• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone else excited for this!?!?!?!

Oh my god it's gonna be pretty incredible.

I specifically haven't touched the games for years on the hope that one day, this collection would come, I never played any of the DLC back in the day so very excited for that too.

Man, I am over the moon!

So it should be noted if this interests you some of the features.

Mass Effect 1's gameplay has actually been retuned, including the driving sections and inventory menus for those who remember how insane that was.

On top of that the character creator is made for all 3 games at once, the cool thing is you use the exact same character across all 3 titles completely consistently.

Brings back memories. I played all three Mass Effect games, and all the DLCs. Loved that series.

Is it just a graphics upgrade?

Yeech, Been over this game years ago. Unless they have new material it would be pointless to fork money over again.

I don't know, this reminds me a lot of the Halo remaster, which is not a compliment.

it appears to be a rather minor skin retouching and some changes to the lighting over top of the same low-poly meshes and animations.

Yeech, Been over this game years ago. Unless they have new material it would be pointless to fork money over again.

I don't know, this reminds me a lot of the Halo remaster, which is not a compliment.

it appears to be a rather minor skin retouching and some changes to the lighting over top of the same low-poly meshes and animations.

Yeah I get your points...

But it will include every single DLC (Which I never got to play back in the day) and fixed a lot of the gameplay issues in ME1, shooting is alot tighter apparently especially the driving sections have been completely retuned.

I dunno, it'd have been nicer to have a complete overhaul but I'm relatively happy to go through one of the greatest series of all time in higher fidelity and all the DLC.

In fact I've been looking at hopefully next year when PC Component prices have calmed down, building a little custom retro console, love the ITX form factor for it, some great tools out there like retroarch to run some old games in 4K...

Really looks superb:

But it will include every single DLC (Which I never got to play back in the day) and fixed a lot of the gameplay issues in ME1, shooting is alot tighter apparently especially the driving sections have been completely retuned.

I dunno, it'd have been nicer to have a complete overhaul but I'm relatively happy to go through one of the greatest series of all time in higher fidelity and all the DLC.

In fact I've been looking at hopefully next year when PC Component prices have calmed down, building a little custom retro console, love the ITX form factor for it, some great tools out there like retroarch to run some old games in 4K...

Really looks superb:

Did you happen to catch the Linus Tech Tips the other day featuring the new Corsair One-like case?

It's expensive at $330 for the case, but man do I want to build an ITX PC now....

lolwhut?

Mass Effect was alright, but one of the greatest of all time? I dont think so. :LOL:

lolwhut?

Mass Effect was alright, but one of the greatest of all time? I dont think so. :LOL:

Mass Effect 2 is a gold standard in Western RPGs man, I dunno, my opinion, the other two are good but taken as a complete package, I think it’s a pretty damned amazing series given the massive, detailed universe and characters it introduced.

Did you happen to catch the Linus Tech Tips the other day featuring the new Corsair One-like case?

It's expensive at $330 for the case, but man do I want to build an ITX PC now....

I won’t be building anything I think until
Next year at least…

The PC component market is an absolute joke at the moment, if it ever decides to un**** itself I can finally get to building as I’d be on a tight budget for it.

Mass Effect 2 is a gold standard in Western RPGs man, I dunno, my opinion, the other two are good but taken as a complete package, I think it’s a pretty damned amazing series given the massive, detailed universe and characters it introduced.
I disagree. ME2 was great in some aspects, but I'd hardly call it even an RPG. The plot was mostly very linear and the once myriad customizable options in ME1 was gone.

Sure, you had different classes, but the way to progress was pretty much just shoot to kill or use your powers to kill and then move on to the next level. Even your supposedly free choices were severely limited, and hardly made a difference in the end- a lot of fans complained about this in ME3.

The storyline left something to be desired too, ME2 had you recruit this great team, only to use them for one mission which took place after 95% of the game was completed, and then it ended.

While the eye candy was great, and also the world building, the actual RPG aspects and the story itself left much to be desired. I stopped playing after one playthrough, and I aint planning to play it again.

I won’t be building anything I think until
Next year at least…

The PC component market is an absolute joke at the moment, if it ever decides to un**** itself I can finally get to building as I’d be on a tight budget for it.

Yeah, I know, but that doesn't really change the desire to build one.

I'm a sucker for great engineering, and most micro cases aren't well engineered. The one in that video, however, is exceptionally well designed.

Yeah, I know, but that doesn't really change the desire to build one.

I'm a sucker for great engineering, and most micro cases aren't well engineered. The one in that video, however, is exceptionally well designed.

Definitely…

But ITX is becoming more and more popular a form factor so hopefully we’ll see better cases as the years go by.

I disagree. ME2 was great in some aspects, but I'd hardly call it even an RPG. The plot was mostly very linear and the once myriad customizable options in ME1 was gone.

Sure, you had different classes, but the way to progress was pretty much just shoot to kill or use your powers to kill and then move on to the next level. Even your supposedly free choices were severely limited, and hardly made a difference in the end- a lot of fans complained about this in ME3.

The storyline left something to be desired too, ME2 had you recruit this great team, only to use them for one mission which took place after 95% of the game was completed, and then it ended.

While the eye candy was great, and also the world building, the actual RPG aspects and the story itself left much to be desired. I stopped playing after one playthrough, and I aint planning to play it again.

But come on man, some of those side
Missions in ME2 were some of the best gaming has ever had to offer and that was what made the end mission so much more
Impactful.

Definitely…

But ITX is becoming more and more popular a form factor so hopefully we’ll see better cases as the years go by.
PC and game consoles are converging. The only real difference between the current XBox and a mid-range PC is the operating system... and even that difference is minimal. XBox OS is actually just a stripped down Windows 10.

SO I picked this up, and the first thing I discover is you not only have to install the Origin client, it has to run in the background while you play. I have not even played a single minute and I am irritated...

SO I picked this up, and the first thing I discover is you not only have to install the Origin client, it has to run in the background while you play. I have not even played a single minute and I am irritated...
I've never had a problem with Origin, beyond the fact that it's updates take far too long. If you truly enjoy a well-produced RPG, with well-developed characters, terrific dialog and excellent story lines, Mass Effect is one of the highest-quality, most immersive RPG series I've ever played. But yes, I realize my gaming experience is limited in scope, lol.

I've never had a problem with Origin, beyond the fact that it's updates take far too long. If you truly enjoy a well-produced RPG, with well-developed characters, terrific dialog and excellent story lines, Mass Effect is one of the highest-quality, most immersive RPG series I've ever played. But yes, I realize my gaming experience is limited in scope, lol.

I'd guess if you like Mass Effect and fantasy, you'd like Dragon Age: Origins (haven't played the rest yet).

Back
Top Bottom