• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Massive increase in Black Americans murdered was result of defund police movement: experts

It is more than a little crazy that up until the early 1990s, American students were able to pay for state universities working part-time. And not just mid-tier schools like CSU Long Beach, but top-tier campuses like U.C.L.A. and U.C. Berkeley.

And up until the 2005 Bankruptcy Code, if you were unable to pay your student loans, you could file for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, pay all your disposable monthly income to all of your creditors including your student lenders, and the remaining balance would be discharged at the end of the five year period. After BAPCPA was passed (backed by Joe Biden, it must be added), that ability for student borrowers to eliminate their student debt ceased.

If Joe Biden deserves to be cursed by student borrowers, it should be for that. He was and is no friend to college students who had to borrow money to try to receive an education in order to make it into the middle class. But then, hardly anyone truly is. Biden simply represents the corporate donor-captured wing of the Democratic Party, while the Republican Party seems to have become the outright corporate donor-captured party.
UCB was one of the four colleges my brother went to. So I relate. Although if the best case scenario is declaring bankruptcy that's screwed up. Competition is so low, people need to go to local schools for the most part because they can't afford to move across the country. I think something like 7% of doctors needed student loans. That's crazy, "the American dream" is real! You know, for the 1% of people who have everything go right for them. The movies 99 homes is a great example of how rigged the system is. Sure it's a movie but it's so accurate. "America backs winners." And it's your fault if you go bankrupt, even though Trump - the winner of all winners according to his faithful - declared bankruptcy how many times? 4 or 6?

Murders across the board spiked by nearly 30% in 2020 compared to the year prior, according to FBI data, marking the largest single-year increase in killings since the agency began tracking the crimes. Among Black Americans, the number of deaths spiked by more than 32% compared to 2019.

30% vs. 32%. That's what Fox has @American hyperventilating about. Completely meaningless.

But there is always a greater dishonesty and ugliness. Fox doesn't care about reducing murders of black people. The only time any of these people trot out murders of black people is if they want to indirectly justify over-policing black areas, brutalizing black citizens being stopped, and defending racism.

It's always in the form of oh yeah, well look at those people killing each other! And I'd go farther to bet that they actually want it to continue specifically so that it can be abused in such fashion.
I think you're missing something here... This chart shows just how large an increase it was:

blackMurderRate2020.jpg

I just addressed your comment, and then you found an excuse to disregard the fact that conservative cities are having their homicide rates explode. I think i've pointed this out the 5 posters talking about "democrat controlled cities" and universally I am ignored or people run away. Republican controlled cities have incredibly bad problems with healthcare, poverty, drug addiction, violence, and they lead the nation in teen pregnancy. Sorry if that's not what the OP was talking about but if you're going to make an untrue claim I will respond.
The 'conservative' city you cited had a democrat mayor and has had for most of its modern existence.

You keep talking about things like universal healthcare...that's not the problem in the devastated communities. Thats a leftist siren song...communism now! Free health care for all...and BTW...its all FREEEEEE!!!! Those communities need a DEEP revival. They need purging of the violent criminals...and you want to ignore them and talk about the poor non violent drug dealers. They need decrepit housing razed and cleared out...new housing initiatives, job training and employment for those living int he communities, they need real and effective jobs...the manufacturing jobs leftists cheered being sent overseas. Before you fix an education system, there has to actually be a REASON for people to be motivated to stay in school...there has to be real hope for good paying jobs. And then you need to fix the education system which means STOP promoting the racist CRT and woke bullshit and start teaching kids to read, to write, to do basic business math, to arm kids with the education and skills they need to actually be successful. They need community leaders that stop making excuses for the gangs, and the drug dealers, and the violent offenders. They need to stop blaming ghosts and start demanding accountability.

And we both now thats never going to happen. Theres too much political capital in poverty.

The 'conservative' city you cited had a democrat mayor and has had for most of its modern existence.

