• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene slammed for declaring 'we're proud of the work we did on Jan. 6'

You didn't ask me anything therefore I'm not "dogeing" anything. I just noticed your bullshit tactic you are using here and called it out.

I was pretty specific. I asked if you felt the folks who expressed opinions with which you disagree should be jailed for expressing those opinions.

Nope. You were sealioning @ouch. You didn't ask me anything. I merely commented on what was an obvious BS tactic you were pulling. You're going to have to try some other tactic to save face.

Are you asserting they should be tried or jailed for expressing their opinions?
My assertions have been my opinions, in which I do think that they should be investigated and based on findings from such an investigation, that that should then earn them a trip before a judge.

Think about this if your mind is open enough to absorb what I'm about to share with you. If I had been publicly supporting the 1/6 assault, and, or assaulters on our nation's Capitol and continued to make supportive comments about the good work done on 1/6/22 in connection with the 1/6 assault, I'd expect to be investigated and if findings were found that further connected me to the 1/6 assault in any way or fashion, I'd expect to be brought before a judge. My 1st Amendment Right wouldn't prevent me from punishment if so deserved. I'm smart enough to understand that.

Slammed, burned, torched....all meaningless terms.
To date, neither have been arrested on sedition charges, the minimum one would expect when a lawmaker expresses love and support for an insurrection.

An underage sex offender and a batshit loon.

They're in their own basket.

did I ask if they should have been restrained from making comments?
Any restraining with making the public comments much like what those two make should come from Kevin McCarthy. Regardless, some comments do have consequences. When they do, authorities usually address such a matter that's within their power to do so. Another words, within the law. From there, usually lawyers step in. Of course, if said case moves forward, the defendant(s) then have their day in court.

Now, on to your whatever it is that you are attempting here. With your yo-yo comments, it's obvious what you're doing. Twisting words and sentences to create confusion. Congrats, you succeeded. It still doesn't change the outcome about what the topic is about, as proven by several who has posted to you, because what almost started out as a genuine concern on your behalf with your questions unfortunately went downhill very fast. The majority caught on quickly. If ever you tire of this, you have a great future in game shows. ;)

An underage sex offender and a batshit loon.

They're in their own basket.
"Why am I in this hand-basket? And why is it so hot in here?"

My assertions have been my opinions, in which I do think that they should be investigated and based on findings from such an investigation, that that should then earn them a trip before a judge.

Think about this if your mind is open enough to absorb what I'm about to share with you. If I had been publicly supporting the 1/6 assault, and, or assaulters on our nation's Capitol and continued to make supportive comments about the good work done on 1/6/22 in connection with the 1/6 assault, I'd expect to be investigated and if findings were found that further connected me to the 1/6 assault in any way or fashion, I'd expect to be brought before a judge. My 1st Amendment Right wouldn't prevent me from punishment if so deserved. I'm smart enough to understand that.

Your post reads as if you are firmly against the protections offered by the First Amendment.

Why would speech, free speech as guaranteed under the First Amendment, be cause for legal action to be taken against you?

I read in a wry satire that folks supporting the 1/6 mob violence at the Capitol celebrated by killing the same number of folks that the rioters killed on 1/6/21: None.

Should that wry satire be cause for the author to be imprisoned or at least harassed by the authorities?

Any restraining with making the public comments much like what those two make should come from Kevin McCarthy. Regardless, some comments do have consequences. When they do, authorities usually address such a matter that's within their power to do so. Another words, within the law. From there, usually lawyers step in. Of course, if said case moves forward, the defendant(s) then have their day in court.

Now, on to your whatever it is that you are attempting here. With your yo-yo comments, it's obvious what you're doing. Twisting words and sentences to create confusion. Congrats, you succeeded. It still doesn't change the outcome about what the topic is about, as proven by several who has posted to you, because what almost started out as a genuine concern on your behalf with your questions unfortunately went downhill very fast. The majority caught on quickly. If ever you tire of this, you have a great future in game shows. ;)

Why did you amputate a shred of my thought, post it and then respond to it as if it was the entire post?

Your post reads as if you are firmly against the protections offered by the First Amendment.

Why would speech, free speech as guaranteed under the First Amendment, be cause for legal action to be taken against you?
I support the investigation into dangerous public speeches that supports terrorist types of threats against our US Government. Sadly, and more confusingly, it appears that individuals can't be charged for domestic terrorism under current law, but possibly charged for other related Fed crimes. There are strong protections of free speech in place - much stronger than I was aware of. However, I'm going to remain under the belief that said current laws stand to be changed to accommodate this growing trend of acts of domestic terrorism seemingly on the rise. Even after making a statement that as much as I wish that Geatz and Greene should have their chance to explain themselves before a judge, I again doubt that it would ever happen. I also still believe that they should be strongly looked into and investigated for verbal support of participants surrounding the 1/6 assault.

Why did you amputate a shred of my thought, post it and then respond to it as if it was the entire post?
Why does your mind go to places that makes you feel shredded?

