• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Massive increase in Black Americans murdered was result of defund police movement: experts

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Did they also mention how thanks to an evil thug with a badge, that all largely overlapped with COVID?

Did they then mention that homicide rates skyrocketed from the usual ~14,000 a year to somewhere north of 20,000, meaning more of all sorts of people were killed?

Did they offer a theory for how someone could possibly conclude that if a handful of politicians are repeating a slogan about defunding the police in some other area, that means they can get away with murdering someone when they otherwise wouldn't have?

:unsure:

I have to ask because Fox articles usually have this loudly blaring headline followed by virtually non-existent support. "Liberals think this horrible thing! LOOK! PANIC!" And then its like two tweets from random assholes. Whoopdee.

So which is it this time?

Murders across the board spiked by nearly 30% in 2020 compared to the year prior, according to FBI data, marking the largest single-year increase in killings since the agency began tracking the crimes. Among Black Americans, the number of deaths spiked by more than 32% compared to 2019.

30% vs. 32%. That's what Fox has @American hyperventilating about. Completely meaningless.

But there is always a greater dishonesty and ugliness. Fox doesn't care about reducing murders of black people. The only time any of these people trot out murders of black people is if they want to indirectly justify over-policing black areas, brutalizing black citizens being stopped, and defending racism.

It's always in the form of oh yeah, well look at those people killing each other! And I'd go farther to bet that they actually want it to continue specifically so that it can be abused in such fashion.

Last edited:

The obvious answer is that the experts are racists. :unsure:

Good to know the FBI is back to being a trusted "expert" source instead of working for the deep state.

The majority was due to gun violence, what do you propose should be done about gun violence?

Good to know the FBI is back to being a trusted "expert" source instead of working for the deep state.

The majority was due to gun violence, what do you propose should be done about gun violence?
Hold the violators accountable.

Nothing can be done about the gun violence in this country.

I live in Los Angeles.

Every day (every day!), there is a fatal shooting because someone pulled out a gun and shot someone and just walked away as if violence is as natural as drinking a glass of water.

And to many people in this unique nation, killing people IS no big deal. It's how disagreements or (perceived) insults are settled.

Many years ago, I read an article in the New York Times (before it went woke) in which the reporter interviewed a murderer. He was quoted as saying something like: "I don't understand it. So I shot someone. Does that make me a bad person?"

A country (like a family or a company) is only as good as the quality of its people.

So it is no wonder that this country is in BIG trouble.

The obvious answer is that the experts are racists. :unsure:
The budget for the NYPD alone is nearly double Ukraine's military budget. Collectively the US spends double Russia's military budget on policing. I think we can afford to not spend money arming police with military gear.

He's going to send his thoughts and prayers so hard.

Nothing can be done about the gun violence in this country.

I live in Los Angeles.

Every day (every day!), there is a fatal shooting because someone pulled out a gun and shot someone and just walked away as if violence is as natural as drinking a glass of water.

And to many people in this unique nation, killing people IS no big deal. It's how disagreements or (perceived) insults are settled.

Many years ago, I read an article in the New York Times (before it went woke) in which the reporter interviewed a murderer. He was quoted as saying something like: "I don't understand it. So I shot someone. Does that make me a bad person?"

A country (like a family or a company) is only as good as the quality of its people.

So it is no wonder that this country is in BIG trouble.

I watch the ID channel pretty frequently and yet it never fails to surprise me how many people of all different backgrounds are so easily capable of committing devious murders.

I can't say this is unique to our country but it does make me agree with you about our country being in BIG trouble.

Shit, we incarcerate anything that moves. You'd think that would have solved all our crime problems by now. Guess we haven't locked up enough people yet.

Shit, we incarcerate anything that moves. You'd think that would have solved all our crime problems by now. Guess we haven't locked up enough people yet.

We should invent something like a special police unit that is able to arrest murderers before the commit their crimes, we can call it "precrime". They would apprehend criminals based on foreknowledge provided by three psychics called precogs.

We also know in order for the system to work we need to take down Tom Cruise before he ruins it.

Restore the middle class which is disappearing because democrats aren’t coming through on universal healthcare, tax reform, housing and education while Republicans have no intention of addressing those issues. Stop all mandatory minimums, turning small time drug dealers into lifetime inmates and stop arguing about a transgender swimmer and a book called racist baby.

Good start?

Restore the middle class which is disappearing because democrats aren’t coming through on universal healthcare, tax reform, housing and education while Republicans have no intention of addressing those issues. Stop all mandatory minimums, turning small time drug dealers into lifetime inmates and stop arguing about a transgender swimmer and a book called racist baby.

Good start?

Good start, now run for office so we can elect you to do all that!

Says fake Fox news. Fiction

When following the only link to the 'expert' in this Fox News article, I was taken to another...wait for it...Fox News article.

Yup, that's what those bullshit sites do, cite their own work. And lazy moron right wingers don't actually check sources. They don't really read past titles.

And of course, pandemic has lead to an increase of crime. People desperate, angry, jobless, struggling, crime results. Issues of being locked inside, other pandemic frustrations. But yeah, its defund the police that never even happened that is the cause. Typical lying right wingers, lie lie lie

Last edited:
We also know in order for the system to work we need to take down Tom Cruise before he ruins
Good start, now run for office so we can elect you to do all that!
1. That is not the point of minority report!!! Jk.
2. I voted for me over biden and trump for real
3. My plan is to convince a billionaire to bribe all Democrats to resign, have somebody with the last name Trump, pence, Reagan, bush, or Rubio run in every district as a Republican - but really is just going to protect the constitution and obstruct desantis, Abbott. Etc. - and have every democrat register as a Republican during the primary. Discuss.

Did they also mention how thanks to an evil thug with a badge, that all largely overlapped with COVID?

Did they then mention that homicide rates skyrocketed from the usual ~14,000 a year to somewhere north of 20,000, meaning more of all sorts of people were killed?

Did they offer a theory for how someone could possibly conclude that if a handful of politicians are repeating a slogan about defunding the police in some other area, that means they can get away with murdering someone when they otherwise wouldn't have?

:unsure:

I have to ask because Fox articles usually have this loudly blaring headline followed by virtually non-existent support. "Liberals think this horrible thing! LOOK! PANIC!" And then its like two tweets from random assholes. Whoopdee.

So which is it this time?
The Op has a pattern. He just likes to see people respond to his weak threads.

The first expert is a member of this 'think we can fool people tank':

The Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (renamed in 1981 from the International Center for Economic Policy Studies) is a conservative 501(c)(3) non-profit American think tank focused on domestic policy and urban affairs, established in Manhattan in 1977 by Antony Fisher and William J. Casey.[1][4][5] The organization states its mission is to "develop and disseminate new ideas that foster greater economic choice and individual responsibility". Its message is communicated through books, articles, interviews, speeches, op-eds, and through the institute's quarterly publication City Journal. In general, the Manhattan Institute promotes free-market economics.

Good start?
Nope. We already incarcerate more than any other country in the world. Putting people in prison just doesn't address the actual issue.

I suspect it was more due to the fact that the prog leftists stirred up anger and hatred in urban black America and those already prone to violence acted...well...more violently.

Back
Top Bottom