• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask Mandates Are Illogical. So What?

XDU

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

(Opinion)

Apparently, some are confessing that masks are useless, but the real point is to compel people to recognize the pandemic is still going on.

(Opinion)

Apparently, some are confessing that masks are useless, but the real point is to compel people to recognize the pandemic is still going on.

Who exactly confessed masks themselves and not mandates that nobody follows are useless?

No one with even the slightest understanding of basic science, modern medicine, or even human biology thinks masks are useless. Surgeons and medical workers have been using them for decades for good reason, and they won't be stopping anytime soon.

Even an idiot can figure this out if you just think about it. If someone coughs, drools, sneezes, or emits spit particles when they talk, far more of that virus carrying debris will be kept in the mask than if they were wearing nothing. You can feel free to test this if you feel uncertain that's true.

Let's be honest, it's not because you guys have any evidence that masks do nothing, it's because you're ****ing lazy and annoyed by them and want to make up excuses as to why you shouldn't have to wear them. Man up and get over it.

Who exactly confessed masks themselves and not mandates that nobody follows are useless?
The author of the article is appealing to an audience with this belief.

No one with even the slightest understanding of basic science, modern medicine, or even human biology thinks masks are useless. Surgeons and medical workers have been using them for decades for good reason, and they won't be stopping anytime soon.

Even an idiot can figure this out if you just think about it. If someone coughs, drools, sneezes, or emits spit particles when they talk, far more of that virus carrying debris will be kept in the mask than if they were wearing nothing. You can feel free to test this if you feel uncertain that's true.

Let's be honest, it's not because you guys have any evidence that masks do nothing, it's because you're ****ing lazy and annoyed by them and want to make up excuses as to why you shouldn't have to wear them. Man up and get over it.
Actually following the mandate is lazy. Having to tell neurotic white liberal women to mind their own business is very tiring, some of them really go crazy too, they’re not used to men telling them to buzz off.

The author of the article is appealing to an audience with this belief.

Yes, an audience that thinks masks are useless, which they are not, and justifies to them why they are so edgy by ignoring city health mandates.

Actually following the mandate is lazy. Having to tell neurotic white liberal women to mind their own business is very tiring, some of them really go crazy too, they’re not used to men telling them to buzz off.
I'm sorry, but the irony of someone who is constantly talking about how he wants a theocratic authoritatian dictatorship in the US can't stand government mandates is just too hilarious.

You've also made it clear on multiple occasions that you couldn't care less how many Americans die, you're fundamentally and 100% to any and all actions that might slow or stop the spread of the virus. Run along now while the adults talk.

I'm sorry, but the irony of someone who is constantly talking about how he wants a theocratic authoritatian dictatorship in the US can't stand government mandates is just too hilarious.

You've also made it clear on multiple occasions that you couldn't care less how many Americans die, you're fundamentally and 100% to any and all actions that might slow or stop the spread of the virus. Run along now while the adults talk.
If you’re not sick you cannot spread the virus, if you are sick you will spread it whether you wear a mask or not. So it’s a pointless exercise

If you’re not sick you cannot spread the virus, if you are sick you will spread it whether you wear a mask or not. So it’s a pointless exercise
Ok, so if there are two people coughing, sneezing, drooling and spitting particles as they talk, one with the mask, and one without, you're claiming they'll both spread the virus EXACTLY the same amount. Not less, not more, EXACTLY the same. Prove your claim. You can start by just using basic arguments to explain how keeping bodily fluids on the person won't have any effect at all.

Ok, so if there are two people coughing, sneezing, drooling and spitting particles as they talk, one with the mask, and one without, you're claiming they'll both spread the virus EXACTLY the same amount. Not less, not more, EXACTLY the same. Prove your claim. You can start by just using basic arguments to explain how keeping bodily fluids on the person won't have any effect at all.
Because the virus is airborne.

Surgical masks before Covid were only worn to prevent phlegm and spit from falling onto a patient under surgery. They were not worn to prevent airborne viral spread.

To prevent airborne viral spread you need to wear a fitted mask with a seal and stick to specific protocols on its wear. Something the general public is not trained to do and only does inconsistently anyway.

So people wearing surgical masks do not prevent spread.

You are positing a scenario where someone is sick, if someone is sick the only way they prevent the virus is to stay home. I was very sick earlier this year. I stayed home and got better. Wearing paper or cloth masks doesn’t do anything

The only purpose of the masks is to signal allegiance to globohomo, it has the same meaning as a yarmulke, it’s an arbitrary signal of in group loyalty

Because the virus is airborne.

