• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mass shooting in Oregon (estimated 10 dead)[W:25]

I suspect statistics would back up this claim. :)

so you are claiming someone executed rose from the dead and killed more people

and you are denying those serving life sentences have NEVER EVER killed anyone?

Oh, the ideas are there.

They range from Obama's "let's make it harder for everyone...including law-abiding citizens...to own guns" to gun-owner's "let's make it easier for law-abiding citizens to own guns so they can defend themselves" to "we need more gun-free zones" to "gun-free zones create shooting galleries...get rid of them".

The latest update on the death toll at the Umpqua college shooting is 12 victims, one dead shooter, and as many as 20 wounded in the gunfire.

It's too bad this becomes a national political moment every time it happens.

There is still no info out about the shooter other than he was 20 years old.

the one in Oregon? did you know that if you obtain a weapon for the PURPOSE of committing a crime your possession of that weapon violates federal law?

why don't you tell us what additional laws might have stopped this massacre

My god you are actually talking gun control from the feds? Well just color me whatever

Way off topic, but how is requiring someone to prove who they say they are "discouraging" voting? Those who smoke must be able to present an ID if asked, those who drink alcohol must do the same. If you want to get on an airplane you have to have an ID, if you want to register a car. I could keep going. I don't know why Progressives or Liberals or just Democrats in general believe that this is an attempt to keep people from voting.

It's called political capital. The reality is that if someone has no ID they cannot work OR collect social services. There are some few out there but most of them live in cardboard boxes. They're not voting anyway. So sometimes we really have to mine for that political capital.

Well...pick a Republican President, then....and give your own answer. I won't play your dumbass, deflecting game.

The fact is, Obama is the only President that got on TV today to shoot off his mouth.

You brought it up. Now it is not a deflection.
Excepting you are stuck for words.

so you are claiming someone executed rose from the dead and killed more people

and you are denying those serving life sentences have NEVER EVER killed anyone?

wow - I think you are reading things that are not there.

I agreed with your sentence. Most folks here argue with those that disagree.

Lighten up dude the turtle. :)

Anyone have a name for the shooter. I find it interesting that they have his body and haven't identified him. Apparently he lined everyone up, asked them their religion, shot the Christians in the head and everyone else in the leg.

My god you are actually talking gun control from the feds? Well just color me whatever

Uh I am just stating what the law is. and many states have the same thing. My view on gun control is hammer people who USE guns to improperly hurt others. Rob a bank by saying you have a bomb in your pocket 5 years. Pull a gun-10 years. shoot someone with the gun-20 years, kill someone-life sentence

rape someone by force-15 years. Threaten them with a firearm 20 years. hurt them with the firearm-25 years

What would a republican president say?

He'd probably say: Words mean things, and shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed.

You brought it up. Now it is not a deflection.
Excepting you are stuck for words.

I brought up Obama and I'll be happy to discuss what he said.

The Republican thing is your deflection. You are on your own there.

Re: Mass shooting in Oregon (estimated 10 dead)

gun%20ownership%20states.png

What a pretty graph, with all those little red dots and states names too. How nice of Mother to share.

Back to the tragic story.

Anyone have a name for the shooter. I find it interesting that they have his body and haven't identified him. Apparently he lined everyone up, asked them their religion, shot the Christians in the head and everyone else in the leg.

well after the first shot, why didn't everyone charge the guy? less dead and the shooter would probably die a rather painful and slow death being beaten to death by a bunch of people. I am not a fan of the death penalty but I would have no problem if the intended victims had slowly and as painfully as possible, killed this asshole

There's speculation as to his name but I haven't seen anything official yet. I did also hear that he shot the Christians just as you said.

What a pretty graph, with all those little red dots and states names too. How nice of Mother to share.

Back to the tragic story.

yeah New Hampshire is a free state when it comes to guns, lots of gun owners there (several universities up there had shotgun teams-I know, we always went to that state for the EASTERN COLLEGIATE shotgun championships) and its one of the safest. Minnesota too-big hunting state. Ohio has mostly good gun laws, and we are behind several states with silly gun laws. and as I noted, MJ is a propaganda center and it doesn't take into account legal vs illegal gun ownership

I propose that every single firearm in this nation be treated as exactly as a licensed vehicle. Each firearm must have a "license" so it can be tracked back to the original owner, store, and company. There will be stiff penalties for people who sell their guns (without proper approval) after purchasing it from an authorized retailer.

wow - I think you are reading things that are not there.

I agreed with your sentence. Most folks here argue with those that disagree.

Lighten up dude the turtle. :)

It looked sarcastic to me. apologies is that was not your intent

I propose that every single item of firearms in this nation be treated as exactly as a licensed vehicle. Each firearm must have a "license" so it can be tracked back to the original owner, store, and company.

do you realize how silly that is? first of all the government doesn't have the proper power to do that on a federal level

secondly there are over 300 million firearms here that are not "licensed" how you going to get them "licensed"

every single dose of heroin or Crank or LSD needs a prescription. Yeah that will stop drug abuse

I propose that every single firearm in this nation be treated as exactly as a licensed vehicle. Each firearm must have a "license" so it can be tracked back to the original owner, store, and company. There will be stiff penalties for people who sell their guns (without proper approval) after purchasing it from an authorized retailer.

And how, exactly, would that prevent today's tragedy?

Ditto.

Even worse, the ABC Reporter that I was listening too, was conjecturing what obama would do to curtail this gun violence and gun ownership. Damn liberal, eastcoast media, are total dickheads!

I'm sure the Liberal hacks at MSNBC were also getting the anti-gun talking points warmed up when this thing started breaking.

And how, exactly, would that prevent today's tragedy?

I don't think many of them care-rather they care about saying "WE DID SOMETHING" even if it doesn't do anything. most gun control proposals have two purposes-

1) pander those those who want SOMETHING DONE or in the case of those who aren't in office-pretend something has been done

2) harass people whose politics are not the same as those who want to DO SOMETHING

Uh I am just stating what the law is. and many states have the same thing. My view on gun control is hammer people who USE guns to improperly hurt others. Rob a bank by saying you have a bomb in your pocket 5 years. Pull a gun-10 years. shoot someone with the gun-20 years, kill someone-life sentence

rape someone by force-15 years. Threaten them with a firearm 20 years. hurt them with the firearm-25 years

Totally agree. Commit a crime with a gun and get hammered with a sledge hammer. Another thing that has always pissed me off is if the victim somehow survives being shot the perp gets a lucky break. I say shoot a person then you do the same time as if you had killed him.

well after the first shot, why didn't everyone charge the guy? less dead and the shooter would probably die a rather painful and slow death being beaten to death by a bunch of people. I am not a fan of the death penalty but I would have no problem if the intended victims had slowly and as painfully as possible, killed this asshole

Oregon just legalized recreational pot. They were probably too stoned,

Back
Top Bottom