• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Masked People Are Spreading The Virus

How often do we see other shoppers handling goods and then returning them to the shelf stock?
We don't really know shit about this virus. It's all guesswork. But, in my humble opinion, the virus is not spreading as fast as it is because we are touching the wrong door knob or package of meat in the grocery. There is actually much evidence that most people catch this by breathing in the virus, hence why they plead with everyone to wear masks. But masks only work so well and masks in this OP even less well and the fact that the left keep on clamoring on and on and on about wearing masks gives people the delusion that they can go out as long as they are wearing masks and everything will all by hunky dory. By the left encouraging mask wearing, they are actually encouraging people to go out spreading the virus when they shouldn't be going out at all because most masks, particularly those in this OP, are actually spreading the virus because people have the false belief that just wearing a mask means you can go out and do whatever the hell you want.

Put your thinking cap on man. The virus is surging. Cases are not getting better, they are getting worse. Just about everyone out is wearing a mask. Therefore, it is masked people spreading the virus because they are the ones who are out and about. That's how the virus spreads, by people being out. Most people think they are safe going out wearing a mask so they go out. The virus wouldn't be spreading if people stayed home. The virus is spreading because people are out and most of the people who are out are people wearing masks, masks just like in the OP.
This is a useful thread because it reminds us that wearing masks isn't 100% effective in stopping the spread. I know I'm not always as careful as I should be.

But a lot of people are downright careless. There are restaurants open in "outside" settings, but in truth the tables are inside temporary tents which are more poorly ventilated than the restaurant itself. And there are tons of people flying every day. Still.

Some activities are unavoidable. We just found out that one of our neighbor's mother died of Covid. She had fallen and needed knee surgery. She picked up Covid either in the hospital or during rehab.

This sh*t's bad, and we need to remain as careful as we can. Don't go out until you have to. When you have to go out, wear masks and stay away from people as best as you can.

you'll find I always chew my food thoroughly and am as apt to call bullshit on the Democrats as I am the Republicans. But the OP is wrong, and yes it’s coming from community spread, and a lot of people who only wear masks when they have to.
Put two and two together man. The left encourage people to wear masks, which encourages people to got out, which leads to the spread of the virus because not only don't masks work totally, but the masks in this OP show that they don't work well at all. The left have completely brainwashed people into thinking that you can go out and do whatever the hell you want as long as they are wearing masks. The virus continues to spread in months long mask mandates because it is masked people spreading the virus because masks give them a false sense of security that they can go out when they shouldn't be going out at all. And they think that a mask is a mask is a mask, when clearly the OP shows that a mask is NOT a mask is NOT a mask. The virus would not be spreading if people weren't going out and most people going out are wearing a "mask", no matter what kind of a mask it is.

Hmm... assuming that her gloved hands made handing the next (masked) customer their change and scanned goods A OK? ;)
Nope, but as long as she didn’t touch any of her own clothing or talk on her cell phone or . . . . She should be safe. Ain’t gonna help any shoppers that went through her line though. Those gloves are super spreaders just as much.

You're not paying attention. Most people out and about are wearing masks. That's just it, you mask police are fine with people being out as long as they are wearing masks and yet there are many masks that don't actually work well, spreading the virus. But, you don't give a damn about that. People like you are more concerned with being mask police while, as this OP shows, many masks don't work well enough and actually contribute to the spread of the virus. It is masked people such as these spreading the virus, not the unmasked people which are actually few and far between.

i care about stopping the militantly maskless from dragging this out any longer. if that means fining them, cool. if that means fining businesses that let them in, also cool. if it means allowing businesses to require a vaccination to return to work, cool.

Reactions: jpn
But masks only work so well and masks in this OP even less well and the fact that the left keep on clamoring on and on and on about wearing masks gives people the delusion that they can go out as long as they are wearing masks and everything will all by hunky dory.
Change "the left" to "those who follow the advice of experts and believe in science."

If they were "clamoring on and on and on," it was an attempt to drown out the idiots, mostly on the political right, who claimed that mask-wearing was not helpful at all.

A lot. These folks haven’t figured out how the virus is being spread if everyone is wearing a mask. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out. The first time I mentioned the money thing to a clerk she had a shocked look on her face. She started wearing gloves right after that.
Thing is, the gloves MIGHT maybe protect her but if she is wearing gloves and take a Covid bill or penny from someone and gives it to someone else, the fact that she is wearing gloves doesn't really mean shit to anyone but her.

Put your thinking cap on man. The virus is surging. Cases are not getting better, they are getting worse. Just about everyone out is wearing a mask. Therefore, it is masked people spreading the virus because they are the ones who are out and about. That's how the virus spreads, by people being out. Most people think they are safe going out wearing a mask so they go out. The virus wouldn't be spreading if people stayed home. The virus is spreading because people are out and most of the people who are out are people wearing masks, masks just like in the OP.