Surgical masks before Covid were only worn to prevent phlegm and spit from falling onto a patient under surgery. They were not worn to prevent airborne viral spread.

To prevent airborne viral spread you need to wear a fitted mask with a seal and stick to specific protocols on its wear. Something the general public is not trained to do and only does inconsistently anyway.

So people wearing surgical masks do not prevent spread.

You are positing a scenario where someone is sick, if someone is sick the only way they prevent the virus is to stay home. I was very sick earlier this year. I stayed home and got better. Wearing paper or cloth masks doesn’t do anything
You're not making any argument why you're right. Even non-medical cloth masks will reduce spit, sneeze and cough particles that fly through the air, which can carry the virus.

So which is your claim, that masks don't reduce bodily fluids flying through the air, or that bodily fluids can't spread covid? Both are objectively false and if you'd like to claim that, you're going to need to present evidence.

You oppose masks because you're lazy and a narcissist who would throw a hundred people under the bus before you suffered any inconvenience.

You're not making any argument why you're right. Even a non-medical cloth masks will reduce spit, sneeze and cough particles that fly through the air, which can carry the virus.

Your theory doesn’t matter, even the CDC is now admitting the surgical masks offer zero protection against coronavirus.
So which is your claim, that masks don't reduce bodily fluids flying through the air, or that bodily fluids can't spread covid? Both are objectively false and if you'd like to claim that, you're going to need to present evidence.
I said they don’t reduce spread. Which since you’re behind THE SCIENCE™️ Is now regarded as true

Your theory doesn’t matter, even the CDC is now admitting the surgical masks offer zero protection against coronavirus.

I said they don’t reduce spread. Which since you’re behind THE SCIENCE™️ Is now regarded as true
You've already admitted masks reduce spit and pflegm being spread, and that a properly fitted mask can reduce airborne spread, yet still claim that wearing or not wearing a mask has the EXACT SAME viral spread. You're contradicting yourself. Why don't you get your position sorted out before you speak again.

And no, the CDC did not say masks are useless. You're dishonest because you have an agenda.

If everyone was doing surgery and trying to stop bacteria from getting into an open wound, you might have a point. But masks dont work in the real world against a flu virus. And since 99% of people dont have covid, then its pretty dumb to say wearing a mask will stop the spread of something you dont have.

(Opinion)

Yes, mask are useless. We have been debating it for 2 years now. Not looking good for he vax addcits and mask Branch Covidians.

Reactions: XDU
If everyone was doing surgery and trying to stop bacteria from getting into an open wound, you might have a point. But masks dont work in the real world against a flu virus. And since 99% of people dont have covid, then its pretty dumb to say wearing a mask will stop the spread of something you dont have.
I'll redirect you towards this post. Until you can explain how keeping more bodily fluids on the person has ZERO EFFECT of any kind, you have nothing to contribute.

You've already admitted masks reduce spit and pflegm being spread,

Spit and phlegm are not the main drivers of coronavirus spread.
and that a properly fitted mask can reduce airborne spread,
A properly fitted sealed mask can reduce spread but the enforcement of such a mandate is so difficult, the masks are uncomfortable (I love to urban explore and I wear a gas mask while exploring abandoned buildings to protect myself from dust and asbestos, I also wore that same mask during the 2020 oregon wildfires while working in Oregon, it keeps me safe but it has an outlet valve for me to breathe out, meaning that mask allows all my air out, a sealed mask with no outlet is uncomfortable to wear and people will not wear it for long periods of time) and people generally are not trained to use them.
yet still claim that wearing or not wearing a mask has the EXACT SAME viral spread. You're contradicting yourself. Why don't you get your position sorted out before you speak again.
Whether or not it has the exact same is not relevant. We’re not talking about a sterile lab expirment, we’re talking real world application.
And no, the CDC did not say masks are useless. You're dishonest because you have an agenda.
They have long since admitted you need an N95 rated mask without an exhale valve to protect others from spread.

I have a relative who’s job is collecting Covid statistics at a major hospital. They have almost no cases of spread from people who are not actually sick

Spit and phlegm are not the main drivers of coronavirus spread.

