• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Masked People Are Spreading The Virus

mask up, or stay home.
You're not paying attention. Most people out and about are wearing masks. That's just it, you mask police are fine with people being out as long as they are wearing masks and yet there are many masks that don't actually work well, spreading the virus. But, you don't give a damn about that. People like you are more concerned with being mask police while, as this OP shows, many masks don't work well enough and actually contribute to the spread of the virus. It is masked people such as these spreading the virus, not the unmasked people which are actually few and far between.

There are actually very few who don't wear some type of masks, hence this thread. It is masked people, not unmasked people, who are spreading the virus because most everyone actually has masks. Just look at LA. They are having over 40,000 new cases, day after day after day. This is not a bastion of MAGA red hatters. This is people wearing masks.

Yes this is correct. Masks do not protect you from the virus, nor do they prevent others with the virus from spreading it.

What they do is slow the spread of the virus amongst the population, since you are less likely to get infected if you wear a mask, and are less likely to infect others if you have the virus and are wearing a mask, the purpose of this being to avoid overburdening hospitals all at once and to give time for vaccines to be distributed.

So do your patriotic duty and wear a mask if you have to be in public.

Yep, but they are considered ‘mask compliant’ everywhere that I have been.
Which is the point of this thread. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that this virus is spreading by people just being out and most people just being out are actually masked people, many of them as in mask examples in the OP. They are the ones actually spreading the virus, not the unmasked people (because there are very few of those).

There are actually very few who don't wear some type of masks, hence this thread. It is masked people, not unmasked people, who are spreading the virus because most everyone actually has masks. Just look at LA. They are having over 40,000 new cases, day after day after day. This is not a bastion of MAGA red hatters. This is people wearing masks.

To be fair, you have no idea how often those seen wearing a mask occasionally are masked up or how often they adjust it with their (infrequently washed) hands.

All of those pass ‘the test’ to get past the Walmart greeter. Welcome to just pretend compliance with the mask ‘mandate’.
I don’t know how many times I’ve observed Walmart shoppers improperly wearing masks. Heck, that’s also true about the workers there. But here’s the thing: who’s washing/disinfecting the money being passed from customer to customer? Or who is disinfecting each and every package that the clerks are handling after handling someone else’s package?

I meet with people everyday who don’t wear masks except in a store or some place that requires it. It’s spreading between families that somehow think they don’t have to wear masks around people they know.
This OP is just silly.
LA has over 40,000 new cases day after day after day after day. Think man, this is not because of family spread. The libs are feeding you food you swallow up without even chewing.

The idea is to fake it since real (strict?) compliance is optional, is more expensive and many (most?) feel that they (personally) are at relatively low risk. Otherwise, they would stay well clear of Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe’s and other large retailers.
I kind of disagree somewhat. Many of these masked people include those in the middle and on the left who mistakenly think that masks work so they wear a mask. They think a mask is a mask is a mask. There are actually not that many who purposely wear something not great just to skirt by the mask police. Of course there are some in this category but this thread is about those who think or don't think that a mask is a mask is a mask.

I don’t know how many times I’ve observed Walmart shoppers improperly wearing masks. Heck, that’s also true about the workers there. But here’s the thing: who’s washing/disinfecting the money being passed from customer to customer? Or who is disinfecting each and every package that the clerks are handling after handling someone else’s package?

How often do we see other shoppers handling goods and then returning them to the shelf stock?

LA has over 40,000 new cases day after day after day after day. Think man, this is not because of family spread. The libs are feeding you food you swallow up without even chewing.

you'll find I always chew my food thoroughly and am as apt to call bullshit on the Democrats as I am the Republicans. But the OP is wrong, and yes it’s coming from community spread, and a lot of people who only wear masks when they have to.

This is an example of the "Correlation Implies Causation" fallacy. It usually takes the form of A then B, therefore A caused B. It's a fallacy because the possibility exists that another factor, C, caused B instead. Another example: Everyone who gets cancer drinks water, therefore water causes cancer.

It's possible that the virus is surging in spite of masks, not because of them. It's possible that the virus is surging at a lesser rate than if nobody wore masks. And it's possible that the virus is surging because too many people still refuse to see them as having any value.
Put your thinking cap on man. The virus is surging. Cases are not getting better, they are getting worse. Just about everyone out is wearing a mask. Therefore, it is masked people spreading the virus because they are the ones who are out and about. That's how the virus spreads, by people being out. Most people think they are safe going out wearing a mask so they go out. The virus wouldn't be spreading if people stayed home. The virus is spreading because people are out and most of the people who are out are people wearing masks, masks just like in the OP.

