• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mass shooting have become just part of the American scene

If you were aborted you wouldn't be saying this would you? Why because you would have been killed. Your life ended.

You tell yourself whatever you must to justify your condoning of the killing.

Abort a pregnant womans baby against her will and watch what they charge you with lol
I am not going to sit here and debate the abortion issue with you but I am not going to allow you to compare it to a mass killing of children in school.

They are totally different things.

An abortion means that a person has done something to their OWN body. Everyone of us should have the right to do with their own bodies what we want to do. If you abort you are killing a part of your own body and not taking someone else's life without reason. A mass killer is killing many and without reason to do so. To finish it off, we allowed him to buy the weapons of mass killings without any background checks, meaning we (the Republicans) are as guilty of the deaths as the killer was.

These two do not compare in the slightest and you putting these together means that you are making a statement about what YOU want and not about what is the right of every "human" being once born to be safe from the decision that "OTHERS" make about whether you have the right to live or not.

It is sickening that you do this in the face of these senseless killings. Instead of trying to get your peers (the Republicans) to do something that is easy and proper to do (put some restrictions to buying deadly guns to prevent angry or sick people from buying them), you use this Forum to attempt to make a point that is important to you personally. Sickening.

Been training tactically for decades. Training in tactics from Thunder Ranch, Front sight, Sig Acandemy, and most recent the fluid situational
Response. Shoot competitively aswell.

And here is something for you. Police are you and me with some training. It's not magic training. They suffer the same symptoms of pressure as we do. They have many cowards among them just as we should expect in our ranks. My wife could easily out shoot the average cop. Not bragging but they simply aren't specially talented gun masters. My sons and I would destroy 95 percent of them at there own qualifications. The other 5 percent would struggle to beat us. Again that doesn't determine actions under the pressure of a life and death encounter but it does mean we should have a better than average chance. The point is that cops aren't the only ones that can shoot and can employ proper tactics to increase the chances
of survival.

Pointed at humans unfortunately plenty of times. Twice during the George Floyd riots being the most recent.

Story to make you laugh and understand dealing with pressure isnt LE exclusive. George Floyd riots forced me to sleep at my business for 11 straight days. It sucked. We thwarted at gun point 2 attempted break ins the first day. By mid week things were very quiet. I was taking a fat shit at 1:30am since my biological clock was off with all the late nights. Out of the blue and with no warning gunshots begin ringing out.... bang bang bang bang nine shots. I instantly pinched off the tootsie roll, pulled my pants up high enough to walk and cover my junk......yes I was riding dirty( that's no wipe walking)........grabbed my gun belt and removed my gun. I killed the lights and crouched out from the bathroom. The shots stopped. I transition to my rifle and just as I begin to believe it probably wasn't an attack on us the shots start again and loud. Bang bang bang.......the windshield on my suv explodes with my heart a close second. As I scan for the threat the shots end. Another 8 or 9 rounds fired in the second volly. My partner covers me as I belly crawl to the front door. All is good. We call police who respond with a pile of cruisers.

After incident report.....
I used cover, transitioned perfectly, scanned for threats, used perfect gun handling, remained as calm as possible given the situation, and maintained high level defensive thinking throughout the ordeal. And all with a dirty ass!

It sucked BTW. I don't envy LE. It was a not fun couple minutes. That was for my business. For my wife and kids it would be an easy decision.
I get the idea that you are a 100% proponent to gun ownership. I have to no problem with that. I was a policeman for 4 years and was trained to carry a gun and use it when necessary. I don't carry or own guns now but I understand fully why others do.

Nonetheless and having said that, I believe that the amount of interest in carrying a gun in the U.S. has gotten to an extreme that is totally wrong.

You mention one instance where you ran into the need to have a gun but the reality of the situation is that there are "many" other nations that are much more dangerous to people and yet there is a much lower gun ownership.

Top 10 Lawless Countries in the World

1) Colombia
2) Somalia
3) Brazil
4) Pakistan
5) Afghanistan
6) Congo
7) Burundi
8) Iraq
9) Venezuela
10) Mexico

and yet, these countries have substantially less guns in private hands than in the U.S. Pakistan, which is #4 on the list of lawless countries, has 10 times less guns in the hands of private citizens. The U.S. is nowhere in the list of lawless countries, so why so many guns?

gunownership7a.jpeg

What this means is that we have way too many guns in the hands of people that are using them improperly and unlawfully. There needs to be a balance and that balance does not exist here. All extremes are bad and this EXTREME means that our children die from gun shootings more so than anywhere else in the entire world. This has to be corrected (not allowed to continue at this rate).

gunownership6.jpg

Reply to your lies, assumptions, and innuendo? Sure we will. The NRA is not responsible for this problem. The Republicans are not responsible for this problem. Gun laws being relaxed to help folks defend themselves are not responsible. The crazy piece of shit that did it and perhaps his parents are to blame.

