• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Masra

Interesting read.

I thought every reporter should have asked all the democratic candidates, 'Trump says America first where do you say America should be?

Avoiding the press at all costs (as Biden appears to be doing) cost Hillary the presidency.

Trump is going to be very sharp during the debates he has a lot of practice handling questions out of left field. The pressure on Joe is going to be knee buckling by the time he gets to the debates and that's when Joe does his worst.

The right idea is "Americans First". Not Saudi Princes, Tin-Pot Dictators, Defence Contractors and the 1% American elites. The President of the United States should be putting the lives and prosperity of all Americans first in his priorities, but the present holder of the office is more concerned with his own brand, his relationships with foreign strongmen, golphing and appealing to his increasingly shrinking and polarised "base".

If not "America First" then what? Americans and the American commonwealth First! Make America Funcional Again!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Sure share a couple that are representative why should I look them up?

I've learned that folks who disagree with me never worry about their credibility so I won't worry about mine.

The problem is you're not comparing it to how anyone else would have handled it. If we compare it to how the pandemic in 1918 was handled would you agree it has been handled a thousand times better? I don't believe Hillary or Biden would have done anything significantly better, they would have taken longer to shut down the borders which would result in more deaths. There could have been no decision harder for Trump than to shut down the jewel of his administration a booming economy just before an election but in fact he listened to scientists and doctors. The result hoped for was achieved. The hospitals are coping and evidently supplies are keeping up. Both Hillary and Biden have press coverage that amounts to a cheering section yet they still won't give the press the time of day. There is no way Biden in the condition he is in would be able to stand on his feet and allow himself to be grilled for nearly 2 hours. C'mon man this guy can't talk to a friendly reporter without suggesting he take a drug test. Every time Biden's staff let's Joe out before the cameras I imagine they just chew on anti-acid tablets the entire time. I don't think you care if Alfred E. Neuman was the nominee you would still vote for him.

DrewPaul:

Then why are you posting on a DEBATE forum?

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

DrewPaul:

Well considering that the sitting president has been busy making America a third-rate superpower, that slogan might signal an improvement of the American condition. President Trump has been a disaster for America, so just about any living being would be an improvement in the office of president.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

The two most significant measures are peace and prosperity. Trump has brought both to our nation. He reversed the Obama-Biden trend of selling out US manufacturing, and underscoring our labor pool with cheap labor from the south. Let me rub your nose in disaster...Seattle, Portland, NYC, NY State, Murder town USA Chicago and lets not forget Baltimore. Are those good model's of how the USA as a whole should run?

The right idea is "Americans First". Not Saudi Princes, Tin-Pot Dictators, Defence Contractors and the 1% American elites. The President of the United States should be putting the lives and prosperity of all Americans first in his priorities, but the present holder of the office is more concerned with his own brand, his relationships with foreign strongmen, golphing and appealing to his increasingly shrinking and polarised "base".

If not "America First" then what? Americans and the American commonwealth First! Make America Funcional Again!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

You know very well minorities and the working class have done very well under Trump far better than in years.

And you thought about this non-response?

I'm not the one who started a thread based on something I got in a chain mail. No response needed for this kind of nonsense. Derision is enough.

Remember how poorly Joe did during that interview with Wallace? No of course not they know sleepy Joe couldn't handle an interview with Wallace. Joe couldn't even pick a VP he wanted. Just like the electorate picked the last man standing (ironically an old white guy) Joe picked the last VP candidate standing. This is a harbinger of how Joe will run the country. All decisions and polices will have to run through the identity politics sieve. The most important consideration was gender and skin color in picking his VP.

True, we don't know how Biden would do. On the other hand we do know how badly trump came off in his interview, he got so desperate he started to lie about stuff, but then again he lies more than any human on the planet and just cannot help himself.

The two most significant measures are peace and prosperity. Trump has brought both to our nation. He reversed the Obama-Biden trend of selling out US manufacturing, and underscoring our labor pool with cheap labor from the south. Let me rub your nose in disaster...Seattle, Portland, NYC, NY State, Murder town USA Chicago and lets not forget Baltimore. Are those good model's of how the USA as a whole should run?

DrewPaul:

Peace? Where? In Korea? No, still there. In Afghanistan? No, still there. In Iraq? No, still there. Syria? No, still there. In Somalia? No, still there? In Yemen? No, still raiding there. In Ukraine? No, still operating there. In Germany? No, still deployed there. In Latin America? No, still operating there. In America itself? Trump is trying his hardest to use American military troops in breach of the Posse Comitatus Act there.

So where is this peace which you speak of?

Prosperity? No, tax cuts. Trade wars. Disruptive economic policies. A "Yuge" and protracted recession in the wake Mr. Trump's epic and IMO criminal mishandling of the Covid-19 crisis.

So where is this prosperity which you speak of?

