• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mass immigration is destroying the fabric of society

Mass immigration built all of our major cities.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

My father believes that most Americans are unaware of how good they have it_
That bears repeating, hell it should be drilled and or beaten
into every last American school child's brain!

icvfqt.jpg

And I would agree with them, providing they were talking about legal immigration
Why does that matter? People are not more motivated to assimilate because they were fortunate enough to have a legal option to stay. Lots of illegal immigrants would love to live in the US, and lots of legal immigrants actively want to maintain links to their own cultures.

I might add, nothing in your original post said anything about illegal immigration. The only thing you targeted was "MASS immigration."

Yes there is a way to motivate illegal aliens to self-deport. But it will require discriminatory policies that harm the economy and the nation.
Fixed that for ya. ;)

The only way to get people to "self-deport" is to wreck the economy and/or improve the economy of other nations, as evidenced by how rates of illegal immigration went down during the recession.

Withhold all state/local/federal I-A benefits including education and medical, other than life-threatening
Great. So now, ER doctors and teachers are forced to become immigration officers? When you show up at the ER after getting hit by a car, if you don't have a valid passport they won't take care of you?

Enact and enforce laws to punish by fine, any person, business or corporation that employs an I-A
They already do that. It doesn't work.

Enact and enforce laws to punish by fine, anyone who rents sells or otherwise furnishes housing to I-As
Oh. So now it's ER doctors, teachers, and landlords who are being deputized by ICE. Lovely.

I-As would soon be packed and headed south, in fact the border crossings would be backed up for miles
Aside from the fact that this would be cruel, that won't deter immigrants. News flash, they're willing to risk their lives marching across abandoned deserts to get here.

Of course there would be some I-A protest marches and even riots but the National Guard could handle it
Good grief. That's your response to protests? Call in the National Guard?

Then hostile I-As could be considered enemy combatants and dealt with as such by police and military
Nice. Why not just shoot them all on sight? :roll:

The loss of life and property damage would be minimal providing the nation stands fast and doesn't blink
There are nearly 11 million illegal immigrants currently in the US. That's equivalent to the population of Kansas. There is no way the US could afford to deport all of these people, and it should be screamingly obvious this would have a detrimental effect on the US economy.

The problem of illegal immigration would soon become inconsequential to the point of nearly nonexistent
Please. "Self-deportation" is not reality, it's a fantasy.

The number of legal immigrants allowed would be higher if it weren't for the 12+ million illegals who jumped line
This is patently false.

The number of legal immigrants allowed per year is set by Congress. Illegal immigrants don't "jump the line," and the recent proposals do not allow them to "jump the line." They have to wait 10 years before they can apply, they have to pay a bunch of fines, they have to have clean records.

Franchising 12+ million undocumented latino democrats would forever shift the electoral balance in favor of the far-left progressive controlled Democrat Party which would leave the United States with a one-party system forever more
I don't buy it -- as clearly demonstrated by Texas, which is increasingly Hispanic (36%) and still very Republican and conservative.

The only reason why Hispanics might favor the Democrats is because the Republicans have spent the past 20 years treating Hispanics as though they were subhuman. If y'all stopped discriminating against them, recognized that they are fully fledged human beings, and offered them policies that meet some of their needs, they'd start voting for Republicans. Attitudes like yours are self-fulfilling prophecies.

Within a couple generations this nation would be a collective totalitarian police state
Uh huh. So instead of a "collective totalitarian police state," you just want a nation where the cops, the hospitals, your doctors, your teachers, your employers, and your landlords are all checking your paperwork to make sure you're a legal resident.

I.e. you don't object to a police state, as long as stops people from voting for Democrats.

I'm so glad you've fully grasped the concept of a participatory democracy. :D

The bottom line is: People come to the US to be free, and to have a shot at economic opportunities and prosperity. These are the kinds of people we should all want to be here, no matter what our or their political opinions.

didja see the article was about the UK?
Did you not read in the article how the Romanians have the legal right to reside and work in the UK?

Did you not see how the OP is talking about "mass immigration" to America?

Did any nation that surrendered their national sovereignty to the EU have any sense?
Do you think having witnessed illegal aliens turn vast swaths of Phoenix Arizona into México
that I'd think that letting people overrun your country was a brilliant idea?

The bottom line is: People come to the US to be free, and to have a shot at economic opportunities and prosperity. These are the kinds of people we should all want to be here, no matter what our or their political opinions.

No, that is only one of the things we want in folks who immigrate here. In fact, the real story with that is what they intend to do with those economic opportunities. Over and over again, from the horses mouth we hear their intent - to send money home.

Everything else in the referenced post is absolutely incorrect, though oft repeated.

Did any nation that surrendered their national sovereignty to the EU have any sense?
1) Joining the EU is not the same as "surrendering national sovereignty," especially in the case of the UK.

2) If you're asking "did joining the EU provide any benefits," the answer is yes. Germany, for example, did very well as part of the EU for years. The fundamental problem was, unfortunately, that the economies of the EU are too diverse, and lacking a true central authority, for the Euro to work.

Do you think having witnessed illegal aliens turn vast swaths of Phoenix Arizona into México that I'd think that letting people overrun your country was a brilliant idea?
Oh no! People with brown skin are moving into the neighborhood! We must flee!!! :D

Funny though, it looks like the unemployment rate in Phoenix was over 1 point below the US average in the 90s, and is already rebounding. It got worse when the real estate bubble burst -- which had nothing to do with the effects of illegal immigration.

It also appears that while crime in Phoenix is not good, the rates have been falling, and are at their lowest point since 1971. Even the Cato Institute (!!!) says that immigrants (legal and illegal) commit fewer crimes than native-born Americans, and that fears of crimes by illegal immigrants are blown out of proportion (Unfounded Fear of Immigrant Crime Grips Arizona | Cato Institute).

So aside from having access to outstanding Mexican food, how exactly did having an influx of immigrants make things worse?

White flight man the high school I went to in the 70's is now 98% 'hispanic'
I could type pages on what it was like but what's the use?
I did think it was rather funny that the Mexican drug cartels realized that the best place to invest their ill gotten gains
was to have illegals buy real estate. Dang that was really a hoot

No, that is only one of the things we want in folks who immigrate here. In fact, the real story with that is what they intend to do with those economic opportunities. Over and over again, from the horses mouth we hear their intent - to send money home.
1) It's their money. They work for it, they earned it. They can do whatever they like with it.

2) They're here anyway; they're sending money home anyway. Giving them a legitimate path basically makes it easier for us to tax them, makes it easier for law enforcement to work in those communities, and basically benefits everyone.

3) Remittances are, functionally, no different than buying foreign-made goods. Where was your computer made, by the way? :D

4) You may not like the conclusions I drew, but yeah, my post is based on facts. Or perhaps you doubt that 36% of Texans are of Hispanic descent? Or that Rick Perry has figured out how to deal with that constituency? Or that there are 11 million people or so in Kansas? Or perhaps you know some magical way for the ER staff to determine that someone who comes into an emergency room is, or is not, an immigrant?

deport each and every last one of them
shoot any that try to return

This article concerns Britain's mass immigration problem, centering on a Romanian group as an example...

you are not white.

when will you be returning to your native country?

Back
Top Bottom