• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Massive Earthquakes in Japan and Ecuador within 24 of each other.

RBIII

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.yahoo.com/news/earthquake-kills-41-ecuador-death-toll-expected-rise-054233146.html

PEDERNALES, Ecuador (AP) — The strongest earthquake to hit Ecuador in decades flattened buildings and buckled highways along its Pacific coast, sending the Andean nation into a state of emergency. As rescue workers rushed in, officials said Sunday at least 77 people were killed, over 588 injured and the damage stretched for hundreds of miles to the capital and other major cities.

https://weather.com/safety/earthquake/news/major-earthquake-japan-impacts

At least 11 people remain missing Sunday in southern Japan from two powerful earthquakes that killed 41 people.

A 7.0 magnitude earthquake hit southern Japan's Kyushu Island early Saturday morning local time in virtually the same location as Thursday's deadly, damaging 6.2 magnitude foreshock.

Residents are slowly trying to piece their lives back together, but officials say that as many as 1,500 have been injured and 180,000 are without shelter.

The US military said it is getting ready to provide aerial support for Japan's relief efforts. The U.S. has major Air Force, Navy and Marine bases in Japan, and stations about 50,000 troops in the country.

Not that we can do anything about earthquakes, is this a sign of the end times? :shock:

America has a pretty good deal when it comes to natural disasters. Murica fkyeah!

Well at least until the Yellowstone caldera goes...

Forgot about that...that could take hundreds of years though right? Most of us wont be alive to see it. Also isn't there a chance it will never blow?

Ah just did a lil research, could take thousands of years.

I predict humanity will erase itself before that happens.

Well at least until the Yellowstone caldera goes...

Yup, and the New Madrid fault deserves honorable mention too. It torn hell out of things when it was sparsely populated back in the 1820's(?) or so.

Imagine if it "hiccupped" today?

Forgot about that...that could take hundreds of years though right? Most of us wont be alive to see it. Also isn't there a chance it will never blow?

Ah just did a lil research, could take thousands of years.

I predict humanity will erase itself before that happens.

I'm sure you're right... but we are in 640,000 years into a 600,000-800,000 year eruption cycle. Just saying. :2razz: That being said I will not have to worry about the aftermath as I am pretty much at ground zero.

Great news for Californians to wake-up to on a Sunday morn ...

Probably just Mother Nature clearing her throat a bit, releasing some pressure.

Back
Top Bottom