• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mattis: Russia tried to interfere in 2018 midterms

Putin getting involved with Cohen was indeed an interesting development.

But that's how Putin & Russia operate; they sow chaos. And Trump's the perfect target and tool. We can see how well it worked, up to now. Excellently, sadly. :(

But liberals said Trump and Putin were big buds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rachel Maddow did a great job on her MSNBC show the other night, stitching this web of BS & intrigue & stupidity together in order for the real pattern to emerge.

Did she have Trumps taxes again?

It's the timeline sequence of the Republicans going over to Putin after Putin's return to the presidency in 2012. We're talking 2012 to 2016 and forward to the present moment. So don't you look dense and confused. Indeed, your post confirms further and reinforces that you are not competent in posting content or substance. The error is a wild desperation over there.

Meanwhile...

The tiny minority of American Conservatives/Republicans reject Putin despite the fact Putin is the Conservative's Conservative who is a magnet to the huge majority of American Conservatives/Republicans. Romney-Rubio are two among the handful of some exception. Putin being the world's foremost Conservative's Conservative pulls it all off by having a sham democracy. I expect however Putin privately looks ahead to the day he will get 120 percent of the vote. Then of course there's Trump who as we know hasn't limits.

Here's Sen. Rubio dumping on Trump for the Putin-Trump press conference after the two met secretly in Helsinki when Trump said he believes Putin over US intelligence reports and analysis. Yes, we recall Putin and Trump met in deep state secrecy...

view

Sen. Marco Rubio is rumored to emerge from the private barfroom reserved for Senators only of either party to rush into after Trump speaks anytime on anything.

"I don't think it was a good moment for this administration, and I disagreed with it," Rubio said. I'm glad that he cleaned that up because it left, if you watched that video, it leaves the impression that my intelligence community says one thing, Putin says another, I'm siding with Putin, and that was a bad impression to leave behind." He added, "I don't like the way this was handled."

Rubio counts himself as one of Putin's chief critics in Washington, and in his interview Sunday, he accused Putin of perpetrating war crimes and killing political opponents. He said that because of Trump's lack of political background, there was at times a clash between Trump's approach to Putin and the more hardline approach other politicians might have delivered in his position.

In his assessment of Putin, Rubio said he did not believe the Russian leader expected a better relationship with the United States and was more "interested in gaining advantage at our expense and to his benefit."

https://www.local10.com/news/politics/rubio-trump-should-be-cleareyed-about-who-putin-is

To Putin's Benefit. At the expense of the United States...its allies and partner countries globally.

The only dumping going on is from from you and in the same post;

*"I don't think it was a good moment for this administration, and I disagreed with it," Rubio said. I'm glad that he cleaned that up because it left, if you watched that video, it leaves the impression that my intelligence community says one thing, Putin says another, I'm siding with Putin, and that was a bad impression to leave behind." He added, "I don't like the way this was handled."*

Just keep posting Tangmo, you're doing a fine job of discrediting your statement.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/419282-mattis-russia-interfered-in-2018-midterms

Defense Secretary James Mattis said Saturday that Russian operatives attempted to interfere in the 2018 midterm elections, apparently confirming for the first time that Moscow attempted to meddle in last month's elections.

Mattis spoke of the relationship between the Trump administration and Russian President Vladimir Putin during an interview Saturday at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California.
=========================================
Well, so much for the chummy relationship between Trump & Putin. Putin's release of Cohen emails regarding Trump Tower Moscow is another sign that Vlad sees Trump as a liability.

It depends on what the word interfered is defined as. We are never going to stop them from interfering in our elections, just as we interfere in other's elections. Countries have been doing this ever since democracy was invented. Maybe a better word is influence. So, what if they try influencing elections? I'm all for limiting social media and of course we are very stupid if we don't stop hacking in every way, shape, or form. But, liberals use the word interfered way too loosely. But, if you want to rerun the midterms, that's fine with me. I doubt Russia changed any election results in either 2018 or 2016. It's not why we had a small blue wave and it also had nothing to do with Trump winning in 2016. It's nothing more than the percentage of illegals who vote, not enough to change the results.

