• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Masks every flu season forever

Why was this "expert" very wrong in March and now he is right in October? What made masks stop more than just a few droplets? Was there some new masks invented? Masks stop maybe a few droplets in March but all of a sudden they stop MORE than just a few droplets?

Don't feel bad. No one else can figure out how masks got so much better.

Do you go by the diagnosis of doctors from the middle ages or doctors in current times? Do you believe that an evil spirit is possessing a person's heart or the heart is actually in cardiac arrest?

Do you go by the diagnosis of doctors from the middle ages or doctors in current times? Do you believe that an evil spirit is possessing a person's heart or the heart is actually in cardiac arrest?
I'll chalk you up as another who thinks that when someone says a mask MAY stop a few droplets means "masks work", or that somehow masks figured out how to stop 95% of them.

I worry about the leftists. Logic is not their strong suit.

No they don't and your rationalization is absurd. It has NEVER been believed any virus can not spread unless without symptoms. You'll have to try to make up some other "ignorant drivel."
BS. Why do you people keep making things up? Yes, the overwhelming majority of scientists do agree on the measures that can control the virus. Any yes, virus transmission in people who have no symptoms is not typical even in the previous SARS coronavirus outbreaks:

“Based on our data in Singapore, transmission from asymptomatic patients appears to play no or only a minor role, as all but 1 of the pneumonic cases of SARS had a definitive epidemiologic link to another pneumonic SARS contact. Lack of transmission from asymptomatic patients was also observed in other countries with SARS outbreaks.”

Do you need the quote? NM. I have posted his direct quote 20 times and you are just pretending that "Masks MAY stop a few droplets" does NOT mean they don't work, and if you do, I really feel bad for you.
Give us the quote agin if you want, but I believe that he never specifically said “masks do not work.” Either way it’s completely irrelevant because when scientists realized asymptomatic transmission was possible it was clear that isolating those without symptoms alone would not work any that having everyone wear a mask is necessary because we don’t know who has the virus.

Why was this "expert" very wrong in March and now he is right in October? What made masks stop more than just a few droplets? Was there some new masks invented? Masks stop maybe a few droplets in March but all of a sudden they stop MORE than just a few droplets?

When are you going to listen and get it through your head that the reason experts were wrong in March and right in October is that they discovered that people who are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic can transmit the virus? New evidence leads to new conclusions. That’s how science works.

EVERY single ONE of you is getting this wrong and I am baffled. He wasn't talking about the "importance' of masks. He said (and rightfully so)that masks might only stop a few droplets!!!

WHY are all of you willfully ignoring what he said???

I'm not ignoring what he said, I know he said that. I just don't think that matters anymore because he said that back in March and later walked back on those comments. He's been consistently pro-mask for awhile now, and the same is true for most experts in the medical field.

I encourage you to rebel and not wear a mask. Or take any other precautions.
~ It's too late. I was already exposed. Many of us test positive for antibodies.
Thanks anyway for your suggestion .
smile.gif

false, the mask is permeable, otherwise you would suffocate while wearing it. Not even an N95 mask is a barrier to germs.
Unless it's soaked in an antiseptic the mask will not prevent covid-19 from passing through it.
only if you are suffocating. If you breath out through it yes it does.
False viruses are small enough they pass right through the mask. The mask being right against your nose and mouth has moisture and warmth this it acts as a petri dish.

A surgical mask has far bigger holes than an N95 mask. The microscopic openings in an N95 mask are chasms compared to viruses. So there is no possible way germs cannot pass through the mask.

No, that's not how masks work. The mask collects no more germs than your face does. Yes, airborne particles can pass through the mask. But most infections are not from airborne vectors, but transmission through fluid contact. Masks protect against this.

You are always safer wearing a face mask than if you aren't.

When are you going to listen and get it through your head that the reason experts were wrong in March and right in October is that they discovered that people who are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic can transmit the virus? New evidence leads to new conclusions. That’s how science works.

That is absolutely 100% true. A lot of people believe that what was said in March cannot be amended or changed in anyway now. This is more often than not for some political reason.

Translated: No I don't have the post but I will pretend I do.

PS. If you can't readily post this, how do you know it exists? I think your tribe is onto you by now Quag and knows you've been doing the Mash instead of studying.
Another inane post from a guy who denies reality

Immunity, nonetheless, thereby destroying your feeble arguments.
What immunity? Do you think that once you're infected and recovered, that's it and you're safe from then on? Think again mate, and educate yourself if that's even a possibility. We simply don't know yet if any immunity is conferred post-infection, nor for how long immunity may last, if at all:
I look forward to your dismissal of what I presented here, along with a predictable snarky and ignorant response. Don't let me down, ok? Meanwhile let this sink in:
"The degree of protective immunity conferred by infection with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS-Cov2), is currently unknown". The Lancet.

Last edited:
I'm not ignoring what he said, I know he said that. I just don't think that matters anymore because he said that back in March and later walked back on those comments. He's been consistently pro-mask for awhile now, and the same is true for most experts in the medical field.
AJG, The thing is that it was and is a statement that cannot be walked back and what is really irritating today is that we primarily have young leftists in what is loosely called the media who have NO journalism training and even if they did they are not interested at all in getting at the truth.