You keep talking about things like universal healthcare...that's not the problem in the devastated communities. Thats a leftist siren song...communism now! Free health care for all...and BTW...its all FREEEEEE!!!! Those communities need a DEEP revival. They need purging of the violent criminals...and you want to ignore them and talk about the poor non violent drug dealers. They need decrepit housing razed and cleared out...new housing initiatives, job training and employment for those living int he communities, they need real and effective jobs...the manufacturing jobs leftists cheered being sent overseas. Before you fix an education system, there has to actually be a REASON for people to be motivated to stay in school...there has to be real hope for good paying jobs. And then you need to fix the education system which means STOP promoting the racist CRT and woke bullshit and start teaching kids to read, to write, to do basic business math, to arm kids with the education and skills they need to actually be successful. They need community leaders that stop making excuses for the gangs, and the drug dealers, and the violent offenders. They need to stop blaming ghosts and start demanding accountability.

And we both now thats never going to happen. Theres too much political capital in poverty.

We both support populist politics, but I'm not buying the partisan crap. You have words words words words words and I respond "fact, your words are not true" so every word you spew is crap.

No Kansas City? Great, I used Scottsdale, now I googled "most conservative state" and I saw Mississippi immediate, so I googled "homicide rate mississippi" and the first result said:

Rank​
Geo​
Murders per 100,000 people, 2020​
Total murders, 2020​
Violent crimes per 100,000 people, 2020​
1​
Louisiana​
15.8​
734​
639​
2​
Missouri​
11.8​
723​
543​
3​
Arkansas​
10.6​
321​
672​
Mississippi
10.6​
315​
291​

So everything you're saying is obviously garbage. Criminals are driving the homicide rate through the roof because of democrat cities.... and republican states are the most violent? And the Republican party is made up of voters who favor universal healthcare, higher taxes on corporations and billionaires, education reform, higher education, student loan forgiveness and housing policy reform ALL OF WHICH nobody needs more than Mississippi and red states.

That clear? I guess Republicans are also communists. Commies all around! It's good policy and you're talking about CRT? You're talking about CRT?! Not a game, not a game, you talking about CRT. Your proposal is to stop blaming people, that is correct, we need to blame Biden for not coming through with student loan forgiveness, the democrats for not getting the bulk of "build back better" through and the Republicans for doing the OPPOSITE of what people want on every policy according to every poll. Good then.

Last edited:
We both support populist politics, but I'm not buying the partisan crap. You have words words words words words and I respond "fact, your words are not true" so every word you spew is crap.

No Kansas City? Great, I used Scottsdale, now I googled "most conservative state" and I saw Mississippi immediate, so I googled "homicide rate mississippi" and the first result said:

Rank​
Geo​
Murders per 100,000 people, 2020​
Total murders, 2020​
Violent crimes per 100,000 people, 2020​
1​
Louisiana​
15.8​
734​
639​
2​
Missouri​
11.8​
723​
543​
3​
Arkansas​
10.6​
321​
672​
Mississippi
10.6​
315​
291​

So everything you're saying is obviously garbage. Criminals are driving the homicide rate through the roof because of democrat cities.... and republican states are the most violent? And the Republican party is made up of voters who favor universal healthcare, higher taxes on corporations and billionaires, education reform, higher education, student loan forgiveness and housing policy reform ALL OF WHICH nobody needs more than Mississippi and red states.

That clear? I guess Republicans are also communists. Commies all around! It's good policy and you're talking about CRT? You're talking about CRT?! Not a game, not a game, you talking about CRT. Your proposal is to stop blaming people, that is correct, we need to blame Biden for not coming through with student loan forgiveness, the democrats for not getting the bulk of "build back better" through and the Republicans for doing the OPPOSITE of what people want on every policy according to every poll. Good then.
Such a tiresome tactic. You want to switch to red STATES...but where is the murder in Mississippi?

Meridian Miss. You know who their FIRST on ONLY Republican mayor since the 20th century was? Jimmy Kemp-1985-1993.

Its the same story in Louisiana...even when they have a 'red' governor, the murder rates are in BLUE cities...Baton rouge...New Orleans, etc.

And you notice what you NEVER do? Deal with the MULTITUDES of cities that you KNOW ARE run by democrats, have been run by democrats for 6-13 DECADES...and pretend its all someone elses fault.

Such a tiresome tactic. You want to switch to red STATES...but where is the murder in Mississippi?

Meridian Miss. You know who their FIRST on ONLY Republican mayor since the 20th century was? Jimmy Kemp-1985-1993.

