• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Massachusetts Bans Semi-Autos

I wish liberals would just move to Europe already. We have a ****ing amendment protecting these ****ing things, ffs.

So can liberals tell me what percentage of murders involved AR-15's in Massachusetts?

Good, that should help the pro-rights candidates in the upcoming elections. it will ultimately force the USSC to decide how far states can crap on the second amendment. Hopefully, lots of people in the state of Taxachussettes ignore the obviously unconstitutional law and refuse to obey it

Instead of changing the Constitution? Very bad policy and the citizenry should be alert. When the judiciary and executive or local governments act against the traditional interpretation of the Constitution, a country is on a very slippery slope. Why should anyone feel safe anymore, with this approach being used in so many areas?

and 49 more to go! The time for compromise with gun nuts is over!

I wish liberals would just move to Europe already. We have a ****ing amendment protecting these ****ing things, ffs.

Perhaps you should move to Somalia or maybe Syria, the only places on earth with more weapons that have nothing to do with self defense, and only with mass murder

Perhaps you should move to Somalia or maybe Syria, the only places on earth with more weapons that have nothing to do with self defense, and only with mass murder

I can't find the part in the second amendment that says our right to bear arms is dependent on the arm being a self defense weapon.

Have you ever heard of hunting? Or target shooting? Or fun, for that matter?

Thread says bans semi autos.

Link says AR 15s.

Which is it? Are all hand guns banned, or just one specific rifle?

and 49 more to go! The time for compromise with gun nuts is over!

your silly hatred is pathetic. just because some of the NRA supported candidates down bow down to the altar of gay rights does not justify mindless support for the rape of real constitutional rights

Thread says bans semi autos.

Link says AR 15s.

Which is it? Are all hand guns banned, or just one specific rifle?

if you bother to read the attachment it says firearms that have the same operating mechanism as the banned firearms. which means any semi automatic rifle

Have you ever heard of hunting? Or target shooting? Or fun, for that matter?

His argument is based on the view that the NRA supports candidates who are often not fans of gay rights. So he retaliates by calling for mindless gun bans

if you bother to read the attachment it says firearms that have the same operating mechanism as the banned firearms. which means any semi automatic rifle

So, just semi auto rifles, but not handguns?

Is this bizzaro world? Hand guns are the most commonly used in gun violence....

His argument is based on the view that the NRA supports candidates who are often not fans of gay rights. So he retaliates by calling for mindless gun bans

That doesn't make sense. Like, at all.

So, just semi auto rifles, but not handguns?

Is this bizzaro world? Hand guns are the most commonly used in gun violence....

no-what happened was the assholes in Mass Politics banned "assault weapons" which were semi auto rifles with certain features Than the POS AG decided that means any similar rifle with the same operating function. Which means semi auto with a detachable magazine. Its a disgusting law that was expanded by a dishonest POS politician. its probably going to be struck down since it has no rational reason.

They cannot ban handguns, the Supreme court's ruling in McDonald prevents that.

It would be like a law that specifically bans certain narcotics by name. then the AG says that the law includes any other drugs that say may have pain killing qualities. so aspirin would be banned. this move shows the dishonesty of gun banners BTW

That doesn't make sense. Like, at all.

Most of the anti gun posts that we see on DP is based on a political hatred for the NRA and the candidates it supports-rather than an honest belief that banning stuff will stop criminals. Those who think that such a ban will stop criminals and actually believe that are either ignorant or stupid. But when you see people gleefully hoping that the rights of honest gun owners be extinguished, its invariably those who hate the NRA and honest gun owners for the reason that they see the NRA/gun owners opposing their pet causes. one of the pet causes that causes this hatred of the NRA are gay rights. some of the most inane bashers of gun rights are gays

gee-most police departments issue those firearms for self defense. so you are lying when you claim that such semi autos have nothing to do with self defense. I guess lying about those weapons is more palatable than admitting you want to bash gun owners because you pretend most of us are hostile to the legalization of gay marriage or gay sodomy

The AR-15 is the ideal home defense weapon in my opinion. If someone is breaking into my home and I have the choice to pick from a handgun, a shotgun, and an AR I will probably pick the AR. My 5 foot 1 wife would definitely choose the AR as she can't easily handle the recoil of a shotgun.

Most of the anti gun posts that we see on DP is based on a political hatred for the NRA and the candidates it supports-rather than an honest belief that banning stuff will stop criminals. Those who think that such a ban will stop criminals and actually believe that are either ignorant or stupid. But when you see people gleefully hoping that the rights of honest gun owners be extinguished, its invariably those who hate the NRA and honest gun owners for the reason that they see the NRA/gun owners opposing their pet causes. one of the pet causes that causes this hatred of the NRA are gay rights. some of the most inane bashers of gun rights are gays

Why though?

In regards to some people who focus on gay rights hating guns?

The AR-15 is the ideal home defense weapon in my opinion. If someone is breaking into my home and I have the choice to pick from a handgun, a shotgun, and an AR I will probably pick the AR. My 5 foot 1 wife would definitely choose the AR as she can't easily handle the recoil of a shotgun.

what the scum bag AG of Mass has said is that if you are a dealer and you have an AR 15 that has deleted all those cosmetic features which cause the rifle to be an "assault weapon" its still an "assault weapon if the rifle can accept the deleted parts and has the same mechanical function of "an assault weapon"

its a massive expansion of the ban which was based on the 1994 Clinton gun law. when the clinton gun ban was passed, it required stuff that causes assholes to wet themselves such as folding stocks or flash Hiders, So lots of makers sold their rifles with fixed stocks, no flash hiders or bayonet mounts. And DIFI wet her self complaining that the makers "avoided the spirit" of the law by complying with the ban!!

the POS AG in Mass has decided to expand the ban beyond what the law says and that alone is grounds to strike it down. it also shows that the Bannerrhoid assholes really want to ban just about every firearm and will use any tool they can to do it

Back
Top Bottom