• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mass immigration is destroying the fabric of society

Empirica

~Transcend~
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
This article concerns Britain's mass immigration problem, centering on a Romanian group as an example_

By: Leo McKinstry
Published: Thu, July 25, 2013
Related Topic: UK

Mass immigration is destroying the fabric of society
THE fashionable metropolitan elite constantly tells us that mass immigration makes our country more prosperous and vibrant.

Nothing symbolises this wreckage more clearly than the growing number of filthy shanty towns and encampments that have sprung up across Britain because of uncontrolled immigration. These havens of squalor would have been unthinkable in our towns and cities only a couple of decades ago but the collapse of our borders has meant they are now rapidly becoming a shameful part of our urban landscape.

In Hyde Park, one of the capital's renowned landmarks, a large group of Romanian beggars recently set up a makeshift camp, bringing a mix of intimidation and foulness to the area. Though many of them were moved on last week by the authorities, with some even given free flights home at the expense of the taxpayer, a significant number of Romanians are now back at the site.
Mass immigration is destroying the fabric of society | Leo McKinstry | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express
I happen to agree with the sentiments of the British journalist(Leo McKinstry) who wrote this article_

And guess what?! My mother was a naturalized American citizen from none other than Romania_

Although proud of her Romanian Gypsy heritage, she never would have defiled or disgraced America_

I do not judge worthiness based on skin color or nationality, even when it's personal; but by facts_

Moving on, I do not believe the human race is quite capable yet of creating a truly harmonious multicultural society, considering that it has yet to be accomplished along with the fact that assimilation no longer seems to be a priority to most immigrants_

My observations have told me that humanity isn't quite ready for the extreme degree of tolerance, conformity and cooperation which is necessary to peacefully unite an array of cultures which have little or nothing in common other than being Homo Sapiens_

Different cultures live by completely different standards, beliefs, views, habits, customs, laws, cultural histories and intricacies which other cultures might and do consider disgusting, outrageous, gross, cruel, oppressive, immoral, inhuman, barbaric and even criminal_

These cultures migrate to other countries where they are expected to conform to its laws and its culture which are totally alien to them, resulting in bitterness and resentment for their host, so they isolate themselves in their communities where they defy the laws and petition their host for change and exceptions_

IMO, mass immigration can result in a major transformation of a nation and totally alienate the host culture_

Or possibly even destroy a host nation in the chaos and confusion of a multicultural struggle for supremacy_

Was your dad american.......

Was your dad american.......

He is now, but was born in Russia way back during the bad ole days_

My family has done quite well here and are very thankful to be US citizens_

My father believes that most Americans are unaware of how good they have it_

And that very few take full advantage of the many opportunities available to them_

He also says nearly all of you fail to realize how close we are to losing the American Dream_

So many Americans have bought into the "progressive" propaganda that the United States is evil_

I wanted to be the first to like you_ :)

When did your father come to the united states?

Moving on, I do not believe the human race is quite capable yet of creating a truly harmonious multicultural society, considering that it has yet to be accomplished along with the fact that assimilation no longer seems to be a priority to most immigrants_

My observations have told me that humanity isn't quite ready for the extreme degree of tolerance, conformity and cooperation which is necessary to peacefully unite an array of cultures which have little or nothing in common other than being Homo Sapiens_

IMO, mass immigration can result in a major transformation of a nation and totally alienate the host culture_

I disagree; people in the US for example Americanize quite fast and over a generation or two are synthesized into the social fabric. I mean what's more American than a slice of pizza or a hamburger?

Europeans have a harder time assimilating immigrants and often create segregation amongst groups; just look at France and how it struggles with Muslims.

This article concerns Britain's mass immigration problem, centering on a Romanian group as an example_
I happen to agree with the sentiments of the British journalist(Leo McKinstry) who wrote this article_

And guess what?! My mother was a naturalized American citizen from none other than Romania_

Although proud of her Romanian Gypsy heritage, she never would have defiled or disgraced America_

I do not judge worthiness based on skin color or nationality, even when it's personal; but by facts_

Different cultures live by completely different standards, beliefs, views, habits, customs, laws, cultural histories and intricacies which other cultures might and do consider disgusting, outrageous, gross, cruel, oppressive, immoral, inhuman, barbaric and even criminal_

These cultures migrate to other countries where they are expected to conform to its laws and its culture which are totally alien to them, resulting in bitterness and resentment for their host, so they isolate themselves in their communities where they defy the laws and petition their host for change and exceptions_

Or possibly even destroy a host nation in the chaos and confusion of a multicultural struggle for supremacy_

I believe that the fabric of society will be OK but massive demographic change in the USA will probably reduce the GOP to a minor, regional, party by about 2043.

Don't think so? Wait and see.

I believe that the fabric of society will be OK but massive demographic change in the USA will probably reduce the GOP to a minor, regional, party by about 2043.

Who knows? Then your wet dream of unopposed full throttle big government and dependency can really bloom. What a workers paradise we will have!