And you democrats care more about the woman's right to choose than you are about the lives of unborn babies. We can go back and forth on this. 600 plus thousand dead every year from abortionists.

Yes we expect to win in November.

We are not a danger to elections! That's you guys. All we want is election integrity. Voter ID and making damned sure you guys don't cheat. Democrats want id less voting for a reason. You want illegals to vote for a reason. Pathetic!
1653659015472.png

And I am not responsible for the school kids deaths right?

I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. The friend comment was to avoid using a bad word.

You blame me for the actions of a killer yet refuse to blame the drug dealers for the actions of the drug addict. Thats the opitome of moronic logic.

This is a classic struggle of good vs evil.
Remember, good always win.
I would extinguish the fire with water if you caught fire.
See how differant we are. I am moral and reasoned. I am not steeped in a culture that causes pain and suffering to others.

Drug addicts take the drugs themselves. The school kids did not shoot themselves.
I do not fight to allow illegal drug transport.You fight to keep legal the immoral proliferation of weapons.
So, as even you can see, you analogy was barnyard stupid.

Watching Fox is wilful self mutilation.
Don't do it. Be part of the solution, one of the good guys.

Reply to your lies, assumptions, and innuendo? Sure we will. The NRA is not responsible for this problem. The Republicans are not responsible for this problem. Gun laws being relaxed to help folks defend themselves are not responsible. The crazy piece of shit that did it and perhaps his parents are to blame.

And you democrats care more about the woman's right to choose than you are about the lives of unborn babies. We can go back and forth on this. 600 plus thousand dead every year from abortionists.
A brave Trump Republican tried to defend his party. Unfortunately, the only way to defend Republicans is to lie.

The NRA contributes heavily to the Republican Party. Republicans in Congress will not allow gun control measures to be passed.

The unborn is not a baby. The mother is a living, breathing person, and should have the right to make her own health decisions without the interference from government. But Republicans want the government to control pregnancies in this country.

Was the poster lying or is he ignorant?

You keep saying this is about the "law-abiding." It's not. It is your way to confuse the issue.

WRONG!

Laws are only obeyed BY the "law abiding." Not by those who don't care, like the recent shooters and other criminals.

When you create more and more restrictions, they affect the "law abiding."

It becomes the "law-abiding" who risk losing their "right to keep and bear arms" as the rules, regulations, and laws keep increasing in the effort to keep reducing them.

Give you "gun grabbers" an inch, and you will take a mile. Take the mile, and then the whole road, so only "enforcers" get to ride on it.

But IMO government should rightly fear the response of the people, especially an armed citizenry knowing they have the right to effective weaponry.

THAT was the purpose behind the Second Amendment.

Last edited:
Perhaps. If you believe in it and follow its teachings it can make you a better person. Things were certainly better when more folks followed the bible.

When “more folks followed the Bible” we had a terrorist group literally ruling the south and routinely brutally murdering Americans with total impunity.

When “more folks followed the Bible” we had a terrorist group literally ruling the south and routinely brutally murdering Americans with total impunity.
Well, given that the Bible gleefully endorses slavery, and beating slaves who don’t obey their masters, maybe that’s what Daddyo is pining for.

To all the Democrats who revel in killing the unborn.

When you stop driving cars you can whine about the risks that go with fueling that vehicle. I will go out on a limb here and state just as many Democrats as Republicans drive cars.

There is no starvation in this country except with some mentally ill. In fact, more than half the people receiving SNAP benefits are obese.

Dems still whining about health care. Who'd a thunk it. What happened to Obama Care fixing all that?

You earn what you are worth. Get an education, learn a trade, stay in school, don't get a criminal record and you can make a good living in this country. It is so good that millions of people from other countries are flooding our borders to get here. That is also what is holding down wages for the unskilled. Seal the border and those jobs will start paying better.

So tired of the party that holds both houses of congress and the presidency whining because nothing is getting done.

Seen police shoot, not impressed! You shot the police qualification crap. Probably basic skills, basic retention, basic tactical training.

Look up the fluid situational Response by Roger philips then add advanced reloading, tactics, retention, point shooting, weak hand shooting and with multi platforms.

