• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mattis: Russia tried to interfere in 2018 midterms

Thanks for admitting that Republicans can only win with foreign assistance.

Thanks for admitting the Russia Connection is horse****.

Net 40 Democrats won in the House to get majority control of it which is when Putin shat a brick. It's the only Bric they got over there btw cause the Brics have fallen and crashed. Shattered. Nobody in it was a model of democracy anyway. Quite the opposite.

Putin-Trump-Fanboys.

I doubt the Democrats scare anyone. If anything, their presence encourages our foes.

I doubt the Democrats scare anyone. If anything, their presence encourages our foes.
I'm certain they do, and I'm certain you're wrong.

But tell me more about how you "doubt"? Such strong conviction! Tell me more about your half-way feelings of doubt and concern....hand wringing like a snowflake about the mean old democrats.
Do this, while simultaneously attacking their strength of character....it's priceless.

I'm certain they do, and I'm certain you're wrong.

But tell me more about how you "doubt"? Such strong conviction! Tell me more about your half-way feelings of doubt and concern....hand wringing like a snowflake about the mean old democrats.
Do this, while simultaneously attacking their strength of character....it's priceless.

Yeah! Obama really scared the crap out of the assholes of the world with his apology tour and his red line.

How did that 2016 election turn out? :lamo

Yeah! Obama really scared the crap out of the assholes of the world with his apology tour and his red line.
How did that 2016 election turn out? :lamo
Obama got 8 years and no crimes.
How's Trump's presidency just past year 2...looking good, all lights green? Come on, you can tell me, I won't laugh.

Oh, no doubt. They may have even targeted him earlier before his campaign.

Unfortunately by his modus operandi and associations, Trump gave them a target rich environment.

Maybe so. We know they targeted the Clinton campaign as well. I guess we can now write off 'collusion' as a reasonable theory.

You bet. To pull together Flynn, Cohen, Trump, his kids, Putin, the real estate deals in Moscow (including a $50M bribe to Putin), Maria Butina setting up Trump on sanctions on Russia, took a lot of effort. No wonder they pay her so much. (All the leads on MSNBC make over $1M/year). I make a point of watching her at 9PM week nights.

It took a lot of bending over backwards, ignoring facts, and changing story lines to pull it off.

Obama got 8 years and no crimes.
How's Trump's presidency just past year 2...looking good, all lights green? Come on, you can tell me, I won't laugh.

Obama was held to a lower standard because he's half black. Liberals won't hold black folks to the same standard as white folks because they believe black folks can't meet the higher standard.

Putin getting involved with Cohen was indeed an interesting development.

But that's how Putin & Russia operate; they sow chaos. And Trump's the perfect target and tool. We can see how well it worked, up to now. Excellently, sadly. :(

The US is the target, always has been. The left is the tool, always has been.

American Conservatives have become what we once fought against. This includes the Republican Party of course.

Mattis said the U.S. military’s role would be two-fold; to help defend against further meddling and to ensure troops are not ensnared by foreign information campaigns. “U.S. troops, like all Americans, we have to be alert to the people who try to manipulate an election in the information age when there’s so many feeds coming into everybody and everybody has access,” Mattis said.

Mattis would not elaborate on what steps the military may have [with] the authority to deploy if meddling is detected, including potential cyber defenses, but emphasized that “U.S. troops are part of protecting the Constitution, protecting the integrity of the elections and protecting what we stand for.” “We are focused on protecting the elections themselves,” Mattis said. "So we’re looking at both this influence peddling and the corrupting, the violating the integrity of the elections."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...n-meddling-outlines-protections-for-midterms/

The US is the target, always has been. The left is the tool, always has been.

Anyone who believes Putin wanted Hillary to win forfeits his seat at the table. He can still sit at the children's table though. Cause you've missed the posture of each political party toward Putin and Russia. Democrats oppose Putin the KGB man while Republicans spent the Obama years praising Putin. It's only in the past few years Republicans have gone silent in their worship of Putin the strongman leader. American Conservatives were calm indeed during October 2016 and going into voting day. Confident, one could say. It's as if American Conservatives had reason to believe Trump was well positioned going into the voting at that point. The armed forces oath is to the Constitution not to any one official or to any person in the government and as Mattis notes the military "protects what we stand for." That would be against all enemies foreign and domestic.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/419282-mattis-russia-interfered-in-2018-midterms

Defense Secretary James Mattis said Saturday that Russian operatives attempted to interfere in the 2018 midterm elections, apparently confirming for the first time that Moscow attempted to meddle in last month's elections.

Mattis spoke of the relationship between the Trump administration and Russian President Vladimir Putin during an interview Saturday at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California.
=========================================
Well, so much for the chummy relationship between Trump & Putin. Putin's release of Cohen emails regarding Trump Tower Moscow is another sign that Vlad sees Trump as a liability.