Here would be the right line of questioning with "reporter being R and Faust (Fauci) being F

R: Did you or did you not say this on March 8th?:
"There's no reason to be walking around with a mask, While masks may block a droplet, Fauci said, they do not provide the level of protection people think they do. Wearing a mask may also have unintended consequences: People who wear masks tend to touch their face more often to adjust them, which can spread germs from their hands."

F. Yes, I did, but I was worried that people would run out and buy masks and there would be a shortage for medical workers

R. Okeyyyyyy. But you didn't say that. You implied that masks didn't work. That is, unless you are saying that "masks might block a droplet" means they do work?

F. Again, I was worried about there being a mask shortage.

R. I am confused. What masks were you talking about that "might block a droplet"?

F. Well, um, err, it was any mask

R. So, if the masks that health officials wear "might block a droplet" do you consider that "working"?

F. ONE droplet is better than none, I suppose.

R. But if someone is emitting tens of thousands and a a mask might stop one droplet, what good is that? How can you now say masks "work"?

F. Well, we have new information now.

R. What new information is that?

F. It is that people who don't show signs of COVID can transmit it

R. Yes, thank you. I heard about that, but can you stay on track here, please. What does that have to do with masks blocking just a droplet?

F. (squirmimg because no reporter dares questioning a "doctor' like this) Again, I was concerned about a shortage

R. A shortage of masks that may block ONE droplet?

F. No, no, no. Masks block more than a droplet. Where did you get that from?

R. YOU said it in March.

F. Masks stop someone that has COVID from giving it to someone else.

R. Doctor, if a mask stops just ONE droplet and that is a maybe, that means tens of thousands are NOT stopped.

F. We didn't know then what we know now.

R. What have you and other scientists found out about masks that you didn't know in March?

F. That they block up to 95% of COVID.

R. So, can you tell me how masks went from maybe blocking just one droplet to blocking 95% of them?

F. I was referring to medical masks

R. Only medical masks block MORE than one droplet? Why didn't you say this?

F. No. You're confusing me. Cloth masks work just as well.

R. If they do, why didn't you tell people in March to make their own cloth masks? Wouldn't that have saved lives?

F. I didn't know at the time that cloth masks work just as well as medical masks?

R. When did you find this out?

F. No one told me. I just figured it out on my own.

R. Really? Well, then. WHAT mask is it that may stop just ONE droplet?

F. I guess that would be cloth masks

R. Faust, can you just admit for once that you are no Dr. and don't know what the eff you're talking about?

We just learned more about the disease. Duh

What immunity? Do you think that once you're infected and recovered, that's it and you're safe from then on? Think again mate, and educate yourself if that's even a possibility. We simply don't know yet if any immunity is conferred post-infection, nor for how long immunity may last, if at all:
I look forward to your dismissal of what I presented here, along with a predictable snarky and ignorant response. Don't let me down, ok? Meanwhile let this sink in:
"The degree of protective immunity conferred by infection with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS-Cov2), is currently unknown". The Lancet.
You caught me at a time where I have a few minutes, so let's look at your links and see how headlines are shaped to grab a readers attention, make him read that link and thereby gain more advertising revenue. the first link says Immunity to Covid-19 could be lost in months, UK study suggests
People who have recovered from Covid-19 may lose their immunity to the disease within months
The findings suggested people could become reinfected in seasonal waves and that vaccines may not protect them for long.
and said it is still unclear what kind of immune response is needed to prevent infection.
has yet to be peer-reviewed, found that antibody levels rose higher and lasted longer in patients who were severe cases. This may be because the patients have more virus and churn out more antibodies to fight the infection.
But Prof Arne Akbar, an immunologist at UCL, said antibodies are only part of the story. There is growing evidence, he said, that T cells produced to fight common colds can protect people as well. Those patients who fight the virus with T cells may not need to churn out high levels of antibodies, he added.
He added: “We would however expect that re-infection would be less severe for any individual as they will still retain immune memory allowing them to more rapidly respond.

The above article was written in July and we are now in B+November, almost 4 months away. Where are there people who HAVE been reinfected. I am not interested in speculations, maybes, could bees and speculations, snake. You KNOW this.

So, rather than for ME to take further time in ruining your post any more, I will let YOU do the critique of the second link (which you should have done in the first place) Thank you for your kind consideration.

EVERY single ONE of you is getting this wrong and I am baffled. He wasn't talking about the "importance' of masks. He said (and rightfully so)that masks might only stop a few droplets!!!

WHY are all of you willfully ignoring what he said???
Right now he recommends them.

So wear them right now

That is absolutely 100% true. A lot of people believe that what was said in March cannot be amended or changed in anyway now. This is more often than not for some political reason.

Masking was for political reason. Normalcy was coming with summer. We couldn't let that happen. Masks are to maintain the fear

Masking was for political reason. Normalcy was coming with summer. We couldn't let that happen. Masks are to maintain the fear
Everyone is a doctor. Lol

Back
Top Bottom