• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask On or Off?

I don’t think you can force anyone to get vaccinated. You can take a carrot and a stick approach: get vaccinated and your life can return to close to normal; don’t get vaccinated and you will be forbidden to enjoy much of what normal people can enjoy.
Yeah..remember how we had long conversations about not making vaccinations mandatory..how I argued against mandated vaccines etc. ?
At this point..watching the absolute idiots we have running around spouting anti mask.anti vaxxer rhetoric..
I have changed my mind. These morons are too stupid to decide for themselves.. mandatory covid vaccines for schools planes government buildings long term care..hospitals etc..the minute the vaccines get full approval. Enough is enough.

I do not like the OP's specific idea but would have liked to receive a COVID-19 sticker similar to those "I voted" stickers poll workers hand out. Theoretically, that would serve as a pass to enter public places without wearing a mask the next time you go somewhere. Of course I can see why it would not work band simply obeying rules is always easier than fighting them.

I received a few stickers after my first shot and after my ( booster ) second shot a few weeks later.

Last edited:
Here is a question...

What specific freedoms have been taken away from us? First Amendment? Second Amendment? What freedoms have been lost because of a mask? Did Probibition come back?

It’s the old ....but I don’t want to wear a seat belt the government is taking my freedoms of the 1960s all over again.

My only concern not wearing one outdoors has been elderly neighbors, close-talking, with no protection. No matter how far I pull away, they creep up. Probably due to hearing issues.
It's not hearing issues, they are just clearly geriatric creepers.

Here is a question...

What specific freedoms have been taken away from us? First Amendment? Second Amendment? What freedoms have been lost because of a mask? Did Probibition come back?
They are just whining entitled infants who have never sacrificed anything ever, so wearing a mask actually seems like a big imposition to them.

A mask is the equivalent of boarding an airplane wearing a lifejacket in case it has to make an emergency water landing. If you board and the pilot has one on put it on ;)
Would you jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane without a parachute-after all they aren't 100% guaranteed to stop you plummeting to your death, so why bother with one? No, the truth is it's all about 'freedom', arrogant stubbornness and 'I know best'.

They are just whining entitled infants who have never sacrificed anything ever, so wearing a mask actually seems like a big imposition to them.

The mask is a symbol of the stupidity. Here's your sign......

I pity the idiots who have fallen for a master conman like the malignant narcissist. You would think people could think for themselves. But alas their lives must be really miserable to give complete fealty to a lying sack of shit grifter. Very sad.
Anyone who quotes CNN, MSNBC, The NY Times, or WaPo has drunk gallons of Koolaid and is beyond hope.

Is Faux News and Murdoch pressuring you to write your BS like they did to that NY Post reporter? Maybe they are paying you as I can't see another reason to post such crappola.
Do you need proof of just who is fake news and they admit it??? Here ya go!!!

Charlie Chester
CNN Technical Director

Look what we did! We got Trump out!
We portrayed Biden as a young geriatric.
If it wasn't for CNN, I don't know if Trump would have gotten voted out.
Our focus
was to get Trump out of office without saying that's what it was.
Our next thing is going to be climate change awareness.
Yes, FEAR SELLS!
No one ever says these things out loud but it's obvious!
We were creating a story here. I think that's propaganda.

Should I make the above quote my entire sig line? What do you think?

I think anyone should be shunned and shamed and ashamed for quoting CNN, MSNBC, The NY Times, or WaPo, Don't you? Whenever someone claims Fox is lying, I just paste up the quote from CNN.

By the way, has he been fired, reprimanded? Has anyone in MSM lambasted him? Nope. Like Cuomo, you hero, he will get some sort of award for great journalism and moral fiber.

Yeah..remember how we had long conversations about not making vaccinations mandatory..how I argued against mandated vaccines etc. ?
At this point..watching the absolute idiots we have running around spouting anti mask.anti vaxxer rhetoric..
I have changed my mind. These morons are too stupid to decide for themselves.. mandatory covid vaccines for schools planes government buildings long term care..hospitals etc..the minute the vaccines get full approval. Enough is enough.

I remember that conversation.
Are you going to require it for your staff?

Nppe, the mask is symbolic of those who are responsible, healthy and patriotic citizens. The maskless deniers and refuseniks are symbolic of stupidity born of ignorance, arrogance and some idiotic dreamed-up notion that their 'freedom' and 'rights' are compromised by a tiny piece of cloth.

Last edited:
Those 'stupid' doctors and nurses would be delighted to put you at the bottom of their 'to do' list with comments like that. Welcome to businesses refusing to accommodate you, airlines refusing to allow you to fly, public transport throwing you off, restaurants not allowing you onto their premises-in short life as a social pariah. Sweet.

Nppe, the mask is symbolic of those who are responsible, healthy and patriotic citizens. The maskless deniers and refuseniks are symbolic of stupidity born of ignorance, arrogance and some idiotic dreamed-up notion that their 'freedom' and 'rights' are compromised by a tiny piece of cloth.

Born of logic and reason........

Frankly the science debunks what you have said. But you know this already since it's been shown to you.
Really?

Can you show me a paper that says it's OK to use a mask as just a covering?

What's up with you ant maskers? Why do you think your medical providers ..that recommend and support mask wearing are all part of some mass conspiracy to wear a mask. ????
I'm not an anti-masker. Masks have their time and place. Haven't you noticed I have been claiming the way they simply have us wear a mask as an ornament is what is wrong? If you are going to wear a mask, then wear it properly. Otherwise it's just optics.