Unfortunately, lockdowns were vehemently argued against by many on the right, and there aren't enough willing people to make them work anyway, so here we are. Masks, social distancing, and personal hygiene are the best we have been able to do. Obviously it's not enough, but it's better than nothing.

Thing is, the gloves MIGHT maybe protect her but if she is wearing gloves and take a Covid bill or penny from someone and gives it to someone else, the fact that she is wearing gloves doesn't really mean shit to anyone but her.
Yep, that’s what I said above this. Gloves only protect the person wearing them. They don’t stop the spread of the virus to others.

If it gets you past the Walmart greeter then it’s a mask. ;)
Yes, but I have a bigger beef with the mask police posting on this site. They seem to think that just because you wear a mask means you are protecting both yourself and someone else when, in fact, most masks only offer a certain amount of protection and other masks, such as in this OP, don't offer much protection at all. But the mask police on here only care if you are wearing a mask or not. They don't seem to give a shit that masked people are spreading the virus and they don't seem to give a shit that encouraging people to wear masks is encouraging them to be out, which spreads the virus.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that with the virus surging and almost everyone wearing masks, our high numbers and surges are actually due to masked people spreading the virus. But the left refuse to blame the following mask wearers for spreading the virus:

LOL, there's nothing weaker as an OP that blames "the left" for something. Who are these "the left?" Do any of them have names? Are all "the left" the same with the same views and who speaks for "the left"?

And it's not obvious that the high numbers and surges are due to masked people. We have a surge here, and my guess the most dangerous places are restaurants, open indoors, with no one wearing masks except waiters, etc. Another big source are those 'small' gatherings of friends and family. We had a huge surge post Thanksgiving, which means gatherings without masks, since it's hard to eat turkey with a mask on. Another big surge post Christmas.... My neighbor down the street had a 40 person or so Christmas party, no masks of course per the reports of those across the street, and 10 days later his parents are both positive. I'm guessing it's that party, then parents being around son that caused that spread, not masked people at the grocery.

Yes this is correct. Masks do not protect you from the virus, nor do they prevent others with the virus from spreading it.

What they do is slow the spread of the virus amongst the population, since you are less likely to get infected if you wear a mask, and are less likely to infect others if you have the virus and are wearing a mask, the purpose of this being to avoid overburdening hospitals all at once and to give time for vaccines to be distributed.

So do your patriotic duty and wear a mask if you have to be in public.

I suggest you research how highly contagious viruses spread. This particular virus Covid 19 is more contagious than your standard flu. Flu viruses or notorious for getting past even strict quarantine measures. Masks are a minor speed bump at best. Most people do not properly sanitize their masks at all or frequently enough or dispose of them properly, this is presuming they are proper N-95 or better valveless masks to begin with. The only way to really retard the spread of the covid 19 strain of virus other than isolation, is to wear a positive pressure mask or suit that has a carbon filter and UVC recirculating airtrap intake and take very careful precaution in sanitization including UVC dosing before entering secured sealed facilities and liberal use of UVC light and other methods to sanitize vehicles and other such exposed equipment and surfaces.

Yes, but I have a bigger beef with the mask police posting on this site. They seem to think that just because you wear a mask means you are protecting both yourself and someone else when, in fact, most masks only offer a certain amount of protection and other masks, such as in this OP, don't offer much protection at all. But the mask police on here only care if you are wearing a mask or not. They don't seem to give a shit that masked people are spreading the virus and they don't seem to give a shit that encouraging people to wear masks is encouraging them to be out, which spreads the virus.
IOW They really don’t care about the science. They care about the appearance.

Hmm... assuming that her gloved hands made handing the next (masked) customer their change and scanned goods A OK? ;)

You have to sanitize after each and every interaction.

I suggest you research how highly contagious viruses spread. This particular virus Covid 19 is more contagious than your standard flu. Flu viruses or notorious for getting past even strict quarantine measures. Masks are a minor speed bump at best. Most people do not properly sanitize their masks at all or frequently enough or dispose of them properly, this is presuming they are proper N-95 or better valveless masks to begin with. The only way to really retard the spread of the covid 19 strain of virus other than isolation, is to wear a positive pressure mask or suit that has a carbon filter and UVC recirculating airtrap intake and take very careful precaution in sanitization including UVC dosing before entering secured sealed facilities and liberal use of UVC light and other methods to sanitize vehicles and other such exposed equipment and surfaces.

I don't argue that masks are a barrier that effectively prevents you from getting a virus while you are wearing it. But they DO offer some protection for you and for others from you. If they didn't health workers wouldn't bother with them, now would they?

