• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Masks every flu season forever

When a state asserts something, it still needs to pass constitutional muster. For example, a state can't mandate that people must wear brown shirts on Saturday so as to not offend a certain group of people or some other such ridiculous law. Wearing a mask when you are NOT sick is one such idiocy.

The first problem specific to Covid is that you don’t know when you are sick. The majority of people don’t have symptoms and those that do are often contagious prior to showing symptoms.

So proving that you are not contagious at any given point in time is difficult to impossible.

Second passing Constitutional muster would not be much of a challenge. There is a communicable disease rampant throughout the country and there is evidence that masks work to slow the spread of the disease. If you seriously think courts aren’t going to give the governor wide latitude in exercising his police powers you are mistaken.

If you can spread your plague as you will, can I wipe my dirty butthole on your couch?

You do know that's part of the reason folks their buttholes and genitals, right? To keep them off the furniture?
What is it you don't understand about "I am NOT sick"????

The first problem specific to Covid is that you don’t know when you are sick. The majority of people don’t have symptoms and those that do are often contagious prior to showing symptoms.

So proving that you are not contagious at any given point in time is difficult to impossible.

Second passing Constitutional muster would not be much of a challenge. There is a communicable disease rampant throughout the country and there is evidence that masks work to slow the spread of the disease. If you seriously think courts aren’t going to give the governor wide latitude in exercising his police powers you are mistaken.
Then you concur that some governor could say in 2022 "We have had FIVE flu deaths in two days and I consider it an emergency and you WILL wear masks or be arrested"

Then you concur that some governor could say in 2022 "We have had FIVE flu deaths in two days and I consider it an emergency and you WILL wear masks or be arrested"
Then mask up

Yes. Though whether that order would be found Constitutional in the particular where issued would be very big open question.

People are fed up with this virus. Yet the states that still haven't completely opened up are having a spike in cases.

I think people are just completely fed up. They want their kids back in school. They want a chance to save their livelihoods . Their attitudes are now is if they get it they get it but 8 months of this following all the rules are now saying ENOUGH!

For example for the first 5 months of this shutdown my daughter in law 38, who is a director for a logistics company and my son who is 45 is a director for a software company have been able to work from home. They ordered their groceries delivered and wiped each individual item down with anti bacterial wipes before putting them away. They social distanced. They had a tutor for their kids after schools shut down. The kids did not get to play with their friends and all their extra activities had been cancelled. After 5 months of this they said ENOUGH! The kids are back in hockey, soccer, swimming and gymnastics. They go to the store for what they need, kids play with their friends and life is pretty much back to normal except for the hybrid schedule they have at school. Their thinking is if they get it they get it and will deal with it. But they are not going back to what once was.
My daughter is a nurse. She is exposed all the time. Her youngest son still at home is back in school full time. They never shut down. Both my son and daughter's families have been very careful when it comes to me and their dad. They sure do call often to make sure we have everything we need.

I heard an elderly lady say the other day what is worse.......dying from COVID or dying from loneliness. Her response was dying from loneliness is worse. So to that I would have to agree. I will continue to wear the mask but damn it I am not going to shelter in place. Most of my life has already been lived. At this point I don't have any days to waste.

I did mean inhuman It is against nature. Besides, as the Surgeon General said, they give one a false sense of security and as Faust (Dr. Fauci) said, they may only stop a few droplets. Here is a good article for you as well.

You can't fix stupid, so I'm not going to try. Everyone has the real information now, and everyone knows how beneficial it is. If you are still fighting it, then you'll live with it.

The difference is I am not sick and there is no equivalence to wearing pants and wearing a mask. It's a false analogy.

Not from a standpoint of freedom. You are not free to walk around without pants in public. You obey this dictate handed down from others because you like living in this society and do not want to be shunned or removed from it. Society has the right tell you what you have to wear in public, and during a pandemic a mask is something additional you have to wear whether you like it or not.

No you can't. I can wear a skirt or shorts.

But you have to cover yourself in public. You don't have the freedom not to, correct?

This is not certain. The WHO recently admitted that the cure was worse than the disease. You cannot lock down economies and not have people go into a depression as well as the economy. It may be callous, but I would prefer more people dead than people in a state of anxiety, depression, suicidal, financially ruined. Wouldn't you?
Masks, social distancing and a good testing, quarantine and contact tracing program can prevent the need for lockdowns or at least make them far less severe. That is the course of action taken by the most successful countries.

The results are far fewer deaths, less anxiety, depression, suicidal, financially ruined. I prefer that.

Unfortunately Trump has discouraged the use of the measures that can prevent lockdowns. You seem to be discouraging them is well. Biden is completely on board with the non lockdown virus measures and represents our best chance to avoid future lockdowns.

Last edited:
IF Biden wins, it will be no holds barred. They will pass legislation in the first week of congress taking away many liberties and raising taxes on all, and just say "You guys didn't really think the "rich' had enough money for our agenda, did you?"
Hey, I'm north of the border.

As long as it doesn't migrate up here, I can live with watching you poor Yanks forced to wear face diap- eh... masks every winter to protect you from the sniffles, and paying 95% income tax to fund your federal government's mask-enforcing fleets of armed drones. 😊

Enjoy your protection in the "land of the free".