But liberals said Trump and Putin were big buds

Trump may think Putin likes him, but the reality is Putin's using him.

The only dumping going on is from from you and in the same post;

*"I don't think it was a good moment for this administration, and I disagreed with it," Rubio said. I'm glad that he cleaned that up because it left, if you watched that video, it leaves the impression that my intelligence community says one thing, Putin says another, I'm siding with Putin, and that was a bad impression to leave behind." He added, "I don't like the way this was handled."*

Just keep posting Tangmo, you're doing a fine job of discrediting your statement.

As I'd indicated you're not good at nuance but then again you're not trying to be. It's obvious nuance is not on your agenda theze dayze. You have that gifted advantage. In fact the above is your 9th post to me on this page and the one before it. While you can go post on post indefinitely I cannot thx anyway. I know this because experience is the best instructor and self-moderator. I'll continue posting to the thread however, so carry on.

Lowy Institute in Sydney Australia is the country's leading private defense and security organization. It is affiliated with the Hudson Institute in NYC. In 2016 Lowy accepted membership on the Council of Councils of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.

ANALYSES |

AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN: TRUMP, PUTIN AND THE US–RUSSIA RELATIONSHIP

How US–Russia relations have sunk to a new low under the most pro-Kremlin president in history.

KEY FINDINGS
*US–Russia relations are more problematic and acrimonious than at any time since the end of the Cold War.
*Hopes in Moscow that Trump’s election might lead to a rapprochement have evaporated, and even limited cooperation appears a distant prospect.
*Trump’s anarchic tendencies will further destabilise relations in a volatile international context. The risk of direct confrontation between the United States and Russia has increased tangibly.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

US–Russia relations are more acrimonious than at any time since the end of the Cold War. Initial hopes in Moscow that Donald Trump’s shock victory in the 2016 US presidential election might lead to a new quality of engagement have evaporated. Today, there is little talk of strategic cooperation, much less a ‘grand bargain’. The question instead is whether Washington and Moscow can manage their many differences, and avoid a dangerous escalation of tensions.

The signs are not good. US sanctions against Russia have been strengthened. Accusations of Russian interference in the US democratic process have become more strident. Vladimir Putin’s conduct of foreign policy is increasingly assertive. And US–Russia strategic arms control agreements are close to unravelling. Meanwhile, the acute dysfunctionality of the Trump White House threatens to create fresh crises and aggravate existing ones.

The best-case scenario for the relationship in the short to medium term may be one of mutual containment, reminiscent of the Cold War. However, even this relative stability appears elusive. Trump’s political weakness and anarchic tendencies point to further destabilisation. Against the backdrop of a volatile international environment, the chances of an accident, even of direct confrontation between the United States and Russia, have increased significantly.

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/publi...happen-trump-putin-and-us-russia-relationship

So it's a good thing Jim Mattis is SecDef. Indeed, Trump gave Mattis full authority to choose his civilian deputy secretary, civilian assistant secretaries, military chiefs and commanders. Which makes the place the Mattis Pentagon Co. Inc. of its parent company the United States of America and its governing document, the Constitution.

As I'd indicated you're not good at nuance but then again you're not trying to be. It's obvious nuance is not on your agenda theze dayze. You have that gifted advantage. In fact the above is your 9th post to me on this page and the one before it. While you can go post on post indefinitely I cannot thx anyway. I know this because experience is the best instructor and self-moderator. I'll continue posting to the thread however, so carry on.

All lot of words that still don't substantiate your claim.

This is about the Trump Surrender Tour. It is a continuous and ongoing Tour which occurs whenever Trump goes abroad. So it it's not one single event or a one time thing. It is rather when Trump meets with leaders of other countries whether individually or in some kind of grouping such as Kim in Singapore, Putin in Helsinki, or at Nato, Paris, G-20, the Saudi royal palace and so on.