Stay away from people and wear a mask and there will be no spread.
It is spreading exponentially! It has been for 8 months, even during mask mandates. People shouldn't be out at all! People go out because when the left encourage them to wear masks, it is encouraging them to go out. Masks don't work 100% and the masks in this OP work far less than that. This is what is spreading the virus. If masks worked so well, then why do we need to social distance? Answer: Because masks DON'T work so well and masks like in this OP work even less. The thing is, masks don't work that well and the ones in the OP work even less so that breathing stays in the indoor environment and it doesn't matter how far you are away from someone. If there are 100 people in Walmart, all wearing masks, 5 of them could be breathing out Covid into the air which circulates throughout the entire Walmart, so staying 6 feet away from someone doesn't address the air circulating throughout the entire store. Hence, in this example, it is masked people spreading the virus in Walmart.

I refer to all mask police like those posters in this thread. They will defend to the end people wearing masks, even the masks used in this OP. As long as they are wearing masks, the left let them slide and blame the very few unmasked people there are for spreading the virus. We can't get a handle on this because the lefty mask police refuse to admit that it is the masked people in this OP who are the main ones spreading the virus, not the unmasked people, who are a very small minority.
Stop making stupid threads.

You have to sanitize after each and every interaction.
You probably should change your clothes as well. And just to be extra special safe, take a shower.

people are not wearing masks where I live.

most people don’t realize they are not really being careful. They think they are. But if your wife (or mom, or daughter, or husband, etc.) goes to work at a grocery store everyday and comes home and is not quarantined from the family, that’s not being safe. And that level of prevention is what it takes. It’s not rocket science people! It’s obvious where the problem is, and what to do about it.

Studies have shown that overall, generally speaking, about 90% of people wear masks most of the time. I live in MAGA red Kentucky and when I go out I see almost no one not wearing masks. It is extremely rare.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that with the virus surging and almost everyone wearing masks, our high numbers and surges are actually due to masked people spreading the virus. But the left refuse to blame the following mask wearers for spreading the virus:

I don't think it's the masks at all. We had this thing pretty well under control back when there was no toilet paper on the shelves so it seems rather obvious to me that the easy availability of TP is what's got this thing raging again. If we ban TP and mandate masks THEN we might get this thing gone.

IOW They really don’t care about the science. They care about the appearance.
Who is "they" who don't care about the science - or the "they" (???) who only care about appearance??

Almost a year later people like you are having to tell other people, who I assume are intelligent adults, that basic stuff.

Crazy
Ummmmmmmmmm, we have had mask mandates for 8 months. Most people wear masks. The virus is spreading exponentially. The virus is spreading fast, not receding, because people are out and most people who are out are wearing masks. The virus would not be spreading if people were not out. People are out because the left have brainwashed people into thinking that if they wear a mask they are safe. Encouraging people to wear masks is encouraging people to go out and going out is what is spreading the virus.

I don't argue that masks are a barrier that effectively prevents you from getting a virus while you are wearing it. But they DO offer some protection for you and for others from you. If they didn't health workers wouldn't bother with them, now would they?

With a flu virus as contagious as covid they provide no protection other than airflow obstruction. That's it. Health care workers don't wear mask for viruses they wear them for larger heavier particles like bacteria and to reduce saliva droplet spread.
You probably should change your clothes as well. And just to be extra special safe, take a shower.

When I say sanitize I mean just that. MOPP procedures at least.

Who is "they" who don't care about the science - or the "they" (???) who only care about appearance??
The ones who are making sure this crisis doesn’t go to waste and use it to drastically cripple the economy and destroy the lives of millions of hard working Americans. They.

It is spreading exponentially! It has been for 8 months, even during mask mandates. People shouldn't be out at all! People go out because when the left encourage them to wear masks, it is encouraging them to go out. Masks don't work 100% and the masks in this OP work far less than that. This is what is spreading the virus. If masks worked so well, then why do we need to social distance? Answer: Because masks DON'T work so well and masks like in this OP work even less. The thing is, masks don't work that well and the ones in the OP work even less so that breathing stays in the indoor environment and it doesn't matter how far you are away from someone. If there are 100 people in Walmart, all wearing masks, 5 of them could be breathing out Covid into the air which circulates throughout the entire Walmart, so staying 6 feet away from someone doesn't address the air circulating throughout the entire store. Hence, in this example, it is masked people spreading the virus in Walmart.

You are right that masks give people a false sense of security and cause them to go out when perhaps they shouldn't.

The only thing that would create a bigger false sense of security and cause a more rapid spread of COVID-19 than everyone wearing masks would be everyone not wearing masks.

Back
Top Bottom