Why do we need this to be confirmed to us every other week? Trump is the only one denying it (except for when he temporarily remembers that he can use Russia's interference as a baseball bat to beat Obama over the head with).

I didn't read the whole thread, but after looking at post 33 I can see it went downhill fast.

American Conservatives have become what we once fought against. This includes the Republican Party of course.

Mattis said the U.S. military’s role would be two-fold; to help defend against further meddling and to ensure troops are not ensnared by foreign information campaigns. “U.S. troops, like all Americans, we have to be alert to the people who try to manipulate an election in the information age when there’s so many feeds coming into everybody and everybody has access,” Mattis said.

Mattis would not elaborate on what steps the military may have [with] the authority to deploy if meddling is detected, including potential cyber defenses, but emphasized that “U.S. troops are part of protecting the Constitution, protecting the integrity of the elections and protecting what we stand for.” “We are focused on protecting the elections themselves,” Mattis said. "So we’re looking at both this influence peddling and the corrupting, the violating the integrity of the elections."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...n-meddling-outlines-protections-for-midterms/

Anyone who believes Putin wanted Hillary to win forfeits his seat at the table. He can still sit at the children's table though. Cause you've missed the posture of each political party toward Putin and Russia. Democrats oppose Putin the KGB man while Republicans spent the Obama years praising Putin. It's only in the past few years Republicans have gone silent in their worship of Putin the strongman leader. American Conservatives were calm indeed during October 2016 and going into voting day. Confident, one could say. It's as if American Conservatives had reason to believe Trump was well positioned going into the voting at that point. The armed forces oath is to the Constitution not to any one official or to any person in the government and as Mattis notes the military "protects what we stand for." That would be against all enemies foreign and domestic.

*Anyone who believes Putin wanted Hillary*

I never said anything even remotely akin to that.

Nice rant though.

Mattis: Russia tried to interfere in 2018 midterms

big surprise there.

The Democrat party has been taken over by Commmunists. That's exactly what we've been fighting against and in all fairness, there are too many Republicans that have been complicite in the Communists spreading their agenda.

Obama was held to a lower standard because he's half black. Liberals won't hold black folks to the same standard as white folks because they believe black folks can't meet the higher standard.

Wow, just ****ing WOW!!!

Since I have been on here I have seen you make some of the most asinine, ignorant statements I have ever heard.

However this one approaches a whole new dimension of stupidity...

HAhahahhaha. Oh my!

Trump is a criminal because he's white...that's priceless, this is some sort of level-breaker combo.

- entirely conjecture (a given for apdst responses)
- racist
- white's are persecuted
- Trump is only going to be implicated in crimes because he's the real victim here!

You've somehow managed to tie all the conservative fantasies all into one. Bravo. adpst, these other Trump supporters who routinely lie, troll, and what not, they have nothing on your craft. Don't ever let them tell you differently, you're a winner in my eyes.

Last edited:
The Democrat party has been taken over by Commmunists. That's exactly what we've been fighting against and in all fairness, there are too many Republicans that have been complicite in the Communists spreading their agenda.

Jesus, do just stay awake nights thinking of the stupidest thing you can say???

*Anyone who believes Putin wanted Hillary*

I never said anything even remotely akin to that.

Nice rant though.

Not so fast.

Here condensed is my point of my post:

You've missed the posture of each political party toward Putin and Russia. Democrats oppose Putin the KGB man while Republicans spent the Obama years praising Putin. It's only in the past few years Republicans have gone silent in their worship of Putin the strongman leader. American Conservatives were calm indeed during October 2016 and going into voting day. Confident, one could say. It's as if American Conservatives had reason to believe Trump was well positioned going into the voting at that point.

You too miss my point. Which is that American Conservatives have become what we once fought against. American Conservatives who include so many Republicans want USA to be more like Putin's Russia than the other way around. That's the reality of it. The Right has its guy in Trump who took his oath of office then wiped his ass with it.

Not so fast.

You've missed the posture of each political party toward Putin and Russia. Democrats oppose Putin the KGB man while Republicans spent the Obama years praising Putin. It's only in the past few years Republicans have gone silent in their worship of Putin the strongman leader. American Conservatives were calm indeed during October 2016 and going into voting day. Confident, one could say. It's as if American Conservatives had reason to believe Trump was well positioned going into the voting at that point.

You too miss my point. Which is that American Conservatives have become what we once fought against. American Conservatives who include so many Republicans want USA to be more like Putin's Russia than the other way around. That's the reality of it. The Right has its guy in Trump who took his oath of office then wiped his ass with it.

Yeah, but that never happened.

HAhahahhaha. Oh my!

Trump is a criminal because he's white...that's priceless, this is some sort of level-breaker combo.

- entirely conjecture (a given for apdst responses)
- racist
- white's are persecuted
- Trump is only going to be implicated in crimes because he's the real victim here!