Love your assumptions, i qualify 4 times per year, do a lot of tactical shooting, in and out of vehicles and then add raid training.

To all the Democrats who revel in killing the unborn.

When you stop driving cars you can whine about the risks that go with fueling that vehicle. I will go out on a limb here and state just as many Democrats as Republicans drive cars.

There is no starvation in this country except with some mentally ill. In fact, more than half the people receiving SNAP benefits are obese.

Dems still whining about health care. Who'd a thunk it. What happened to Obama Care fixing all that?

You earn what you are worth. Get an education, learn a trade, stay in school, don't get a criminal record and you can make a good living in this country. It is so good that millions of people from other countries are flooding our borders to get here. That is also what is holding down wages for the unskilled. Seal the border and those jobs will start paying better.

So tired of the party that holds both houses of congress and the presidency whining because nothing is getting done.

Not a fan of either party but getting Obamacare passed is pretty damn impressive, what can the Repubs hang their hats on in the last 30 years?

How the hell do you know what I care about? And you are a marshmallow soft on.

As long as you have coward comrades amongst you I reserve the right to defend myself. While your friends waited outside kids died. My wife and several teachers have run to danger unarmed untrained with only love of the kids fueling them. Twice now LE has proven why civilians need guns.

And if cops went in to the school to get their own kids but not others as has been reported, they should be jailed! I pray the report is false so I can maintain a sliver of respect.

Oh so please tell what occupation has perfect employees? Civilians with guns are why we have so many LE examples. Would love to hear your explanation why no one is allowed to bring their guns into the NRA convention. All of those good guys!!!!!

It has become quite evident that the government in Texas, from Republican Governor Abbott to the local police, let the good people of Uvalde down. The result: 19 children, ages seven to ten, and two beloved teachers were murdered.
With Republicans in control, turns out we have been lied to all week. Now we are being told that 19 law enforcement officers waited outside the door of the classroom for 45 minutes while the children were being murdered inside the classroom.

So, what, if anything is being done?

Much like the issue of women's choice where the Republicans favor government control of pregnancies, they are once again clashing with the wishes of the American people.

Universal background checks and red flag laws are widely supported by the public. An ABC News/Washington Post poll conducted in September 2019 found 89% support for universal background checks and 86% support for red flag laws.

There was broad bipartisan support, as well; mandatory background checks and red flag laws won support from at least eight in 10 Republicans and conservatives, and as many or more of all others, the poll found.

ABC reports, "House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Maryland, said Wednesday that the House next month will move on a bill to create a national "red flag" law."

And The Hill reports, "McConnell told CNN he met with Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, and encouraged him to engage with key Democratic senators "in trying to get an outcome that's directly related to the problem. And so I am hopeful that we could come up with a bipartisan solution that's directly related to the facts of this awful massacre."

Republican Governor Abbott promised better mental health care although he slashed funds for mental health care in April.

In other words, on cue, Republicans are giving lip service to gun control because they have to say something -- it is an election year -- but that's all it is ... talk.

I will say what I said nearly two weeks ago following the slaughter in Buffalo. There will be no significant changes to gun control. The Republicans, sponsored by the NRA, will not permit it, and the massacres will go on and on.

Not a fan of either party but getting Obamacare passed is pretty damn impressive, what can the Repubs hang their hats on in the last 30 years?
Can you say Obama Care improved your health care? Only if you are happy with high deductible and higher rates.

Can you say Obama Care improved your health care? Only if you are happy with high deductible and higher rates.

Quality and more persons able to receive coverage was a great start, it needs to improved, what happened to repeal and replace? Insurance companies have way too much control and power.

Quality and more persons able to receive coverage was a great start, it needs to improved, what happened to repeal and replace? Insurance companies have way too much control and power.
Where is the quality improvement?

Ask some of your Medicaid pals how easy it is to find a doctor. All Obama Care did was move the costs from the parasites to the workers.

Where is the quality improvement?

Ask some of your Medicaid pals how easy it is to find a doctor. All Obama Care did was move the costs from the parasites to the workers.

Untrue, the most important parts of Obamacare are person cannot be denied for pre-existing conditions and got rid if the bs non-covering plans, people who had these plans were covered for nothing.
Amazing you have yet to answer any questions without asking more bs questions.

I am shocked another so-called Conservative has turned this thread into “yea but what about OBAMA”.

bullshit-in the last 30 years, the number of people annually killed in mass shootings in california is under 5.
I guess people who are only injured are irrelevant to you

Back
Top Bottom