A properly fitted sealed mask can reduce spread but the enforcement of such a mandate is so difficult, the masks are uncomfortable (I love to urban explore and I wear a gas mask while exploring abandoned buildings to protect myself from dust and asbestos, I also wore that same mask during the 2020 oregon wildfires while working in Oregon, it keeps me safe but it has an outlet valve for me to breathe out, meaning that mask allows all my air out, a sealed mask with no outlet is uncomfortable to wear and people will not wear it for long periods of time) and people generally are not trained to use them.

Whether or not it has the exact same is not relevant. We’re not talking about a sterile lab expirment, we’re talking real world application.

They have long since admitted you need an N95 rated mask without an exhale valve to protect others from spread.

I have a relative who’s job is collecting Covid statistics at a major hospital. They have almost no cases of spread from people who are not actually sick
Who said spit and pflegm were the main drivers? Nobody. What you said is that masks were completely and totally useless with no effect at all, and have now backtracked and said the exact opposite.

I'm talking about N95 masks without vents. In Europe, the equivalent is the FFP2 mask, and is part of the mandate. Yes, clearly the bullshit surgical masks lazy people wear is not as effective as a real mask, yet even those are better than nothing.

None of that matters because you oppose ALL masks, even the N95 masks, and you called them completely useless, which even by your own admission was a lie.

Just be a man and admit you simply don't want to wear a mask, it has nothing to do with how effective it is. If covid had a 100% death rate and masks would stop all of the spread, you'd still whine and cry about them, oppose them, and call them fake. I also highly doubt your hospital administrator buddy thinks masks are completely useless.

Who said spit and pflegm were the main drivers? Nobody. What you said is that masks were completely and totally useless with no effect at all, and have now backtracked and said the exact opposite.
You just made this argument
I'm talking about N95 masks without vents. In Europe, the equivalent is the FFP2 mask, and is part of the mandate. Yes, clearly the bullshit surgical masks lazy people wear is not as effective as a real mask, yet even those are better than nothing
Better meaning what? It’s like when you claim Ford is better then Toyota, the average person can’t quantify this clsim
None of that matters because you oppose ALL masks, even the N95 masks, and you called them completely useless, which even by your own admission was a lie.
I am against all mandates, that is correct. So would literally everyone in the US be if you mandates no outlet sealed masks at all times
Just be a man and admit you simply don't want to wear a mask, it has nothing to do with how effective it is. If covid had a 100% death rate and masks would stop all of the spread, you'd still whine and cry about them, oppose them, and call them fake. I also highly doubt your hospital administrator buddy thinks masks are completely useless.
I don’t want to wear a mask, same way I don’t want to wear a yarmulke or kafia I don’t believe in your lefty religion. Wear whatever religious attire you want. It’s no skin off of my nose

You just made this argument

Better meaning what? It’s like when you claim Ford is better then Toyota, the average person can’t quantify this clsim

I am against all mandates, that is correct. So would literally everyone in the US be if you mandates no outlet sealed masks at all times

I don’t want to wear a mask, same way I don’t want to wear a yarmulke. I don’t believe in your lefty religion
Haha, so you started this thread claiming that masks were absolutely useless, then continued to admit that they reduce spit and pflegm, which carry the virus, and that N95 masks can be effective at reducing airborne infection. That you can constantly contradict yourself without noticing it is hilarious.

Why don't you go tell the front line medical workers who have to deal with infected covid patients that they should take their masks off as they don't do anything.

Probably some surgeons who can't be inconvenienced with hygiene but rather have a snack over an incision they just made. We should start the discussion there, but you know that our resident 'Einsteins' know best. Lol. Just smile.

The "man up" part is what won't happen anytime soon. Too many sissies out there. Look around you when you are in a store. It is the tough ones with blank stares that can't be bothered to do what's right, and you want to say "lights are on but nobody is home".

I'll redirect you towards this post. Until you can explain how keeping more bodily fluids on the person has ZERO EFFECT of any kind, you have nothing to contribute.

It has zero effect because almost all the time, those people DONT HAVE COVID. Your logic is based on hypothetical lab environments, not the real world.

This surgeon did.

I also pointed this out:

Even this report from CNN of all places:

Cloth masks may catch some of the water vapor one exhales but not most, and it is the water droplets that carry the viral loads that infect others.

Last edited:
Yes, an audience that thinks masks are useless, which they are not, and justifies to them why they are so edgy by ignoring city health mandates.
Not them. The article is supporting people who uphold wearing them despite how it's becoming clear how they are useless unto themselves.

Back
Top Bottom