• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mattis to be secretary of having a plan to kill everyone america meets!!!

Even liberals gotta admit: It's a great nick name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He's in the same line as another Marine - Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller

mbachesty.jpg

278439d1388006645t-motivational-demotivational-funny-posters-gifs-memes-thread-image-114885846.jpg

But, when he does it, he'll do it right. I'm sure General Mattis is more concerned with winning vice going for the good sportsmanship award.

This general seems like another angry white man. I certainly hope he won't advise his President to do anything to make our enemies feel icky or invalidated. After all, they are humans, too, and violence never solves anything. If this awful country had just tried to understand these people and their cultures, instead of reflexively lashing out at them for the crime of not being good, white bread, Xtian Americans, they would like and respect us instead of hating us. Hitting is never acceptable, arms are for hugging, and an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

This general seems like another angry white man. I certainly hope he won't advise his President to do anything to make our enemies feel icky or invalidated. After all, they are humans, too, and violence never solves anything. If this awful country had just tried to understand these people and their cultures, instead of reflexively lashing out at them for the crime of not being good, white bread, Xtian Americans, they would like and respect us instead of hating us. Hitting is never acceptable, arms are for hugging, and an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Violence never solved anything? I think the Carthaginians would disagree with you...if you could find one.

Meh. He can only do what Congress and the President allow him to do. For all his bluster, the SecDef really doesn't have much autonomy.

Meh. He can only do what Congress and the President allow him to do. For all his bluster, the SecDef really doesn't have much autonomy.

You don't hire a guy like that if you don't mean business, because he will eventual leave. Then you've accomplished nothing. ISIS needs to understand that the honeymoon is over.

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I’ll kill you all.

-- Message sent to Iraqi leaders after the invasion where his troop were stationed.

I think if ISIS leaders understand this guys attitude, it will have an effect on them without even firing a shot. They don't respect weakness.

For decades, Saddam Hussein has tortured, imprisoned, raped and murdered the Iraqi people; invaded neighboring countries without provocation; and threatened the world with weapons of mass destruction. The time has come to end his reign of terror. On your young shoulders rest the hopes of mankind. When I give you the word, together we will cross the Line of Departure, close with those forces that choose to fight, and destroy them. Our fight is not with the Iraqi people, nor is it with members of the Iraqi army who choose to surrender. While we will move swiftly and aggressively against those who resist, we will treat all others with decency, demonstrating chivalry and soldierly compassion for people who have endured a lifetime under Saddam’s oppression. Chemical attack, treachery, and use of the innocent as human shields can be expected, as can other unethical tactics. Take it all in stride. Be the hunter, not the hunted: never allow your unit to be caught with its guard down. Use good judgment and act in best interests of our Nation. You are part of the world’s most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon. Share your courage with each other as we enter the uncertain terrain north of the Line of Departure. Keep faith in your comrades on your left and right and Marine Air overhead. Fight with a happy heart and strong spirit. For the mission’s sake, our country’s sake, and the sake of the men who carried the Division’s colors in the past battles-who fought for life and never lost their nerve-carry out your mission and keep your honor clean. Demonstrate to the world there is "No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy" than a U.S. Marine.

This guy is pretty damn solid. If you are the bad guy, your life is going to suck.

ISIS needs to understand that the honeymoon is over.

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article/isis-losses-the-numbers
As of March 7, 2016, the United States and its coalition partners had conducted 10,809 airstrikes against ISIS targets - 7,225 in Iraq and 3,584 in Syria. The airstrikes had damaged or destroyed 21,501 ISIS targets. The United States has conducted more than 8,000 of the strikes. Airstrikes had killed around 20,000 ISIS fighters by the end of 2015. In December 2015 alone, airstrikes killed around 2,500 ISIS fighters.

Some honeymoon.

While I don't object much to having an "Ol' Blood and Guts" guy in charge of the military, part of nation building -- which we are unfortunately tasked with, whether we want to be or not -- consists of winning hearts and minds, which I don't think his "kill 'em all and let Allah sort 'em out" approach lends itself to.

