• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Material girl Michelle Obama is a modern-day Marie Antoinette on a glitzy Spanish vac

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Material girl Michelle Obama is a modern-day Marie Antoinette on a glitzy Spanish vacation

Perhaps it could be that the Obamas, who seem to fancy themselves more along the lines of international celebrities than actual leaders, espouse a different view of sacrifice. When Michelle Obama accompanied her husband to Copenhagen along with best buddy Oprah Winfrey, she billed the trip - an ultimately unsuccessful bid to bring the Olympics to Chicago - as follows: "As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the President to come for these few days, so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."

A quick jaunt to Denmark is a sacrifice? What portraits in courage!

Read more: Material girl Michelle Obama is a modern-day Marie Antoinette on a glitzy Spanish vacation

Do you get this impression of the first family? Your thoughts.

Re: Material girl Michelle Obama is a modern-day Marie Antoinette on a glitzy Spanish

is she going to tell Americans to eat cake?

Re: Material girl Michelle Obama is a modern-day Marie Antoinette on a glitzy Spanish

Do you get this impression of the first family? Your thoughts.

More like a bad Miss America. "And most of all I'd like to thank myself, because I couldn't have done it without me." :roll:

What are you talking about, no one has to tell us to eat cake! :lol:

I doubt it. From what I hear, she's on a crusade against Sara Lee.;)

It never ceases to amaze me when people get worked up about petty things like how a person dresses.

Personally, I think she looks awful in it, but its not a controversy.

Last edited:

It never ceases to amaze me when people get worked up about petty things like how a person dresses.

Personally, I think she looks awful in it, but its not a controversy.

Someone didn't read the whole article..... Someone instead likes to make strawmen. :ssst:

Someone didn't read the whole article..... Someone instead likes to make strawmen. :ssst:

Ahh, I thought you were going the liberals are elistist angle.

If I was wrong, than my bad.

Ahh, I thought you were going the liberals are elistist angle.

If I was wrong, than my bad.

I just find these things humorous.... Though I think it does send the wrong message when the president says we can't keep living like we do, and we need to make cuts in our lifestyle, meanwhile his wife is traveling around with 40 of her closest friends much of it on our dime....

Dem repub? not even remotley the issue here.

I just find these things humorous.... Though I think it does send the wrong message when the president says we can't keep living like we do, and we need to make cuts in our lifestyle, meanwhile his wife is traveling around with 40 of her closest friends much of it on our dime....

Dem repub? not even remotley the issue here.

Ok that makes more sense.

I didn't read the whole article but just the part you quoted makes me laugh.

They're bashing her for calling her trip a sacrifice when she clearly didn't, at least not int eh quote used. She said other people called it a sacrifice but then reminded everybody that the real work had been done by the people in the room that had been working on this for a long time.

They're bashing the first lady for essentially saying "Don't give me any credit, the people here that have been working on this for a long time deserve the credit."

Back
Top Bottom