Its the same story in Louisiana...even when they have a 'red' governor, the murder rates are in BLUE cities...Baton rouge...New Orleans, etc.

And you notice what you NEVER do? Deal with the MULTITUDES of cities that you KNOW ARE run by democrats, have been run by democrats for 6-13 DECADES...and pretend its all someone elses fault.
No I switched to Scottsdale and you ignored it. So then I switched to Mississippi. Just name a "republican city" and let me know. Does Biloxi count? A republican run city for the last 30 years in the most conservative state int he county and far above the national average for violent crime? Just tell me what a "Republican city" means, if any democrat has resided there do you throw it out? Are all cities democrat run? Did you notice that for 100 years black people were denied housing in white neighborhoods and they had to go to inner cities? So you could call "democrat cities" "republican formed cities" I guess, right?

No I switched to Scottsdale and you ignored it. So then I switched to Mississippi. Just name a "republican city" and let me know. Does Biloxi count? A republican run city for the last 30 years in the most conservative state int he county and far above the national average for violent crime? Just tell me what a "Republican city" means, if any democrat has resided there do you throw it out? Are all cities democrat run? Did you notice that for 100 years black people were denied housing in white neighborhoods and they had to go to inner cities? So you could call "democrat cities" "republican formed cities" I guess, right?
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You took the fact that leftist run cities across the country are shitholes and scoured Google trying to find a city that actual fits your pathetic ****ing excuses for the failures in the major cities across the country...and you came up with.....Scottsdale.

Scottsdale Arizona.

Yeah man...when we examine all the nightly news and all the violent shitholes...THATS what alsways jumps out at you....

Scottsdale.

Scottsdale Arizona.

Yep...I guess in your mind that means you can continue to ignore the shitholes your party has created.

Because....well....Scottsdale........

Scottsdale Arizona.........

"There were 165 crimes committed in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2018."
"Scottsdale is a very safe place to live – especially compared to Phoenix. Scottsdale’s crime rate is half that of Phoenix, but its violent crime rate is even lower: 733 violent crimes per 100k people in Phoenix compared to 166 per 100k in Scottsdale."

But you want to have a discussion on the violent crime rate in Scottsdale Arizona......and THATS somehow going to be relatable to the defund the police movements and the violent crime increases in the country.

Holy ****.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. You took the fact that leftist run cities across the country are shitholes and scoured Google trying to find a city that actual fits your pathetic ****ing excuses for the failures in the major cities across the country...and you came up with.....Scottsdale.

Scottsdale Arizona.

Yeah man...when we examine all the nightly news and all the violent shitholes...THATS what alsways jumps out at you....

Scottsdale.

Scottsdale Arizona.

Yep...I guess in your mind that means you can continue to ignore the shitholes your party has created.

Because....well....Scottsdale........

Scottsdale Arizona.........

"There were 165 crimes committed in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2018."
"Scottsdale is a very safe place to live – especially compared to Phoenix. Scottsdale’s crime rate is half that of Phoenix, but its violent crime rate is even lower: 733 violent crimes per 100k people in Phoenix compared to 166 per 100k in Scottsdale."

But you want to have a discussion on the violent crime rate in Scottsdale Arizona......and THATS somehow going to be relatable to the defund the police movements and the violent crime increases in the country.

Holy ****.
I googled “most conservative city” and then “most conservative state” and took the first one and saw both had huge increases in crime. Seems to have nothing to do with race or politics, but you’re not responding to what I’m saying, you’re talking to yourself. I’m sure you find yourself to be wonderful company

2018 is the one year you don’t want to cite by the way. Crime shot up in 2019 almost like something huge happened in 2019. They should name a disease after that year. That would explain a lot, right? Nah, must be my party that I’ve said nothing positive about.

Oh hey look at this I just happen to Google Scottsdale and saw that the crime rate is almost 3 times higher there than the average in the entire state of Arizona! Funny that, the most conservative city in the United States and all according to Google. That’s a head scratcher

Wait I was hasty, the statistic is Scottsdale has twice the rate of violent crime as the Arizona average. Can’t get the facts wrong when you’re on top of this. Biloxi is next, right?