Whose there to confirm all this? And besides, that's not all I'm talking about, these guys over there have no fear of us at all.

How the **** do you know? Because their propaganda videos say so?

While I don't object much to having an "Ol' Blood and Guts" guy in charge of the military, part of nation building -- which we are unfortunately tasked with, whether we want to be or not -- consists of winning hearts and minds, which I don't think his "kill 'em all and let Allah sort 'em out" approach lends itself to.

I'm with you there generally, that's why we like a civilian in charge of the military. However, with Trump's lack of military service (and quite possibly complete lack of military knowledge) along with a lack of government service I think having someone who knows the complete nuts and bolts of the military is a good thing.

I'm with you there generally, that's why we like a civilian in charge of the military. However, with Trump's lack of military service (and quite possibly complete lack of military knowledge) along with a lack of government service I think having someone who knows the complete nuts and bolts of the military is a good thing.

Mattis' words indicate he has a solid character and the right temperament to work with coalitions as well.

Rome didn't have any more trouble with Carthage after the Third Punic War, did it?

Was it solved by violence? Your ideas are naïve at best and dangerous at worst. Violence may not be the first or even fifth resort, but one you need to be prepared for.

Trumps lack of military service? What about the ENTIRE current administration? POTUS is a one term Senator who while a State Senator never voted, his SecDef NEVER served, neither did the Secretary of the Army or the Secretary of the Air Force, the SecNav had TWO FRIGGIN years of service (woopie). Hopefully now the US Military will not be a Progressive play ground for social engineering and instead will focus on defending the nation and the nations interest.

Trumps lack of military service? What about the ENTIRE current administration? POTUS is a one term Senator who while a State Senator never voted, his SecDef NEVER served, neither did the Secretary of the Army or the Secretary of the Air Force, the SecNav had TWO FRIGGIN years of service (woopie). Hopefully now the US Military will not be a Progressive play ground for social engineering and instead will focus on defending the nation and the nations interest.

If Obama had appointed someone like Mattis I wouldn't have had a problem with it then either.

Was it solved by violence? Your ideas are naïve at best and dangerous at worst. Violence may not be the first or even fifth resort, but one you need to be prepared for.

Of course Rome's problems with Carthage were resolved--permanently--by violence. That's why they call it the Third Punic War. At least that's my dangerous and naive belief about that history. But then I also have the dangerous and naive belief that the Civil War in this country was resolved by violence, and a whole lot of it.

That awkward moment when your No1 Ally appoints someone nicknamed "mad dog"...

Of course Rome's problems with Carthage were resolved--permanently--by violence. That's why they call it the Third Punic War. At least that's my dangerous and naive belief about that history. But then I also have the dangerous and naive belief that the Civil War in this country was resolved by violence, and a whole lot of it.

You are refuting your original post here so I guess, ok?

Of course Rome's problems with Carthage were resolved--permanently--by violence. That's why they call it the Third Punic War. At least that's my dangerous and naive belief about that history. But then
I also have the dangerous and naive belief that the Civil War in this country was resolved by violence, and a whole lot of it.

T'ain't resolved yet. It's no accident that high colesterol-inducing sausage biscuits and gravy have been exported from the South all across the nation. They're out for revenge. It's a whole new front.

I have a tactical flashlight. I can light up stuff a quarter mile away with the thing. Not sure if that's useful but it sure is impressive. Pretty solid too so I'm thinking if I have to whack someone on the head with it it's gonna hurt like hell.

I never wanted a tactical flashlight that everyone could see. It takes the "tactical" out of "tactical".

I AM SO EXCITE I AM SO EXCITE I AM SO EXCITE SO WONDERFUL TREMENDOUS GREAT WONDERFUL I AM SO EXCITE!!!

THIS IS MY FACEBOOK RIGHT NOW:

Can't tell if serious.

That awkward moment when your No1 Ally appoints someone nicknamed "mad dog"...

I used to run with a hard core bunch of bikers. When walking into a biker bar, find the one that likes to fight the most and buy him a beer but don't back down.

Back
Top Bottom