Putin is the Conservative's Conservative. Putin is the Man of the Right. This is so in Russia, Globally and in the United States. Which is why and how Putin appeals to American Conservatives/Republicans. American Conservatives and Republicans are determined to make the USA more like Putin's Russia than the other way around. This is because American Conservatives/Republicans have become what we once fought against successfully.

c7720bcd-1393-499c-8871-8992879b8296-205_218710.jpg

Trump the Putin Fabulist

Putin gave Trump a soccer ball in Helsinki, "but the two may as well have exchanged tinfoil hats" because they both embrace conspiracies and reject objective fact, GQ correspondent Julia Ioffe wrote in The Washington Post.

"After years of churning out fabulist explanations for Russian actions that always exonerate the Russian government, the Kremlin has finally found a willing audience for Putin’s version of reality: the leader of the free world," she wrote. "Now Putin has what he wanted: a man in the White House who really understands him, who sees things from the same perspective, who sees things the right way.
"

Trump's Disloyalty

"It is an unfathomable proposition that the day would ever come when America could rightly question the loyalties of its own president, but that is precisely where we have arrived," opinion columnist Charles Blow wrote in The New York Times.

"Trump likes to say that a country without borders is no longer a country," Blow wrote. "But a democracy in which the public ceases to have confidence that its elected leader is acting in the interest of his own country and not another is no longer a democracy."

The Trump Groveling Tour

"It seems only moments ago that Republicans derided Barack Obama’s 'apology tour,'" wrote anti-Trump conservative Charles Sykes in The Weekly Standard. "But that has been replaced by Donald Trump’s Groveling Tour, a peculiar combination of bullying our friends and fawning on our enemies."

"What we have learned again is that at the heart of every truculent and strutting bully is a craven sycophant eager to cower before a bigger bully," Sykes said. "On Monday, Trump found that bigger bully and his cowering was the embarrassment heard round the world
."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...19/helsinki-summit-media-reactions/798607002/

Trump has taken Putin's side. His stability and America's safety are now in question.

636673526591375438-VPC-TRUMP-PUTIN-MTG-WRAP.jpg

The Russians, at this moment, continue to attack us and they will attempt to interfere in the 2018 elections. Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, has told us point-blank that all of the warning lights of an impending attack of some kind are flashing red, which is not language that the DNI — and a Trump ally — would use lightly.

Trump's performance will raise concerns not only about the president's personal stability, but about the future and safety of the United States and its allies. If Putin now thinks he can act against the U.S. and NATO with impunity, as he surely must, then we are headed for one of the most dangerous periods since the end of the Cold War. But the president, the commander in chief of our armed forces, the man whose oath requires him to defend us, has taken sides. He has taken Putin’s side. We are in significant peril, and it will not abate soon.

---Tom Nichols, a professor of national security affairs at the Naval War College, Newport Naval Base RI

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-most-danger-since-cold-war-column/786850002/

Hahahahahahahaha, for the FIRST time. :lamo The TDS is strong around here.

HUTAS (head up trump's ass syndrom) is stronger. It's so strong, in fact, that it can exist in an environment of overwhelming evidence of presidential corruption and cheating.

This disorder is accompanied by maniacal laughter, unexplained anger, a feeling of apathy toward reality and a physical response to the name "Clinton" that causes the affected to lose bowel control and spontaneously abort 50 of their IQ points as a self defense mechanism, like when lizards detach their tails when threatened.

Please have yourself checked immediately. The symptoms are not to be ignored without risking an epidemic of fascism.

HUTAS (head up trump's ass syndrom) is stronger. It's so strong, in fact, that it can exist in an environment of overwhelming evidence of presidential corruption and cheating.

This disorder is accompanied by maniacal laughter, unexplained anger, a feeling of apathy toward reality and a physical response to the name "Clinton" that causes the affected to lose bowel control and spontaneously abort 50 of their IQ points as a self defense mechanism, like when lizards detach their tails when threatened.

Please have yourself checked immediately. The symptoms are not to be ignored without risking an epidemic of fascism.

I hope you get well soon.

It can be good to engage with the other side because some of 'em actually say what's going on. Which is good of course. It's great in fact.

Why The Conservative Admiration Of Putin Is Dangerous

If you’re a fan of an unaccountable ruling class, you’ll love Putin’s Russia.