I disagree; people in the US for example Americanize quite fast and over a generation or two are synthesized into the social fabric. I mean what's more American than a slice of pizza or a hamburger?
Assimilation to any nation of similar race and culture is generally a pretty smooth process_

And most Europeans, regardless of nationality, are basically very similar in race and culture_

The foods, drinks and spices they bring with them have made America a culinary paradise_ :)

Europeans have a harder time assimilating immigrants and often create segregation amongst groups; just look at France and how it struggles with Muslims.
Europeans are most likely having a harder time assimilating immigrants because of the huge numbers pouring in, as well as the extreme culture shock to both the immigrants and the Europeans_

Mass immigration of a people to any nation of different race, religion and culture usually results in the newcomers banding together and secluding themselves in their own communities_

There they avoid assimilation by clinging to their old customs, clothes, mannerisms and language, which keeps them separate and alienated from the people of their host nation_

They are not becoming British or French or American, but remaining foreigners in a foreign land among strange people who they resent for their laws, freedoms, religion, homosexuality and gender equality_

I believe that the fabric of society will be OK
You better take another look around Shrub_

The fabric of society has been unraveling for quite some time now_

but massive demographic change in the USA will probably reduce the GOP to a minor, regional, party by about 2043.

The great majority of minorities seem to always lean to the left_

And the great majority of immigrants to the United States is now minorities_

IMO, "massive demographic change in the USA" could result in a one party system by 2043_

You better take another look around Shrub_

The fabric of society has been unraveling for quite some time now_

The great majority of minorities seem to always lean to the left_

And the great majority of immigrants to the United States is now minorities_

What did I say?
IMO, "massive demographic change in the USA" could result in a one party system by 2043_

If the GOP is gone, how many major political parties does that leave in the USA? According to my math = 1, and my guess is that 1 will be the Democratic Party.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Assimilation to any nation of similar race and culture is generally a pretty smooth process_

And most Europeans, regardless of nationality, are basically very similar in race and culture_

The foods, drinks and spices they bring with them have made America a culinary paradise_ :)

Europeans are most likely having a harder time assimilating immigrants because of the huge numbers pouring in, as well as the extreme culture shock to both the immigrants and the Europeans_

Mass immigration of a people to any nation of different race, religion and culture usually results in the newcomers banding together and secluding themselves in their own communities_

There they avoid assimilation by clinging to their old customs, clothes, mannerisms and language, which keeps them separate and alienated from the people of their host nation_

They are not becoming British or French or American, but remaining foreigners in a foreign land among strange people who they resent for their laws, freedoms, religion, homosexuality and gender equality_

I guess that's why Irish, Italian and Jewish immigrants had it so easy??

If the GOP is gone, how many major political parties does that leave in the USA? According to my math = 1, and my guess is that 1 will be the Democratic Party.
My point exactly_

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
The gullible masses should be careful what they wish for Shrub_

The total Progressivation of the US would eventually drag the world down with it_

Including Europe!

My point exactly_

The gullible masses should be careful what they wish for Shrub_

The total Progressivation of the US would eventually drag the world down with it_

Including Europe!

I don't waste my time worrying about what the 'gullible masses' (Whoever they might be.) or any other people might wish for.

My comments about the GOP's impending demise are based on US Census Bureau statistics and current voting trends among the demographic groups that will make up the majority of the USA's population when non-Hispanic Whites become a minority of the US population around 2043.
Do a little research and maybe you'll understand what I am talking about.

Last edited:
I guess that's why Irish, Italian and Jewish immigrants had it so easy??
Do you seriously believe that basically white Judeo-Christians, some of which already speak English as their 1st language, have as hard of a time assimilating in a predominately white judeo-Christian nation as Mid-Eastern Muslims, Sub-Saharan Africans or Asian Buddhists and Hindus would have???

Most of the problems associated with Irish immigrants were the direct result of mass immigration_

The US has been under a mass immigration invasion(albeit illegal) ever since the Reagan Amnesty_

Fact; mass immigration makes assimilation more difficult, even under the best of circumstances_

I don't waste my time worrying about what the 'gullible masses' (Whoever they might be.) or any other people might wish for.

My comments about the GOP's impending demise are based on US Census Bureau statistics and current voting trends among the demographic groups that will make up the majority of the USA's population when non-Hispanic Whites become a minority of the US population around 2043.
Do a little research and maybe you'll understand what I am talking about.
You don't appear able to grasp that I understand you perfectly and agree with your "2043 GOP" assessment_

I was simply adding a few of my own opinions__Could it be you don't completely comprehend written English?

You don't appear able to grasp that I understand you perfectly and agree with your "2043 GOP" assessment_

I was simply adding a few of my own opinions_
_Could it be you don't completely comprehend written English?

It could be, but that isn't the way that it is.

What? Italians, Dutch, Germans and other mass immigrants did have issues assimilating at the beginning; often they didn't speak English and encountered road blocks based on religious and other cultural aspects.

We no longer notice these because after a few generations their old culture and existing American norms merged together into the social quilt, which then became the norm. It's a mix and blend process that takes time.

To say that all Europeans are so similar that assimilation issues would not exist is contrary to the historical record and reality.

Ask the French and British if they're one and the same...

