• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Massachusetts Bans Semi-Autos

The Massholes strike again!

So glad that I left that effing craphole when I did.

I only wish I could have taken the Red Sox and Patriots with me.

Why though?

In regards to some people who focus on gay rights hating guns?

That isn't the issue. the issue is that the NRA often supports pro gun candidates who also are stupid on the gay rights issue. this causes many gays to bash gun ownership out of retaliation

and 49 more to go! The time for compromise with gun nuts is over!

Redefining the Constitution and executive action to evade the requirements of legislation are becoming common methods and remove essential checks on power and breaks on the state for minority protection. That is not very smart.

Like the citizens of California, the citizens of Massachusetts get what they deserve.

Good, that should help the pro-rights candidates in the upcoming elections. it will ultimately force the USSC to decide how far states can crap on the second amendment. Hopefully, lots of people in the state of Taxachussettes ignore the obviously unconstitutional law and refuse to obey it

Considering the fact we have four anti-2ndamendment judges and four somewhat pro-2nd amendment judges the law will stand.When Clinton gets elected the republicans will confirm what ever anti-2nd amendment judges she nominates and the anti-2nd amendment law will stand.

Considering the fact we have four anti-2ndamendment judges and four somewhat pro-2nd amendment judges the law will stand.When Clinton gets elected the republicans will confirm what ever anti-2nd amendment judges she nominates and the anti-2nd amendment law will stand.
This really comes down on the supporters of the 2nd Amendment that have insisted on turning the 2A Constitutional arguments into a referendum on self defense and not national defense.

This really comes down on the supporters of the 2nd Amendment that have insisted on turning the 2A Constitutional arguments into a referendum on self defense and not national defense.

I am not sure how that is going to help against anti-2nd amendment judges who don't believe in the 2nd amendment. No argument in the world is going to change their mind.

The AR-15 is the ideal home defense weapon in my opinion. If someone is breaking into my home and I have the choice to pick from a handgun, a shotgun, and an AR I will probably pick the AR. My 5 foot 1 wife would definitely choose the AR as she can't easily handle the recoil of a shotgun.

well too bad ya'll weren't willing to compromise to ban terror suspects and avowed hezbollah members. Now we'll just have to ban everyone

I am not sure how that is going to help against anti-2nd amendment judges who don't believe in the 2nd amendment. No argument in the world is going to change their mind.
The problem remains past precedent. this should have been established a long time ago.

But this DOES illustrate the importance of the presidential choice for voters between Hillary and Trump. If you are a republican and considering voting for Hillary...this is what you get.

maybe maybe not. its hard to square heller with a ban on semi auto rifles. its also hard to justify expanding the law beyond what the legislature PUBLICLY intended

now do I believe that the leader of the BM in Mass. want to ban most if not all guns

of course I do

or those who argue on crime control rather than noting that gun control is not about criminals but about restricting freedom

well too bad ya'll weren't willing to compromise to ban terror suspects and avowed hezbollah members. Now we'll just have to ban everyone

That's cause we care about the law, the Constitution and passing laws that make sense. Your glee at rights being subverted is a sad commentary on the state of civic understanding in the 21st century.

So can liberals tell me what percentage of murders involved AR-15's in Massachusetts?

i predict a lesser number in the future

Instead of changing the Constitution? Very bad policy and the citizenry should be alert. When the judiciary and executive or local governments act against the traditional interpretation of the Constitution, a country is on a very slippery slope. Why should anyone feel safe anymore, with this approach being used in so many areas?

compliant with the Constitution
notice that you retain your right to bear arms

So can liberals tell me what percentage of murders involved AR-15's in Massachusetts?

Assault weapons bans are the coming thing: I've been tellin you guys that for a long time now. I would suggest that you look into mass killings and terrorist actions of late for an answer.

I predict that you will be wrong.

Actually the accepted definition of an assault weapon is an automatic rifle that continues to fire bullets until the trigger is released or the magazine runs out of bullets.

and 49 more to go! The time for compromise with gun nuts is over!

There is nothing to compromise. This law is unconstitutional. The Constitution is the law of the land and no state has the authority to supersede it.

Back
Top Bottom