SEPTEMBER 15, 2016

Donald Trump admires Vladimir Putin’s “strength” and “great control over his country.” So naturally, conservative supporters like Dinesh Dsouza, and many others, felt compelled to praise the effectiveness of the Russian strongman — especially when compared to Barack Obama. First of all, remember: when Trump’s con game is over, you’ll still be one of the people who defended an authoritarian thug.

Then again, this growing Putin admiration among conservatives probably reflects two dynamics. The first, one we’ve seen on numerous fronts in this election, is the corrosive effect this Republican nominee has on the principles and long-held beliefs of conservatives, in general.

Rationalizing your nominees’ inconsistencies isn’t unique. It’s conventional behavior from partisans in every election in every political party. What makes 2016 different is,

1) Conservatives outside find themselves outside their comfort zone, sometimes taking positions that contradict 40 years of philosophical positioning.
2) Trump’s stances don’t oscillate, they thrust in unknowable directions all the time — oftentimes more than once a day. Keeping up can make a partisan look more like a shady apparatchik.

The second, far more concerning aspect of this trend is that Putin-love likely reflects a genuine (once-latent) shift among Republican voters. There’s a lot of talk about how “elites” and the ruling class have led the nation to a candidate like Trump. It seems to me that in many ways, Trump’s fans pine for their own muscular ruling class.

Well, if you’re a fan of an unaccountable plutocrats, you’ll love Putin’s Russia.

Putin-Trump-Fanboys won't deny they want the USA to incorporate Putin's Russia inside its own borders. They believe in it so deeply it's hard for 'em to lie about it by saying they don't believe. Strongman rule rather than the rule of law is the American Conservatives' cup of polonium tea.

Last edited:
https://thehill.com/policy/international/419282-mattis-russia-interfered-in-2018-midterms

Defense Secretary James Mattis said Saturday that Russian operatives attempted to interfere in the 2018 midterm elections, apparently confirming for the first time that Moscow attempted to meddle in last month's elections.

Mattis spoke of the relationship between the Trump administration and Russian President Vladimir Putin during an interview Saturday at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California.
=========================================
Well, so much for the chummy relationship between Trump & Putin. Putin's release of Cohen emails regarding Trump Tower Moscow is another sign that Vlad sees Trump as a liability.

Red:
You think so? I don't. I think Trump will continue to discount and deny Putin's nature and that Putin is an existential threat to the US and global stability.

I hope you get well soon.

Moderator's Warning:
I hope you both knock off this personal garbage, lest I boot you from the thread, infract you, or some combination thereof.

I don't doubt it. And I don't like it. But this is what happens when we act like we own the world for the past few decades. We get shown we do not. :shrug:

Doesn't mean we shouldn't do somehting about it. If anything this is a good time to do something about, by fundamentally restructuring the way we do elections and campaign finance reform among other things. A viable third party wouldn't hurt either.

I'm a fan of an unaccountable ruling class, and the atmosphere is terrific for that right here in the US of A.

Government officials perjure themselves in front of the TV cameras and nobody is held accountable. Yes, I'm a huge fan of the Gangsta's Paradise right here in Amerika.

Russia tried to meddle in the 2018 according to Mattis. MSM did meddle in the 2018. The Mueller investigation did meddle in the 2018.

I don't doubt it. And I don't like it. But this is what happens when we act like we own the world for the past few decades. We get shown we do not. :shrug:

Doesn't mean we shouldn't do somehting about it. If anything this is a good time to do something about, by fundamentally restructuring the way we do elections and campaign finance reform among other things. A viable third party wouldn't hurt either.

A third party is almost always an assorted sampling of rightwingnuts. This has been the case since George Wallace to Ross Perot. All they are is a giant sucking sound, to paraphrase Perot the bonehead. So this we don't need.

The Republican party has welcomed Putin-Trump-Conservatives as it is, to include the Ma and Pa Kettle vote. No a third party is not a "viable" response to the present times if a third party could become viable. Trump would anyway be near perfect for a third party in 2020 if that might be what it comes to. Just understand I'm not predicting anything here, just saying.

It can be good to engage with the other side because some of 'em actually say what's going on. Which is good of course. It's great in fact.