What? Italians, Dutch, Germans and other mass immigrants did have issues assimilating at the beginning; often they didn't speak English and encountered road blocks based on religious and other cultural aspects.

We no longer notice these because after a few generations their old culture and existing American norms merged together into the social quilt, which then became the norm. It's a mix and blend process that takes time.

To say that all Europeans are so similar that assimilation issues would not exist is contrary to the historical record and reality.
Like Shrubnose, you are assigning meanings to my words that do not apply_

I never once stated or even implied that "Italians, Dutch, Germans and other mass immigrants" never had any assimilation issues at the beginning_

If you carefully read what I did post you will find what I basically said was that white Europeans had less trouble assimilating than do such people as Sub-Saharan Africans, Asians or Mid-Eastern Muslims might have_

Ask the French and British if they're one and the same...
Without speaking, most people would have trouble telling the French and British apart, as well as most other Europeans for that matter_

And a Jew, a Protestant and a Catholic are not as radically different as a Muslim, considering that Islam is rooted in the Koran rather than the Old Testament_

Although I will admit that Jews seem to have more trouble than most, no matter where they go_

Are you catching on to the gist of what I've been saying yet Greyhat?!

Like Shrubnose, you are assigning meanings to my words that do not apply_

I never once stated or even implied that "Italians, Dutch, Germans and other mass immigrants" never had any assimilation issues at the beginning_

If you carefully read what I did post you will find what I basically said was that white Europeans had less trouble assimilating than do such people as Sub-Saharan Africans, Asians or Mid-Eastern Muslims might have_

Without speaking, most people would have trouble telling the French and British apart, as well as most other Europeans for that matter_

And a Jew, a Protestant and a Catholic are not as radically different as a Muslim, considering that Islam is rooted in the Koran rather than the Old Testament_

Although I will admit that Jews seem to have more trouble than most, no matter where they go_

Are you catching on to the gist of what I've been saying yet Greyhat?!

None of what you just said has any basis in facts; it's all based on stereotypes...

You used the example of Muslims as a contrast yet as the Boston case showed, Muslims can look "white", plenty of Central Asian countries are "Muslim" yet their peoples look "Caucasian" (some actually are btw). Ever heard of the Caucasus region? They have lots of white looking Muslims btw..

You say stuff that's just plain made up...I mean, your reference to Islam not having roots in the "Old Testament" is factually and historically wrong. Both are Abrahamic religions! Hello!

Jews and Muslims trace their religious beginnings to what Christians call the Old Testament. Jews call this these books The Torah and in fact most of the OT is present within the Koran as well. Heck, according to Islam, Gabriel the angel gave Muhammad the Koran. This the same Gabriel from the OT btw..

Oh and Catholicism is drastically different than Judaism; the concept of the Trinity is counter to the monotheistic interpretation of Jews and Muslims; in fact the latter two have more in common than Jews and Catholics..

Honestly your so lost in the sauce it's not even funny....

Last edited:

What if open immigration is about robbing Mexico of it's best workers so as to cause eventual colaps?

What if open immigration is about robbing Mexico of it's best workers so as to cause eventual colaps?
Okay; providing Mexico opens its borders to an equal number of dead weight democrats in return_

The US could rid itself of millions of undesirables while maintaining the left/right voting balance_

Despite being predominately leftist, the Mexican illegals are better workers than US democrats_

And nobody can cause the collapse of a nation as thoroughly as a bunch of far-left US radicals_

BTW, why would the United States want to "cause the collapse of Mexico"??? :blink:

BTW, why would the United States want to "cause the collapse of Mexico"??? :blink:
For the exact same reason we cause governments to collapse elswhere: To install a government more friendly to the US.

For the exact same reason we cause governments to collapse elswhere: To install a government more friendly to the US.
It appears that the Mexican Government supports this mass migration of its workers to the US?

Is it possible the illegal workers we're getting from Mexico aren't actually the cream of the crop?

Anyway; I thought the US and Mexico already were friends?

At least we should be considering the hundreds of millions in US aide Mexico receives annually_

If money could buy love, the United States would be the most loved nation in the entire world_

It appears that the Mexican Government supports this mass migration of its workers to the US?
Yes it does. Here's a case-in-point showing said support: https://www.numbersusa.com/content/...illegal-aliens-prepare-executive-amnesty.html

Is it possible the illegal workers we're getting from Mexico aren't actually the cream of the crop?
Some number of them, I'm sure. Everything has impurities. Why I would even hazard the assumption that some number of US workers aren't the cream of the crop, either.

Anyway; I thought the US and Mexico already were friends?
You're asking me if that's what you already thought. Only you know what you already think.

Or are you talking like a valley-girl and trying to make statements sound like questions?

At least we should be considering the hundreds of millions in US aide Mexico receives annually.
Yup. It's probably to keep the cartels and very corrupt government at bay until Team America can do it's thing.

If money could buy love, the United States would be the most loved nation in the entire world_
Money can buy love. It's called prostitution. The US is making other investments, however, and not necessarily investments in our best interest....like the squadron of F-16 we sold to Egypt immediately before their government collapsed and the military took over.

Back
Top Bottom