You've somehow managed to tie all the conservative fantasies all into one. Bravo. adpst, these other Trump supporters who routinely lie, troll, and what not, they have nothing on your craft. Don't ever let them tell you differently, you're a winner in my eyes.

You held Obama to a lower standard because he's half black. But, he was "clean and articulate". Right? :lamo

Not so fast.

*Democrats oppose Putin the KGB man while Republicans spent the Obama years praising Putin.*

Nobody's missed your point, you seem to make them up as you go. Romney was absolutely eviscerated by the left when he called Russia America’s No. 1 "geopolitical foe."

Yeah, but that never happened.

You quoted me: "Democrats oppose Putin the KGB man while Republicans spent the Obama years praising Putin."

Putin returned to the presidency of Russia in 2012 with a new agenda of Russian nationalism. The knowledge was everywhere that Putin had a Russia First program and that Putin was going to restore Russia's imagined glory. The KGB officer of the busted USSR was going to read the Russia First Riot Act to the former satellite states who'd joined EU and Nato and to the US. Putin out of office four years had had his bosom buddy Pres. Dmitry Medvedev expand the four year term by two years so Putin himself could be methodical and paced. The relatively good days of Medvedev since 2008 were over and for good. During Medvedev's four years Democrats in the US had hoped to capitalize on his year by year relative normalcy to help make Russia the international basket case a normal country. However, when Putin returned to the presidency reset meant one thing to the US but it was an entirely different beast to Putin.

*Democrats oppose Putin the KGB man while Republicans spent the Obama years praising Putin.*

Nobody's missed your point, you seem to make them up as you go. Romney was absolutely eviscerated by the left when he called Russia America’s No. 1 "geopolitical foe."

Romney in 2012 was out of the general flow of US-Russia relations of the prior four years, so it took many people as unusual, not only Democrats. Medvedev's Russia was no angel during his four years as president but compared to Russia after Putin's return Medvedev's Russia was milquetoast. Indeed from the turn of the century the US had the national defense posture of "strategic ambiguity" meaning it did not have an enemies list of major foreign states and powers. Once Putin returned with a vengeance however that changed. In 2015 the US ended its period of strategic ambiguity in national defense and global security to put Russia behind Door Number 1, CCP Beijing behind Door Number 2, Iran behind Door Number 3; NK centerstage under a spotlight.

From 2012 the Republican Party praised Putin as a strong leader, a decisive statesman, a master strategist and chess master, a genius on the global stage, loved by his people etc etc etc. Right Wing and Libertarian Right posters here said these very things and repeatedly. We over here talked instead of Polonium Putin and that Putin never played chess against anyone he couldn't put in jail. Or have shot outside the Kremlin. Or murdered in prison. And so on up to the present moment and Putin's most prized gift of all -- Donald Trump in the White House.

Last edited:
You quoted me: "Democrats oppose Putin the KGB man while Republicans spent the Obama years praising Putin."

Putin returned to the presidency of Russia in 2012 with a new agenda of Russian nationalism. The knowledge was everywhere that Putin had a Russia First program and that Putin was going to restore Russia's imagined glory. The KGB officer of the busted USSR was going to read the Russia First Riot Act to the former satellite states who'd joined EU and Nato and to the US. Putin out of office four years had had his bosom buddy Pres. Dmitry Medvedev expand the four year term by two years so Putin himself could be methodical and paced. The relatively good days of Medvedev since 2008 were over and for good. During Medvedev's four years Democrats in the US had hoped to capitalize on his year by year relative normalcy to help make Russia the international basket case a normal country. However, when Putin returned to the presidency reset meant one thing to the US but it was an entirely different beast to Putin.

Romney in 2012 was out of the general flow of US-Russia relations of the prior four years, so it took many people as unusual, not only Democrats. Medvedev's Russia was no angel during his four years as president but compared to Russia after Putin's return Medvedev's Russia was milquetoast. Indeed from the turn of the century the US had the national defense posture of "strategic ambiguity" meaning it did not have an enemies list of major foreign states and powers. Once Putin returned with a vengeance however that changed. In 2015 the US ended its period of strategic ambiguity in national defense and global security to put Russia behind Door Number 1, CCP Beijing behind Door Number 2, Iran behind Door Number 3; NK centerstage under a spotlight.

From 2012 the Republican Party praised Putin as a strong leader, a decisive statesman, a master strategist and chess master, a genius on the global stage, loved by his people etc etc etc. Right Wing and Libertarian Right posters here said these very things and repeatedly. We over here talked instead of Polonium Putin and that Putin never played chess against anyone he couldn't put in jail. Or have shot outside the Kremlin. Or murdered in prison. And so on up to the present moment.

*From 2012 the Republican Party praised Putin as a strong leader, a decisive statesman, a master strategist and chess master, a genius on the global stage, loved by his people etc etc etc.*

Substantiation ?? I'll wait

Back
Top Bottom