I support the investigation into dangerous public speeches that supports terrorist types of threats against our US Government. Sadly, and more confusingly, it appears that individuals can't be charged for domestic terrorism under current law, but possibly charged for other related Fed crimes. There are strong protections of free speech in place - much stronger than I was aware of. However, I'm going to remain under the belief that said current laws stand to be changed to accommodate this growing trend of acts of domestic terrorism seemingly on the rise. Even after making a statement that as much as I wish that Geatz and Greene should have their chance to explain themselves before a judge, I again doubt that it would ever happen. I also still believe that they should be strongly looked into and investigated for verbal support of participants surrounding the 1/6 assault.

I'm pleased that you have eschewed the use of the word: "insurrection".

There are really only three ways to express thoughts in a free state:

1. Debate
2. Voting
3. Violence

The sort of violence that caused billions of dollars of damage, several murders and all manner of vandalism across the Summer were examples of violence.

The demonstration gone bad on 1/6 was another example of violence.

On 1/6, 2022, the folks that feel that the demonstrators that day had cause for outrage celebrated by killing the same number of folks they killed on 1/6, 2021: 0.

The lying thieves perverting our voting system is the cause of the outrage that led to the violence on 1/6.

I observe reality. You, apparently, do not.
Sometimes you might. I do my best to, however, not perfectly. Try reducing that vain grip about yourself. It'll help with negotiations. ;)

The demonstration gone bad on 1/6 was another example of violence.
There's some of that but you left out the deliberate planning part of it as well.

On 1/6, 2022, the folks that feel that the demonstrators that day had cause for outrage celebrated by killing the same number of folks they killed on 1/6, 2021: 0.
As result of 1/6 assault, 5 have lost their lives. Something like over 145 officers injured. Just in a matter of hours. Destruction to government property - the Capitol Building of our nation. Threats of harm and death of government officials as part of their assault mission inside our Capitol Building of our nation. No celebration coursing through my veins. Only justice served completely will that bring.

The lying thieves perverting our voting system is the cause of the outrage that led to the violence on 1/6.
Pure nonsense but that's the mission of misdirection behind a vain personality seeping out. Maybe AG Barr might help ground that a little.

Sometimes you might. I do my best to, however, not perfectly. Try reducing that vain grip about yourself. It'll help with negotiations. ;)

I was not aware I was involved in a negotiation.

There's some of that but you left out the deliberate planning part of it as well.

As result of 1/6 assault, 5 have lost their lives. Something like over 145 officers injured. Just in a matter of hours. Destruction to government property - the Capitol Building of our nation. Threats of harm and death of government officials as part of their assault mission inside our Capitol Building of our nation. No celebration coursing through my veins. Only justice served completely will that bring.

Pure nonsense but that's the mission of misdirection behind a vain personality seeping out. Maybe AG Barr might help ground that a little.

Why did you amputate a shred of the thought and respond to it as if it was the whole thought?

I was not aware I was involved in a negotiation.
Isn't that the hopeful idea with communicating between posters on this message board?

Isn't that the hopeful idea with communicating between posters on this message board?

To me, a debate is simply a debate.

As an example, we can debate the existence of God. Whether or not God ceases to exist or pops into existence as a result of our debate is not important to the outcome of the debate.

In truth, the actual existence of God is not attached in any way to the outcome of our debate.

A negotiation, on the other hand deals with actual, real world changes in the condition(s) of things.

If we are NEGOTIATING the sale of a building that happens to be a church, then the ownership of the building, the cost, my rights in regard to that that building and yours all change in the real world pending the negotiated outcomes.

To me, a debate is simply a debate.
It is that. A place for debate. Also - a form of conversing. Also - a form of give and take with each other's point of views and facts. The act of agreeing and disagreeing in hopes that one may nudge the other, or others, over to join one's views, and, or what they believe to be. For me, that's a form of negotiating while debating if all goes well.

What does one, like yourself, expect to get from their debating experience in DP?

It is that. A place for debate. Also - a form of conversing. Also - a form of give and take with each other's point of views and facts. The act of agreeing and disagreeing in hopes that one may nudge the other, or others, over to join one's views, and, or what they believe to be. For me, that's a form of negotiating while debating if all goes well.

What does one, like yourself, expect to get from their debating experience in DP?

Expanded understandings.

That is the value of any of the various forms of the market place of ideas.

Expanded understandings.
(y)

That is the value of any of the various forms of the market place of ideas.
As both of us basically pursue the quest for better understandings/learnings, wouldn't it be nice if Gaetz and Greene felt the same? It would especially be great if they were to share with the 1/6 Committee (if asked to appear) what they learned or understood about the 1/6/21 assault on the Capitol.

This seems to be the only message about 1/6 coming from the Republican Party. Greene and Gatz seem to be their spokespersons now.
It's like we are getting the representation we deserve.......

Where do the Republicans find these nut cases, truly they are deplorable. Shame on them, and shame on those that voted for these 2 loosers.

Back
Top Bottom