If you’re a fan of an unaccountable ruling class, you’ll love Putin’s Russia.

SEPTEMBER 15, 2016

Donald Trump admires Vladimir Putin’s “strength” and “great control over his country.” So naturally, conservative supporters like Dinesh Dsouza, and many others, felt compelled to praise the effectiveness of the Russian strongman — especially when compared to Barack Obama. First of all, remember: when Trump’s con game is over, you’ll still be one of the people who defended an authoritarian thug.

Then again, this growing Putin admiration among conservatives probably reflects two dynamics. The first, one we’ve seen on numerous fronts in this election, is the corrosive effect this Republican nominee has on the principles and long-held beliefs of conservatives, in general.

Rationalizing your nominees’ inconsistencies isn’t unique. It’s conventional behavior from partisans in every election in every political party. What makes 2016 different is,

1) Conservatives outside find themselves outside their comfort zone, sometimes taking positions that contradict 40 years of philosophical positioning.
2) Trump’s stances don’t oscillate, they thrust in unknowable directions all the time — oftentimes more than once a day. Keeping up can make a partisan look more like a shady apparatchik.

The second, far more concerning aspect of this trend is that Putin-love likely reflects a genuine (once-latent) shift among Republican voters. There’s a lot of talk about how “elites” and the ruling class have led the nation to a candidate like Trump. It seems to me that in many ways, Trump’s fans pine for their own muscular ruling class.

Well, if you’re a fan of an unaccountable plutocrats, you’ll love Putin’s Russia.

Putin-Trump-Fanboys won't deny they want the USA to incorporate Putin's Russia inside its own borders. They believe in it so deeply it's hard for 'em to lie about it by saying they don't believe. Strongman rule rather than the rule of law is the American Conservatives' cup of polonium tea.

I don't know where this came from, probably the belief of the fictional love Trump has for Putin; therefore his supporters must also love Putin. Total ridiculous and unfounded.

I don't know where this came from, probably the belief of the fictional love Trump has for Putin; therefore his supporters must also love Putin. Total ridiculous and unfounded.

Conservatives have been awfully thin in their criticisms of Putin. This has been true since Putin resumed the presidency -- of Russia -- in 2012. In fact just about the only thing American Conservatives/Republicans have said about Putin since 2012 is praise. Indeed, Conservatives/Republicans have virtually gone dumb silent on Putin since Trump began his candidacy around mid-2015. This all the while Trump kept calling out to Russia and to Wikileaks.

Yes almost any criticism of Putin is rejected by Conservatives/Republicans. The line instead over there is that Putin is the victim of the US. And when anyone references the proximity of Putin and Trump, Conservatives deny deny deny. Despite the events of October 2016 Conservatives were calm and collected going into the election. It was almost like you guys had some sort of an inside track on Trump coming out the winner. When Trump won Conservatives pretty much took it as if it had been ordained already.

IF the Russians did actually interfere in the midterms, then that is proof that Messrs. Trump and Putin are NOT close buddies.

After all, the Blue Tsunami is going to totally embarrass and maybe even evict the current occupant of the White House.

If Ms. Hillary had won, the Democrats would have completely ignored alleged Russian interference in 2016.

Conservatives/Republicans have been awfully thin in their criticisms of Putin.

It's like looking at a sheet of paper along its side.

Virtually nothing there. Praise only instead. It's classic Sympathy for the Devil.

IF the Russians did actually interfere in the midterms, then that is proof that Messrs. Trump and Putin are NOT close buddies.

After all, the Blue Tsunami is going to totally embarrass and maybe even evict the current occupant of the White House.

If Ms. Hillary had won, the Democrats would have completely ignored alleged Russian interference in 2016.

what.

It's almost like you don't know or comprehend anything.

^ DP staff at its finest. Utterly ignorant of all things.

Wow! So finally the naïve have figured out that Russia like the USA support candidates of other countries that are favorable to our interest. What a revelation. Just genius. Next we will move on to the startling concept of a round world. That is right. It is not flat and we no longer have to worry about sailing off the edge.

Back
Top Bottom