Last edited:
I googled “most conservative city” and then “most conservative state” and took the first one and saw both had huge increases in crime. Seems to have nothing to do with race or politics, but you’re not responding to what I’m saying, you’re talking to yourself. I’m sure you find yourself to be wonderful company

2018 is the one year you don’t want to cite by the way. Crime shot up in 2019 almost like something huge happened in 2019. They should name a disease after that year. That would explain a lot, right? Nah, must be my party that I’ve said nothing positive about.

Oh hey look at this I just happen to Google Scottsdale and saw that the crime rate is almost 3 times higher there than the average in the entire state of Arizona! Funny that, the most conservative city in the United States and all according to Google. That’s a head scratcher

Wait I was hasty, the statistic is Scottsdale has twice the rate of violent crime as the Arizona average. Can’t get the facts wrong when you’re on top of this. Biloxi is next, right?
And even after showing you how stupid that 'violent crime rate' comment was in Scottsdale...here you are...doubling down.........

And even after showing you how stupid that 'violent crime rate' comment was in Scottsdale...here you are...doubling down.........

Republican-controlled states have higher murder rates than Democratic ones: study​

So you will conceded that the crime rate in little old conservative, GOP dominated Scottsdale went way up the last 4 years and the most conservative city in the united states is twice as dangerous as the surrounding areas in the state. It kills your argument. And I just googled "most conservative city." If the most conservative city isn't the safest your argument is trash. Right?

Fox "News."
Why does the left have a melt down when they see FOX NEWS?
Regardless of White or Black murders, defunding police was a failure that resulted in more homicides, more thefts, more assaults, more crime.
A National Bureau of Economic Research study found that additional officers can translate to fewer homicides.
Is the left that stupid they fail to see the consequences of their decisions? The answer is yes.

Now these far left cities need to get rid of their DAs. Go read the LA Times to see the limited jail time felons get when gang and gun enhancements are removed from the charges.

Republican-controlled states have higher murder rates than Democratic ones: study​

In each of these states mentioned which cities have the highest murder rate? Now tell me are the cities run by democrats or republicans?
Nice try but you failed.

In each of these states mentioned which cities have the highest murder rate? Now tell me are the cities run by democrats or republicans?
Nice try but you failed.

Right. But democratic run states have even bigger cities and yet lower murder rates.

Why does the left have a melt down when they see FOX NEWS?

Why does the right hate the MSM?

Regardless of White or Black murders, defunding police was a failure that resulted in more homicides, more thefts, more assaults, more crime.
A National Bureau of Economic Research study found that additional officers can translate to fewer homicides.
Is the left that stupid they fail to see the consequences of their decisions? The answer is yes.

Now these far left cities need to get rid of their DAs. Go read the LA Times to see the limited jail time felons get when gang and gun enhancements are removed from the charges.

Nice try but you failed.

States are what matter. Red states have overall higher violent crime rates than do blue states.

States are what matter. Red states have overall higher violent crime rates than do blue states.
Nice try. If I live in NYC, what the mayor does matters, not the governor.

Nice try. If I live in NYC, what the mayor does matters, not the governor.

Nice try. If you want to compare cities, St. Louis in the red state of Missouri is much more violent than New York City in the blue state of New York.

Explain how.
Really?
Who do you think defunded the NYC police department by one billion? DeBlasio or Cuomo?
Who's decision was it to keep masks on kids under 5 in NYC? Adams or Hockul?

Nice try. If you want to compare cities, St. Louis in the red state of Missouri is much more violent than New York City in the blue state of New York.

10 most dangerous cities in the US - - all democrat run.

Baltimore and St. Louis in 2020 were even ranked in the top 20 most dangerous cities in the world. That should attract tourists.

10 most dangerous cities in the US - - all democrat run.

Baltimore and St. Louis in 2020 were even ranked in the top 20 most dangerous cities in the world. That should attract tourists.
What is the criteria? I can assure you it is bullshit.

There are twenty more dangerous cities in Africa alone... the factor in El Salvador and another twenty shitholes in Central and South America... Don't even get me started on Yemen or Syria or Afghanistan or Iraq. St Louis? LOL

Back
Top Bottom