How often do we see other shoppers handling goods and then returning them to the shelf stock?
A lot. These folks haven’t figured out how the virus is being spread if everyone is wearing a mask. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out. The first time I mentioned the money thing to a clerk she had a shocked look on her face. She started wearing gloves right after that.

I kind of disagree somewhat. Many of these masked people include those in the middle and on the left who mistakenly think that masks work so they wear a mask. They think a mask is a mask is a mask. There are actually not that many who purposely wear something not great just to skirt by the mask police. Of course there are some in this category but this thread is about those who think or don't think that a mask is a mask is a mask.

If it gets you past the Walmart greeter then it’s a mask. ;)

Almost a year later…
Exactly! Here we are, almost a year after masks mandates and things are astronomically worse, worse because people are out and about giving the virus to each other, masked people just like in this OP.

Hmm... like the Walmart greeter?
I refer to all mask police like those posters in this thread. They will defend to the end people wearing masks, even the masks used in this OP. As long as they are wearing masks, the left let them slide and blame the very few unmasked people there are for spreading the virus. We can't get a handle on this because the lefty mask police refuse to admit that it is the masked people in this OP who are the main ones spreading the virus, not the unmasked people, who are a very small minority.

A lot. These folks haven’t figured out how the virus is being spread if everyone is wearing a mask. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out. The first time I mentioned the money thing to a clerk she had a shocked look on her face. She started wearing gloves right after that.

Hmm... assuming that her gloved hands made handing the next (masked) customer their change and scanned goods A OK? ;)

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that with the virus surging and almost everyone wearing masks, our high numbers and surges are actually due to masked people spreading the virus. But the left refuse to blame the following mask wearers for spreading the virus:

Stay away from people and wear a mask and there will be no spread.

Yes this is correct. Masks do not protect you from the virus, nor do they prevent others with the virus from spreading it.

What they do is slow the spread of the virus amongst the population, since you are less likely to get infected if you wear a mask, and are less likely to infect others if you have the virus and are wearing a mask, the purpose of this being to avoid overburdening hospitals all at once and to give time for vaccines to be distributed.

So do your patriotic duty and wear a mask if you have to be in public.
You don't understand. The virus is spreading exponentially and astronomically (surely you don't deny that it is) because people are out and about when they shouldn't be out and about at all because obviously masks DON'T work well enough to contain the spread of the virus. And, the point of this thread is that there are many masked people out there spreading the virus wearing masks because their masks aren't good enough. But people like you don't give a shit because you would rather be the mask police and as long as someone is wearing a mask, you don't give a shit that they are out there when they shouldn't be or should have a better mask.

Put your thinking cap on man. The virus is surging. Cases are not getting better, they are getting worse. Just about everyone out is wearing a mask. Therefore, it is masked people spreading the virus because they are the ones who are out and about. That's how the virus spreads, by people being out. Most people think they are safe going out wearing a mask so they go out. The virus wouldn't be spreading if people stayed home. The virus is spreading because people are out and most of the people who are out are people wearing masks, masks just like in the OP.

people are not wearing masks where I live.

Exactly! Here we are, almost a year after masks mandates and things are astronomically worse, worse because people are out and about giving the virus to each other, masked people just like in this OP.

most people don’t realize they are not really being careful. They think they are. But if your wife (or mom, or daughter, or husband, etc.) goes to work at a grocery store everyday and comes home and is not quarantined from the family, that’s not being safe. And that level of prevention is what it takes. It’s not rocket science people! It’s obvious where the problem is, and what to do about it.

Stay away from people and wear a mask and there will be no spread.
Almost a year later people like you are having to tell other people, who I assume are intelligent adults, that basic stuff.

Crazy

To be fair, you have no idea how often those seen wearing a mask occasionally are masked up or how often they adjust it with their (infrequently washed) hands.
The point is that the virus is spreading exponentially and astronomically because people are out and about and most people out and about are wearing masks. If they were NOT out and about the virus would start to be contained and yet it never gets contained because people keep on going out and many of those are wearing masks, many with masks like in this OP.

What are they doing in their homes? Is everyone staying at least six feet away from each other?

I look forward to a time when disinformation like this is rewarded with arrest and prison.
Ummmmmmm, the virus is spreading wildly. We have had mask mandates for 8 months and it is spreading wildly. The virus couldn't spread like this if people weren't out. The virus is spreading because people ARE out and most of those people are wearing masks and have been wearing them for 8 months, and many of the masks are like the masks in the OP. It is MASKED people spreading the virus because at least 90% of those out are wearing masks.

Back
Top Bottom