• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask mouth is a seriously stinky side effect of wearing masks

Aberro

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
'Mask mouth' is a seriously stinky side effect of wearing masks
(Now that dentists have reopened their doors, they are having patients show up with a nasty set of symptoms, which the doctors have dubbed mask mouth.

The new oral hygiene issue is caused by, you guessed it, wearing a mask all the time to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. It is leading to all kinds of dental disasters like decaying teeth, receding gum lines and seriously sour breath.)

Karen will be so confused.

(Now that dentists have reopened their doors, they are having patients show up with a nasty set of symptoms, which the doctors have dubbed mask mouth.

The new oral hygiene issue is caused by, you guessed it, wearing a mask all the time to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. It is leading to all kinds of dental disasters like decaying teeth, receding gum lines and seriously sour breath.)

It is more likely due to poor oral hygiene:

Medical experts speak out against Anaheim councilwoman'''s claim that wearing masks causes dental issues - Los Angeles Times

Only two doctors have made the claim you say and there has been no peer review or any scientific study of any kind. It's not like dental office from around the country are reporting the same thing.

It's no wonder that oral hygiene is impacted by widespread mask wearing. No doubt increased CO2 levels in the blood are also happening, but that can't be measured without blood tests.

I've noticed lately that the poor people forced to wear them at work are constantly fidgeting with the mask. Also they contribute to a failure to communicate well because of garbled words from the mask.

It really is amazing how submissive the herd is, how irrational the behavior is.

Are they alive?

It's no wonder that oral hygiene is impacted by widespread mask wearing. No doubt increased CO2 levels in the blood are also happening, but that can't be measured without blood tests.

I've noticed lately that the poor people forced to wear them at work are constantly fidgeting with the mask. Also they contribute to a failure to communicate well because of garbled words from the mask.

It really is amazing how submissive the herd is, how irrational the behavior is.

Since when did you care about human health? Have you suddenly renounced your accelerationism?

They also cause skin infections, but whatever. Someone will be along shortly to "Wear your damn mask!!!"

Well, by that logic, people who work jobs that were always wearing masks anyway would have a higher rate of poor dentition and gum disease.

Note: when you brush your teeth.....take off your mask, Karen.

And why is it that 6 months later we are still wearing masks?

If we would all be compliant with masks, distancing, hand hygiene and crowd avoidance....we could make this thing manageable within about 6 weeks. If across this country we could do that for those few weeks....we could knock those numbers down to where testing turnaround time was very quick. It would allow for tracking and tracing to be very quick - so hotspots could be stopped before they started.

If you want to be able to take off your mask long term (as well as get the friggen economy back) that is the path.

But it looks like folks are still whining. Labor day is coming up and stupidity will reign as it did on Memorial Day and July 4th. Oh, what the hell. I will start making my Christmas themed masks to make a tidy profit on Etsy.

They also cause skin infections, but whatever. Someone will be along shortly to "Wear your damn mask!!!"

I've come along.

This is from an article about Houston's famed Medical Center and how the way it has handled COVID surges may be a model:

“If you wear a mask, maintain six feet, and wash your hands, we’re going to be okay,” Dr. Glenn Davis, an internist and pediatrician who runs a private clinic on the north side of Houston, stated. “It really is that simple. Basically, I bathe in coronavirus all day. I’m bathing in coronavirus, and I haven’t gotten it yet, and neither has my family. Because I wear my mask, I maintain six feet, and I wash my hands.” Davis added that “90 percent” of the patients he has seen contracted the virus because they were not careful. “I could pretty much tell you where they got it,” he said.

Dr. Reynolds Delgado, a cardiologist at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center who handles “the really bad COVIDs,” said he has closely examined patients “multiple hundreds of times,” and has been perfectly fine with an N95 mask. He added that none of St. Luke’s six infectious-disease doctors have gotten sick, despite examining “every single COVID case” since the pandemic began — an anecdote the hospital confirmed as accurate. Coronavirus Pandemic: Houston Hospitals Defy Doomsday Predictions | National Review

Wear your damned mask. (I am here to make your prediction come true)

Wash your mask daily. 6 months in we should all have multiple masks to swap out. Remember if you put your mask down on surfaces or leave them hanging around, they may pick up what is there. Shove the mask in your purse it is comingling with everything it touches.

Remember disposable masks are not meant to reused.

People wear masks for work long preceding this pandemic. The mask in and of itself should not be an issue with most people. It is how clean they are keeping it. It is how they are taking it off or adjusting it. Basic premise.....don't touch your face. On and off by the ear loops.Hand hygene before any mask adjustments.

Most women I know are saying that their skin is much better. Essentially because they are taking a prolonged "makeup holiday"

Death. A potential side effect of COVID.

Anyone wonder how many Republicans have died from COVID?

I categorize the NY Post as bird cage liner (it's been sensationalist rubbish as long as I can remember), and this article makes the point well. So let's see....basically the correlation between this "mask mouth" is the same as people who don't practice sound dental hygiene or properly hydrate. Nowhere in the article is any kind of study cited that makes a direct link between mask usage and oral hygiene issues which could easily be attributed to other factors. I don't think the vast majority of Americans have to wear a masks "all of the time" except for those working in high risk environments; and even in those scenarios there are opportunities to take breaks from wearing one.

Coat the inside of the mask with activated charcoal.

I've been saying all along we need to worry more about Gingivitis than this damn C19.

No worries big pharma is on the case and will deliver a cure for 5,000 times the price of a mint.

I would think the opposite is true because if more people can smell their own breath while wearing a mask, then it stands to reason that more people will brush their teeth more often. And so it does...

People are brushing their teeth A LOT more after smelling their breath with a mask on

Over half the respondents said they didn't brush their teeth twice a day...but after smelling their own breath, now they do.

The desperate ad hoc rationalizations of the anti-mask contingent is truly stunning.

Just wear a mask when you can't social distance, kthx.

We are six months into this and we still have the ignorant bunch fighting it. The goal should be to lower the numbers so we can get this economy going. Instead we have these you tube hillbillies trying to outsmart the experts.

They just invented this stuff called Scope. It's ****ing wicked good for one's breath. It also works a ton better if you're not dead.

I wonder why this never happened before to people whose jobs always required them to wear masks?

Actually I don’t really wonder. This is just more nonsense from the anti mask movement that Trump started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And why is it that 6 months later we are still wearing masks?

If we would all be compliant with masks, distancing, hand hygiene and crowd avoidance....we could make this thing manageable within about 6 weeks. If across this country we could do that for those few weeks....we could knock those numbers down to where testing turnaround time was very quick. It would allow for tracking and tracing to be very quick - so hotspots could be stopped before they started.

If you want to be able to take off your mask long term (as well as get the friggen economy back) that is the path.

But it looks like folks are still whining. Labor day is coming up and stupidity will reign as it did on Memorial Day and July 4th. Oh, what the hell. I will start making my Christmas themed masks to make a tidy profit on Etsy.

We will be suffering with this plague as long as Trump is President. It's our punishment for allowing him to take office. Just be glad there are only 81 days left until we vote him out.

Back
Top Bottom