• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mass shootings in the USA

Can I claim gun laws should be changed now ? I do not believe in limitless freedom

You can, but we also have the 2nd Amendment that states: "..., the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Which means no law can infringe on that right.

in·fringe

/inˈfrinj/

verb

past tense: infringed; past participle: infringed

actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.).

They don't use knives in mass shootings I think

This is true, yet the tool used is less important than the motive for the criminal act. Is one any less dead (murdered) if a bomb, poison, hammer, truck or blade is used to kill them?

You can, but we also have the 2nd Amendment that states: "..., the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Which means no law can infringe on that right.

This is not bible

I personally believe the freedoms are more important than lives. We do need a healthcare care system and only responsible adults should be armed, but they should be as armed as they want to be, even with mean looking (aka assault) rifles.
But they have ,mak and it is a fact.how will we prevent them from having guns?

I personally believe the freedoms are more important than lives. We do need a healthcare care system and only responsible adults should be armed, but they should be as armed as they want to be, even with mean looking (aka assault) rifles.

free but dead people ? İt seems interesting now

USA is a world power that visits my homeland everyday,get over it and post something

That's right.. So you listen to us, not the other way around..

Some moron from your neck of the woods sand shoots up a bunch of our people and the first thing you think is to take our defense away?

Over the years we have developed a society that is VERY self involved and very isolated. The feedback people get tends to be filtered due to less interpersonal communication so their ideas are not adequately challenged. Combine that with rampant use of psychoactive drugs through prescription and recreational use and you have the foundation of a society where acting out violently becomes more commonplace.

An overabundance of "life stress" and negative stimulation from media sources doesn't help. I think our society is pretty ill.

Not really, people have always died for freedom, but that is not the point of this. The point is as long as we are free these things will happen, but we do need to be responsible.
free but dead people ? İt seems interesting now

This is not bible

We are a secular society. The Bible has no legal power in our government or laws. The Constitution, however, is the most powerful document within our system of laws. Therefore, the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution is not Bible, as you say - it has more power than the Bible, and cannot be changed by simply acting as if it doesn't matter, as people can do with religion.

We are a nation of laws, not of men, and not of religion. We are defined by our laws and how we adhere to them.

We are a secular society. The Bible has no legal power in our government or laws. The Constitution, however, is the most powerful document within our system of laws. Therefore, the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution is not Bible, as you say - it has more power than the Bible, and cannot be changed by simply acting as if it doesn't matter, as people can do with religion.

We are a nation of laws, not of men, and not of religion. We are defined by our laws and how we adhere to them.

I wish USA never tried to change other countries'S amendments,I know you understand me

That's right.. So you listen to us, not the other way around..

Some moron from your neck of the woods sand shoots up a bunch of our people and the first thing you think is to take our defense away?

huh ? murderer is not even turk ,he is an American citizen!You began to like gays ?:shock:

An overabundance of "life stress" and negative stimulation from media sources doesn't help. I think our society is pretty ill.

We sure as hell aren't thriving.

I think the glory is apart of it. This bastard will be known to everyone, no matter if they think good or bad of him. The bigger, the better to have more than 15 minutes. He was a nobody and now he's someone.

I think the glory is apart of it. This bastard will be known to everyone, no matter if they think good or bad of him. The bigger, the better to have more than 15 minutes. He was a nobody and now he's someone.

Oh please. I've been asked "Beatles?"

We sure as hell aren't thriving.

Definitely not thriving. Values lacking, families failing, idolizing material things, terrible role models, mental illness, substance abuse, road rage, gluttony, no moral restraint, and the list goes on. Anyone who performs a mass murder - terrorist or not, is either very mentally sick or evil, regardless if they use a pipe bomb, an airplane, or a gun.

Back
Top Bottom