• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask On or Off?

Maybe true, but we are not anywhere close to being at war.

What is happening now is completely intolerable. I'm amazed at how many people are so complacent about it.
I have heard extreme Republicans say this was an attack by China.

Yep.

No wonder they are more serious about taking our guns away. They might be afraid of another revolutionary war.
Seeing that so many people not only accepted this abuse of power, but actually cheered about it, it's only going to get worse. The precedent has been set. If we don't replace these totalitarians in government within the next couple of years, we're screwed. The country will never be restored to our constitutional foundation.

Part of this was a test by government to just how far they can go. They discovered that today's America to millions of people there's no limit.

Last edited:
Maybe you missed all the ads and articles pushing for more people to get their flu shots this last fall.

Hard to miss.... I saw them, and CDC says vaccination rates are up YoY.

Maybe you could explain why Southeast Asian nations like, for example, Vietnam, have had such astonishing success in combating Covid. If your answer contains words like 'mask wearing' and 'social distancing' you get a Gold Star sticker. "This mask thing" made Vietnam very happy-because it worked.
About half the US followed the guidelines. Imagine if we all had. We might have done as well as Southeast Asia and the pandemic would have had less effect on our country and economy.

Yes, have to wonder what all the possibilities are. I didn't see any push to get flu vaccines. Maybe that's why.
Flu vaccines don't cause the flu. The opposite is true - vaccines help prevent the flu, some years better than others. It's not shocking that more vaccines this year compared to last, and social distancing, etc. meant far fewer cases of...flu. And colds.

You're just moving goal posts, and I'm bored with this discussion.
Same goal posts Agreed, your repetition of the same lame arguments is quite boring.

There are no "extreme" Republicans. They are mostly a little less liberal than the average Democrat.
Yes I misspoke, I meant the very conservative.

The long term care facility my parents live in is going through an outbreak. My parents are fully vaccinated but only 65% of the care team chose to get vaccinated. Now there are at least 5 care members infected as well as several elders. How on earth are you allowed to work at such a place and not be vaccinated?
They shouldn't be. Vaccination can be demanded by an employer. No vax...time for a new job.

There are no "extreme" Republicans. They are mostly a little less liberal than the average Democrat.

Actually, make that "They are mostly a little more reactionary than the average Democrat." and you'd be a lot closer to the truth.

NEITHER the "Republican Party" nor the "Democratic Party" makes it into "the center" on the world's political spectrum. The "Democratic Party" (a “[Moderate to Conservative] Right Center" political party) comes the closest while the "Republican Party" (a “[Progressive to Center] Right" political party) doesn't even come close.

If you are looking for analogues, the less reactionary portion of the "Democratic Party" overlaps the more progressive wing of Canada's "Conservative Party".

You didn't misspeak. "Very conservative"=extremist republicans.
Same thing, different spelling.

They shouldn't be. Vaccination can be demanded by an employer. No vax...time for a new job.
The Pfizer vaccine will be fully FDA approved by the end of this month, with Moderna soon to follow. At that point we can absolutely expect hospitals and other medical provider systems to require vaccination against Covid as they do for influenza already in 17 states.

Conservatives aren't extremists. They are extreme in the sense that they want government to completely adhere to the restraints so clearly laid out in the US constitution.

Conservatives aren't extremists. They are extreme in the sense that they want government to completely adhere to the restraints so clearly laid out in the US constitution.
Do you think "Typhoid Mary's" constitutional rights were violated?

Because she persisted in working as a cook, by which she exposed others to the disease, she was twice forcibly quarantined by authorities, eventually for the final two decades of her life. Mallon died after a total of nearly 30 years in isolation.

Is this a joke?

“Conservatives aren’t extremists”

“They are extreme”

Which is it?

Might want to find out. A large percentage of the elderly have been vaccinated. Just a thought. I was outside at my sons soccer game last night. Most wearing masks although some took them off while sitting down or like my self having some coffee. Tough call. I don't wear my mask walking my dog in the neighborhood or in the village but some do. Brave new world, who the **** knows.
We all die someday. Quit being so afraid.

I've had the covid infection last year and am now fully vaccinated, tell me why I should wear a mask in public?

The CDC should offer a bright orange or red card that we can wear around our necks telling others we're inoculated. Make it out of some impossibly hard to duplicate design like money with holographic water-marks.

I didn't mind being cautious before with masks, hand washing, distancing and rarely going out. But until they scientifically show that I'm a hazard, the mask comes off outdoors. I've seen the recommendations that vaccinated people may transmit the disease but not the medical evidence. I'll carry one for businesses that still require one, though yesterday when I went shopping, half the general public was mask free where I live.

If the covid variants become a problem, even for the vaccinated, then I will resume full time mask wearing.

From the CDC: "A growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to have asymptomatic infection and potentially less likely to transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others. However, further investigation is ongoing."

why don't you just tattoo that you have been inoculated across your forehead so we all know you're one them.

One of what? The sane? The protected?
Wear a MAGA hat that way we know you were vaccinated just didn't tell any one.

WTF are yiu talking about?

I quoted your attempted defense of the justified accusation that conservatives are generally extremists.
You denied it
Then you admitted it

Which is it?

Back
Top Bottom