can't turn over, and have not been happy with any of them.

We're gentle on our mattresses, we're not obese, we don't have any kids around jumping on them...but, the edges give way quickly, where you can't sit on the side of the bed to do anything without sliding off of the mattress. Also, there are lumps or dips throughout the mattress.

The Sleep Number bed we bought is a King, all our beds have been King sized for decades now. Hoping this bed will be good for us and last for a long, long time. Does anyone here currently have a Sleep Number? Do you like it?

I need a new mattress. I have a queen size Queen Anne style four poster and want to know from anyone who has a memory foam bed OR one of those sleep number mattresses.

Which would be better for the kind of bed I have? I REALLY want the memory foam, but I'm not sure if it'd be too hot. I don't know why I imagine laying in a puddle of sweat, but maybe it's because of the "molds around your body" aspect of it.

The sleep number appeals to me because I have an old back injury and prefer firmer mattresses.

Suggestions?

I have a low profile Heavenly bed made by Westin hotels in our snowbird Florida home.

Since its introduction in 1999, the Westin Heavenly Bed has eased millions of guests into deep, restful sleep. Start with our custom pillow-top mattress. Layer on our soothing Westin linens, plush pillows, cozy down blanket and custom duvet. Sleep Well.

We have a king sleep number bed that has an adjustable frame in Michigan.

I like the Heavenly Bed the best but my husband likes the sleep number better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom