• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Matthews: Dems Must Support War to 'Save President's Hide'

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Larry O'Connor
4 Sep 2013

Chris Matthews appeared on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Wednesday morning to analyze the political ramifications of the congressional debate to support President Obama's call for a military strike against Syria. Matthews said the President had put the Democrats in congress in a "wicked position" forcing them to support the president even if they may genuinely oppose the military action.

“I think the Democrats are going to be forced to sacrifice men and women who really, really don’t want to vote for this. They’re going to have to vote for it to save the president’s hide. That’s a bad position to put your party in.”

[video]http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=91074&sitesection=breitbartprivate&VID=25127903[/video]

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Is Matthews rearranging the deck chairs, or prepared to abandon the sinking ship he's tried to keep afloat? I guess that thrill up his leg has turned to numbness.

He's just pissed that he's not being given the evidence that congress received. And he's a misogynist douche.

Yep. Its a tough call for those demorat congress critters these days; should they represent the wishes of their constituents to avoid killing for peace (and probably aiding anonymous terrorists) in Syria or blindly support Obama?

The biggest favor the Democrats can do for the Fearless Leader is decline to support this stupid, wasteful, unjustified attack and give him an exit strategy "golly, I wanted to do the right thing but....". The only bigger favor will be the briefcases of campaign cash delivered by MIC owners who are waiting for delivery of their Gulfstreams.

By Larry O'Connor
4 Sep 2013

Chris Matthews appeared on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Wednesday morning to analyze the political ramifications of the congressional debate to support President Obama's call for a military strike against Syria. Matthews said the President had put the Democrats in congress in a "wicked position" forcing them to support the president even if they may genuinely oppose the military action.

“I think the Democrats are going to be forced to sacrifice men and women who really, really don’t want to vote for this. They’re going to have to vote for it to save the president’s hide. That’s a bad position to put your party in.”

[video]http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=91074&sitesection=breitbartprivate&VID=25127903[/video]

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Is Matthews rearranging the deck chairs, or prepared to abandon the sinking ship he's tried to keep afloat? I guess that thrill up his leg has turned to numbness.

It's so terrible that he's stating a fact that there's politics involved in a Congressional vote.

"We must fight this war so we can see why we should"

And BTW: the POTUS said his credibility is NOT on the line. Just everyone elses.

Known military hawks like Barbara Boxer,Dick Durbin and Bob Menendez voted yea.
I am sure we will see other hawks like Bernie Sanders and Pocahontas Warren follow suit.

Back
Top Bottom