Actually anyone at this point who thinks masks " don't work" has drunk gallons of Kool aid and is beyond hope.
You and I disagree on hunting, but dammit do we agree on mask wearing. Most of these people day they are pro life, but won't wear a simple cloth on their face to protect lives. They scream they are losing their freedoms and we are sheep... Tell me, what specific freedoms have we lost? First Amendment? Second Amendment? Any Amendment? Any from the Bill Of Rights?

They also don't realize that they are sheep themselves for following the crowd that does not wear masks.

I remember that conversation.
Are you going to require it for your staff?
Great question. I never asked. When it rolled out.. I simply made sure that staff were scheduled to get the vaccine when we got it. Every department in every facility was to make sure that staff were scheduled so that when their time for vaccine was due.. they could go.. the same for the second shot.
We had informational meetings that were mandatory for the vaccine.. detailing the vaccine.. the research. why it was important and that there would be no charge to employees and that employees would have coverage so that they could get the vaccine.
I know the facility that I am based out of.. has 100% vaccinated employees. You are right.. I will have to find out if there have been any refusals in any of our other facilities. I have been assuming no refusals of our employees. I just expected them to have sense.
I know in a prior meeting, mandating the vaccine was brought up by by the board. .. and at that time, risk management was against it as they said any employer that mandates the covid vaccines before they are fully approved (its approved under an emergency use authorization) risks a lawsuit and losing it in court.

Great question. I never asked. When it rolled out.. I simply made sure that staff were scheduled to get the vaccine when we got it. Every department in every facility was to make sure that staff were scheduled so that when their time for vaccine was due.. they could go.. the same for the second shot.
We had informational meetings that were mandatory for the vaccine.. detailing the vaccine.. the research. why it was important and that there would be no charge to employees and that employees would have coverage so that they could get the vaccine.
I know the facility that I am based out of.. has 100% vaccinated employees. You are right.. I will have to find out if there have been any refusals in any of our other facilities. I have been assuming no refusals of our employees. I just expected them to have sense.
I know in a prior meeting, mandating the vaccine was brought up by by the board. .. and at that time, risk management was against it as they said any employer that mandates the covid vaccines before they are fully approved (its approved under an emergency use authorization) risks a lawsuit and losing it in court.
I can understand employers not wanting to mandate a vaccine before its fully approved. After that I think businesses that have significant interface with the public are opening themselves up to lawsuits in the event an unvaccinated employee infects customers. Perhaps a sign outside of your clinic might help let your customers know that 100% of your staff is fully vaccinated. Personally, even though I am also vaccinated, I would seek out such businesses.
You mentioned that one of your employees had a bad reaction to another vaccine a while ago. Just wondering if that person also decided to get vaccinated (?).

=COVIDIOTS

(CNN)Federal authorities are planning to fine two unmasked and unruly passengers accused of hitting and grabbing flight attendants amid a rash of disruptive and sometimes violent incidents on board planes.
One passenger accused of grabbing and striking two flight attendants during a February flight faces a fine of $32,750, the Federal Aviation Administration told CNN on Wednesday. A passenger on a different flight is accused of hitting "one of the flight attendants with his bags" and faces a $16,500 fine.

I can understand employers not wanting to mandate a vaccine before its fully approved. After that I think businesses that have significant interface with the public are opening themselves up to lawsuits in the event an unvaccinated employee infects customers. Perhaps a sign outside of your clinic might help let your customers know that 100% of your staff is fully vaccinated. Personally, even though I am also vaccinated, I would seek out such businesses.
You mentioned that one of your employees had a bad reaction to another vaccine a while ago. Just wondering if that person also decided to get vaccinated (?).
She didn;t even question it. She was one of the ones first in line for the Pfizer vaccine. She had a sore arm and thats it. Second shot, she had a slight headache.. but it was a terrible day anyway.
I doubt that folks are going to get sued for unvaccinated employees. Frankly it would be hard to prove that you got an infection from an unvaccinated employee since you could have gotten an infection from the myriad of other people you were around prior to coming into the facility. You could have gotten it from visitors.. or even from vaccinated people...

And how would people know who was vaccinated and not vaccinated anyway?

Frankly.. I am just tired of hearing all this BS by these anti maskers and anti vaxxers. The politics of the epidemic have even permeated our legislature.. where more time is being spent on arguing masks or not.. and "power grabs by the governor"...then actually getting things done to help end the epidemic.

Maybe we should just do what my friend who is a firefighter suggests. When you refuse the vaccine.. you sign a waiver that states if you get sick of covid.. you will NOT take up a hospital bed.. but will go to some other "covid wing"... where you get hospice type care.. but no resources are taken away from those that are vaccinated.. to help you. (of course ethically we can;t do it.. but man would it be nice to watch these anti vaxxer/anti maskers shut the heck up when they realize that they are consequences for their decisions.

=COVIDIOTS

(CNN)Federal authorities are planning to fine two unmasked and unruly passengers accused of hitting and grabbing flight attendants amid a rash of disruptive and sometimes violent incidents on board planes.
One passenger accused of grabbing and striking two flight attendants during a February flight faces a fine of $32,750, the Federal Aviation Administration told CNN on Wednesday. A passenger on a different flight is accused of hitting "one of the flight attendants with his bags" and faces a $16,500 fine.
Should be banned from ever getting on a plane.

Back
Top Bottom