Heh heh. 😏

Whenever I get into a discussion about masks, I get the usual trite response that they "work' and of course, links to doctors who recommend them. This is kind of like a life insurance salesmen telling you that life insurance is a good idea. What else is a doctor gonna say? The question is how many lives will wearing a mask save. No one ca or will answer that question but what we get is "If it saves just 100 lives or (fill in the blank with a number), masks are worth it, so what is it to you....wear the damn mask"

In spite of CLAIMS that this is a novel virus, it is still a virus no matter what someone says. Yes, of course it is worse than many other viruses that have come and gone. The flu season(s) kill an average of 50,000 people a year alone in the United States and if the control freak liberals can use health officials in their states and cities to declare an emergency and mandate masks for COVID, they ca also mandate them FOREVER, or at a minimum, every time and any time a new flu season comes along on the guise that they want to avoid another pandemic and/or save lives.

Is this the kind of society that humans really want? It IS the one we WILL get with Harris/Biden. Masks forever, folks. Really?
Oh just give it up. I love wearing a mask, making it a fashion accessory. CIVID or not, I was always appalled by someone else's spit in my face. Bring it on.
IOW, polite and caring people do what needs to be done. Ignorant oafs are being themselves.

Trump voters: Here's a positive for you...

We'll probably have less flu deaths this year. Donald downplaying has killed a ton of people that were susceptible. Tweet him and tell him that so he'll retweet it as a positive.

You can't fix stupid, so I'm not going to try. Everyone has the real information now, and everyone knows how beneficial it is. If you are still fighting it, then you'll live with it.
I know they said you can’t fix stupid but lord knows I tried with you and your tribe. I failed.

Not from a standpoint of freedom. You are not free to walk around without pants in public. You obey this dictate handed down from others because you like living in this society and do not want to be shunned or removed from it. Society has the right tell you what you have to wear in public, and during a pandemic a mask is something additional you have to wear whether you like it or not.
Um,,, we haven’t been wearing masks since cave men days, have we? Stop with the nonsense posts.

Masks, social distancing and a good testing, quarantine and contact tracing program can prevent the need for lockdowns or at least make them far less severe. That is the course of action taken by the most successful countries.

The results are far fewer deaths, less anxiety, depression, suicidal, financially ruined. I prefer that.

Unfortunately Trump has discouraged the use of the measures that can prevent lockdowns. You seem to be discouraging them is well. Biden is completely on board with the non lockdown virus measures and represents our best chance to avoid future lockdowns.
Funny thing is, you have NO proof

Hey, I'm north of the border.

As long as it doesn't migrate up here, I can live with watching you poor Yanks forced to wear face diap- eh... masks every winter to protect you from the sniffles, and paying 95% income tax to fund your federal government's mask-enforcing fleets of armed drones. 😊

Enjoy your protection in the "land of the free".

Heh heh. 😏
Agreed.

Oh just give it up. I love wearing a mask, making it a fashion accessory. CIVID or not, I was always appalled by someone else's spit in my face. Bring it on.
IOW, polite and caring people do what needs to be done. Ignorant oafs are being themselves.
I won’t stop you. Wear your mask to bed.

People are fed up with this virus. Yet the states that still haven't completely opened up are having a spike in cases.

I think people are just completely fed up. They want their kids back in school. They want a chance to save their livelihoods . Their attitudes are now is if they get it they get it but 8 months of this following all the rules are now saying ENOUGH!

For example for the first 5 months of this shutdown my daughter in law 38, who is a director for a logistics company and my son who is 45 is a director for a software company have been able to work from home. They ordered their groceries delivered and wiped each individual item down with anti bacterial wipes before putting them away. They social distanced. They had a tutor for their kids after schools shut down. The kids did not get to play with their friends and all their extra activities had been cancelled. After 5 months of this they said ENOUGH! The kids are back in hockey, soccer, swimming and gymnastics. They go to the store for what they need, kids play with their friends and life is pretty much back to normal except for the hybrid schedule they have at school. Their thinking is if they get it they get it and will deal with it. But they are not going back to what once was.
My daughter is a nurse. She is exposed all the time. Her youngest son still at home is back in school full time. They never shut down. Both my son and daughter's families have been very careful when it comes to me and their dad. They sure do call often to make sure we have everything we need.

I heard an elderly lady say the other day what is worse.......dying from COVID or dying from loneliness. Her response was dying from loneliness is worse. So to that I would have to agree. I will continue to wear the mask but damn it I am not going to shelter in place. Most of my life has already been lived. At this point I don't have any days to waste.
Patrick Henry's famous line of "Give me liberty, or give me death" is one that I live by. Of what matter and import is it to live a few more years on this planet in misery, solitude and loneliness than to live a life of happiness and joy, even if death comes sooner?

Patrick Henry's famous line of "Give me liberty, or give me death" is one that I live by. Of what matter and import is it to live a few more years on this planet in misery, solitude and loneliness than to live a life of happiness and joy, even if death comes sooner?
I will fight to the death if I am forced to wear a piece of cloth over my face at the mall.

Freeeeeeeedom!!!!!!

But you have to cover yourself in public. You don't have the freedom not to, correct?
I don't know why humans latch onto false analogies like this and promote them AS IF they are the same. For thousands of years now, it has been the custom for humans to wear clothing for practical reasons such as not being cold or getting our private parts hurt. To equate morals and customs to masks is just a diversion.

t the outset of this hyperbolic mask craze, someone suggested that all one had to do is claim a medical condition for not wearing a mask and no one could challenge you because it is illegal to demand someone's medical conditions. That may be what will have to be done if this nonsense keeps up.

Back
Top Bottom