Me thinks you're blowing partisan smoke up the arses of readers here rather than debating. But that's just my humble opinion based on facts.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

You know very well minorities and the working class have done very well under Trump far better than in years.

DrewPaul:

Do you have any proof of that, other than Trumpian claims? My take based on reading is that they (minorities) are poorer in real terms, being more oppressed and marginalised by Mr. Trump's international, economic and social "policies" and are dying off at higher proportional rates due to coercive force from agents of the state and from disease than the dwindling majority population.

So, nope. You're spinning propaganda rather than dealing with facts.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

For fun when things are slow...

DrewPaul:

The pooh runneth deep, I see. Maybe more PewDraul than DrewPaul perhaps?

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Not quite as charming as Trump's proposed slogan "Make America White Again" but close.

DrewPaul:

Peace? Where? In Korea? No, still there. In Afghanistan? No, still there. In Iraq? No, still there. Syria? No, still there. In Somalia? No, still there? In Yemen? No, still raiding there. In Ukraine? No, still operating there. In Germany? No, still deployed there. In Latin America? No, still operating there. In America itself? Trump is trying his hardest to use American military troops in breach of the Posse Comitatus Act there.

So where is this peace which you speak of?

Prosperity? No, tax cuts. Trade wars. Disruptive economic policies. A "Yuge" and protracted recession in the wake Mr. Trump's epic and IMO criminal mishandling of the Covid-19 crisis.

So where is this prosperity which you speak of?

Me thinks you're blowing partisan smoke up the arses of readers here rather than debating. But that's just my humble opinion based on facts.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I'm not talking about peace in other countries only God can make that happen. Withdrawing our troops from around the globe is usually something Dems are always in favor of...except now. If Trump wins things will change in NOKO and China. They'd much rather have Mister Magoo to negotiate with so they wait.

The Dems were in favor of Nafta and Chuck Schmurer approved of Trumps attempts to reign China in. You already know minorities have done better under Trump (pre-Covid) than they have in many years including the glorious Obama-Biden administration. Mishandled compared to what? What sleepy Joe would do? What Hillary would do? Neither Hillary or Biden would be physically capable of handling nearly daily pressers. Hell the guy is running for the president of the most powerful country in the world with many enemies abroad and he can't handle a press conference. I know this is going to be a zero sum shell game...lets not talk about Biden lets not make this Trump vs Biden lets just make it about getting rid of Trump and we don't care if Michael Avanatti takes his place...

DrewPaul:

Do you have any proof of that, other than Trumpian claims? My take based on reading is that they (minorities) are poorer in real terms, being more oppressed and marginalised by Mr. Trump's international, economic and social "policies" and are dying off at higher proportional rates due to coercive force from agents of the state and from disease than the dwindling majority population.

So, nope. You're spinning propaganda rather than dealing with facts.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

From Bloomberg

Despite his reputation for being racially divisive, President Donald Trump’s approval ratings have drifted upward among nonwhites in the last two years. While it’s impossible to say exactly why, one reasonable explanation is that the U.S.’s long economic expansion has been particularly beneficial for minority workers.

While Trump’s tweets may be hurting him among minorities, the economy is no doubt helping. As the president is fond of pointing out, unemployment rates among African Americans, Hispanics and Asians are all at historic lows (though it should be noted that data on Asian unemployment rates dates to only 2000).

Just as important, the unemployment gaps between both blacks and whites as well as Hispanics and whites have reached all-time lows. It’s not just that the job market has been good: For minorities, it has been historically good.

I know you only listen to propaganda from the other side but his polices have brought manufacturing back to the USA something Obama wrote off. His energy polices have led us to becoming energy independent and an exporter. I assume you prefer the good old days when the Arabs (and Russia) could lead us by the nose or cut off our oil supply.

The new Biden-Harris slogan..

"Make America Second Rate Again"
I have no doubt they can accomplish that in one term...

Measured in COVID-19 deaths per million people, we are currently ranked at number 205 out of 215 and headed further towards the bottom every day. Moving up to number 2 would be an incredible achievement!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DrewPaul View Post
The new Biden-Harris slogan..

"Make America Second Rate Again"
I have no doubt they can accomplish that in one term...
Source? Or just a rant...

Its what I believe a Biden administration will bring us. Do you think when a nation and the world is recovering from a pandemic this is a good time to raise taxes significantly? He's not hiding it says what he's going to do. He says he plans to stop any new fracking. Obama and Biden policies led to very high energy prices because they want to eliminate fossil fuel. Who does that affect most adversely? The poor working class of course. They couldn't care less if it costs $200 to fill a tank. No skin off their nose. If he pulls off a grand slam and wins both houses...watch the Dems run to pull out of the market as fast as they can. Also be prepared for job killing regulations you know that's coming.

Back
Top Bottom