• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Massive crowd greets trump in daytona...

But you're okay with Trump asking, "Why can't we use them"?

Dude.

It's said that the more one studies war, the more one hates war...but Bismarck said it best: "Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war."

Of course, the Duke of Wellington said: "Nothing except a battle lost can be half as melancholy as a battle won."

And then there was Sherman: "War is hell, and its glory is all moonshine."

Maybe you're eager to go guns a-blazing...but it would do you well to learn the horror that this particular Pandora brings to all sides once she's out of the box....

When someone is so quick to deliberately and passionately defend a statement that was never said the only answer I can give is....possibly, what's your address?

When someone is so quick to deliberately and passionately defend a statement that was never said the only answer I can give is....possibly, what's your address?

Um, Scarborough used to support Trump...which is why I give a bit more credence if the same Scarborough says that Trump says something that Trump denies...especially given the near-uncountable instances of Trump lying through his teeth so far this past year.

Another critical State: Colorado

Here is Hillary's crowd in a H.S. gymnasium.

Co92ioKUsAAC5q6.jpg

And here is what she talked about...Donald Trump's necktie.

hillary-neck-tie.jpg

I think Hillary should be very worried about a number of critical States.

So you think Trump is going to use nuclear weapons? Seriously?

If he were what's referred to as a 'rational actor' - like those who have been in charge of almost all nuclear-armed nations since nuclear power became available...no.

But Trump's not a rational actor. Neither is Kim Jung Un. Nobody knows when either one is going to wake up one day with a hardon for destroying whoever's pissed them off the most...and when it comes to America's nuclear arsenal, that's something that we dare not gamble with...or do you not remember how pissed off the Soviets got when Reagan said, "Inform Moscow we begin bombing in five minutes."

Thing is, Reagan was a rational actor. Trump is not. This is NOT something we can gamble on.

in fact the whole point of our nuclear arsenal is that we can use it, in the case of a massive Nuclear first strike attack against the United States or our allies.

that really is the whole point of MAD.

actually , we can use our nuclear weapons.

"Can" is waaaaay different from "eager to"...and Trump's a freaking wild card - he's not a rational actor.

But don't listen to me. Pay attention instead to a man named John Noonan:

Conservative national security hawk and former Jeb Bush adviser John Noonan used a Wednesday tweetstorm to sound off on his concerns about a report that Donald Trump had repeatedly asked an unnamed adviser why the United States could not use nuclear weapons.

"Buckle the hell up," Noonan tweeted. "Nuclear deterrence is about balance. Trump is an elephant jumping up and down on one side of the scale. So damn dangerous."

Before moving to the Foreign Policy Initiative and advising Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush during their campaigns, Noonan served as a Minuteman III nuclear launch officer in the U.S. Air Force.

There's more to the article, but that should suffice. Trump's worse than a loose cannon - he's simply not playing with a full deck...and we simply cannot risk having someone like that with the launch codes.

So you think Trump is going to use nuclear weapons? Seriously?

If he's got to ask three times why it might be problematic to nuke someone, it's a reasonable concern.

But then, if one is a Trump bot, it really doesn't matter how ridiculous Trump makes himself look.

actually , we can use our nuclear weapons.

Umm...the debate is not about whether Trump is physically capable of telling someone to press a button after entering launch codes.

There's a reason that the only time a nuclear weapon was used by one country on another, the country using it was the only country to possess them.

Umm...the debate is not about whether Trump is physically capable of telling someone to press a button after entering launch codes.

There's a reason that the only time a nuclear weapon was used by one country on another, the country using it was the only country to possess them.

yes your right. the debate is about whether or not I believe everything that an MSNBC host claims, and attribute that information to my worst fears about nuclear holocaust whether i know the context of the conversation or not.

or

whether I am willing to use ANY possible bit of negative info to get my choice for president elected.

which applies here?

Anyone who uses rally attendance as a barometer of electoral fortunes really doesn't know much about politics.

It appears he still does have a significant number of dedicated supporters, despite the constant attacks in the media over every little thing...or maybe because of them?
Everybody likes an under dog.

Then factor in that nobody likes being told how to vote. That goes double in a time when all authority, including Hillary's primary "victory" is being questioned. Some of the "don't vote for Trump" calls made by Republicans or conservative Democrats are pretty paternalistic and may well fall on deaf ears.

Back
Top Bottom