• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mass shootings in the USA

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
It is always horrible and incredible to hear of such disasters.Why do you think these killings frequently occur ?

It is always horrible and incredible to hear of such disasters.Why do you think these killings frequently occur ?

Mental illness
Drugs
Alcoholism
Abuse
Revenge
Hate
Religious ideology

Why do you?

Mental illness
Drugs
Alcoholism
Abuse
Revenge
Hate
Religious ideology

Why do you?

I am asking it to all of you as a foreigner trying to be objective.Then I will mention mine argument

Easy access to guns by angry, marginalized, mentally unstable individuals. Also they do occur but I don't know what statistically would constitute as "frequent". I see no way of stopping such individuals short of draconian measures.

Have to be one crazy person to open fire on civilians with a premeditated murder plan.

No mental healthcare system, lots of guns, and freedom. I guess we could get a mental healthcare system if the RWers would quite whining about money, but I don't like the idea of losing guns or freedom. This isn't the last one.

Over the years we have developed a society that is VERY self involved and very isolated. The feedback people get tends to be filtered due to less interpersonal communication so their ideas are not adequately challenged. Combine that with rampant use of psychoactive drugs through prescription and recreational use and you have the foundation of a society where acting out violently becomes more commonplace.

Over the years we have developed a society that is VERY self involved and very isolated. The feedback people get tends to be filtered due to less interpersonal communication so their ideas are not adequately challenged. Combine that with rampant use of psychoactive drugs through prescription and recreational use and you have the foundation of a society where acting out violently becomes more commonplace.

Combine that with rampant use of guns :2razz:

THE LARGEST MASS SHOOTING IN US HISTORY HAPPENED December 29,1890. When 297 Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota were murdered by federal agents & members of the 7th Cavalry who had come to confiscate their firearms “for their own safety and protection”. The slaughter began after the majority of the Sioux had peacefully turned in their firearms. The Calvary began shooting, and managed to wipe out the entire camp. 200 of the 297 victims were women and children.
Wounded Knee was among the first federally backed gun confiscation attempts in United States history. It ended in the senseless murder of 297 people.
The Second Amendment, the right of the people to take up arms in defense of themselves, their families, and property in the face of invading armies or an oppressive government. The Second Amendment was written by people who fled oppressive and tyrannical regimes in Europe, and it refers to the right of American citizens to be armed for defensive purposes, should such tyranny arise in the United States.
Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we should vehemently resist any attempts to infringe on our Rights to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we will be totally stripped of any ability to defend ourselves and our families.

photo.php

Combine that with rampant use of guns :2razz:

I think you'll find that most of the individuals who perpetrate this kind of shooting are not particularly involved in the gun culture prior to the incident they enact.

THE LARGEST MASS SHOOTING IN US HISTORY HAPPENED December 29,1890. When 297 Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota were murdered by federal agents & members of the 7th Cavalry who had come to confiscate their firearms “for their own safety and protection”. The slaughter began after the majority of the Sioux had peacefully turned in their firearms. The Calvary began shooting, and managed to wipe out the entire camp. 200 of the 297 victims were women and children.
Wounded Knee was among the first federally backed gun confiscation attempts in United States history. It ended in the senseless murder of 297 people.
The Second Amendment, the right of the people to take up arms in defense of themselves, their families, and property in the face of invading armies or an oppressive government. The Second Amendment was written by people who fled oppressive and tyrannical regimes in Europe, and it refers to the right of American citizens to be armed for defensive purposes, should such tyranny arise in the United States.
Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we should vehemently resist any attempts to infringe on our Rights to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we will be totally stripped of any ability to defend ourselves and our families.

photo.php

When was it written ?

No mental healthcare system, lots of guns, and freedom. I guess we could get a mental healthcare system if the RWers would quite whining about money, but I don't like the idea of losing guns or freedom. This isn't the last one.

Your side had the White house, Senate, and Congress.

Where was the legislature then?

Why didn't they pass immigration then?

Why didn't they make a gun free utopia then?

It amazes me how people forget that 2009 history. The Democrats could have banned assault rifles indefinitely; they could have passed out amnesty and nationalized gay-marriage years earlier... but no. That would have ended so many debates they think they win.

What ever are you talking about? I have always thought we should have a civilized healthcare system and all responsible Americans should own guns. I don't really have a side.

Freedom. It's that simple. In the US, we have a Constitution that protects our inalienable rights as free men and women.

When people have the rights and freedom to make their own choices in life, some will make very bad choices that may have unthinkable consequences to others. That's what laws, police, courts, and prisons are for - to punish those that use their freedom to harm others.

Either we are a free and open society, where people are free to act as they wish until they harm others, or we are not. Even with the potential for the horror we saw yesterday, I prefer to live in an open and free society where the rewards outweigh those risks, IMHO.

Freedom. It's that simple. In the US, we have a Constitution that protects our inalienable rights as free men and women.

When people have the rights and freedom to make their own choices in life, some will make very bad choices that may have unthinkable consequences to others. That's what laws, police, courts, and prisons are for - to punish those that use their freedom to harm others.

Either we are a free and open society, where people are free to act as they wish until they harm others, or we are not. Even with the potential for the horror we saw yesterday, I prefer to live in an open and free society where the rewards outweigh those risks, IMHO.

Can I claim gun laws should be changed now ? I do not believe in limitless freedom

Crazy people should not have guns. We have plenty of laws.
Can I claim gun laws should be changed now ? I do not believe in limitless freedom

You just never mind my guns in my country..

Crazy people should not have guns. We have plenty of laws.

But they have ,mak and it is a fact.how will we prevent them from having guns?

Back
Top Bottom