• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask free Monday finally!

Considering he is in Kindergarten, the teachers requested that parents send them an email/message if they wanted their children to continue to wear a mask.

That way they could make sure the student did wear a mask I presume?

Moot point though since none of his class is wearing a mask.
Aren’t data and science wonderful? Now that case counts and deaths are decreasing and there are good antiviral drugs available we can loosen the mandates and make masks optional in most places. This was not the case until recently when vaccine and mask mandates were necessary for public safety.
Enjoy your perceived freedom!

Aren’t data and science wonderful? Now that case counts and deaths are decreasing and there are good antiviral drugs available we can loosen the mandates and make masks optional in most places. This was not the case until recently when vaccine and mask mandates were necessary for public safety.
Enjoy your perceived freedom!
OH pleeze, this loosening the mandates is all political. The left are scrambling...

OH pleeze, this loosening the mandates is all political. The left are scrambling...
Sure
Cases are rising
So are deaths
And the so-called anti-viral drugs like Paxlovid actually INCREASE hospitalizations by 90%.
Whatever spins your wheels…..

To influence an election HALF A YEAR AWAY....

Right?
Absolutely. It is all theater. Where were the masks during his state of the union speech?

Also, one idiot congressman is saying that Biden's policies are why Covid is diminishing.

Absolutely. It is all theater. Where were the masks during his state of the union speech?

Also, one idiot congressman is saying that Biden's policies are why Covid is diminishing.

That isn't how it works.

Thank you for demonstrating that election influencing is another thing you are clueless about .

Sure
Cases are rising
So are deaths
And the so-called anti-viral drugs like Paxlovid actually INCREASE hospitalizations by 90%.
Whatever spins your wheels…..
Not in NJ.

New Jersey on Wednesday reported another 12 confirmed COVID-19 deaths and 747 positive tests as statewide coronavirus hospitalizations dropped below 600 for the first time in seven months.

The state’s seven-day average for confirmed cases was 877 on Wednesday, down 18% from a week ago and 59% from a month ago as the recent massive wave driven by the omicron variant has largely receded.

Before Thursday, the state’s daily average had not been below 1,000 since early August.

Not in NJ.

New Jersey on Wednesday reported another 12 confirmed COVID-19 deaths and 747 positive tests as statewide coronavirus hospitalizations dropped below 600 for the first time in seven months.

The state’s seven-day average for confirmed cases was 877 on Wednesday, down 18% from a week ago and 59% from a month ago as the recent massive wave driven by the omicron variant has largely receded.

Before Thursday, the state’s daily average had not been below 1,000 since early August.

Wear your mask then.

Not in NJ.

I guess you missed the sarcasm.
The reason mask and vaccine mandates have been loosening is because all the metrics are favorable. It has nothing to do with politics as some here have claimed.

Science and the medical profession have performed very poorly in this pandemic

I believe you just confirmed my premise. I was not saying the cancel culture never occurred in the past or that theories were not dismissed, ridiculed, or challenged by other scientists. Matter of fact, I have said (perhaps in a different thread) that what is happening today is part of the fabric of humanity but today it is at warp speed. It is because of MSM and the internet. For instance, Joy Reid is peeved that her narrative we are only defending Ukraine because they are white is not being adopted. Katy Tur is trying to drum up support for high gas prices. MSM as a whole is pushing the narrative that Trump is responsible for Ukraine. Any one of these narratives may be adopted by all of the propagandists at CNN, MSNBS, WaPo or the NY Times if the DNC demands they run 24/7 hit pieces. One outlandish one is that this is somehow due to january 6th and Republicans.

The Dems were insistent on masks. Not because they work but because the mere fact that you wore one meant you were in fear or should be. Wearing masks was NOT based on any science. It was a stupid lab experiment. Yet they fooled everyone, just like they did with Trump collusion. The White House told FB and Twitter to monitor any posts from anyone and they did with a vengeance and canceled people who opposed their narrative. Any doctor was subject to firing.
I agree with you that the media and the internet are making things worse in this case, although in general I don't think this affects most scientists and their work since they're for the most part relatively unknown and are shielded from public scrutiny, or study things that are not controversial and don't receive a lot of attention from media and politicians. Also what is your opinion on masks that offer higher levels of protection like n95s?

I agree with you that the media and the internet are making things worse in this case, although in general I don't think this affects most scientists and their work since they're for the most part relatively unknown and are shielded from public scrutiny, or study things that are not controversial and don't receive a lot of attention from media and politicians. Also what is your opinion on masks that offer higher levels of protection like n95s?
I agree that in many cases, scientists do not worry about the press, but Covid is different. Any scientist or doctor who opposed masks or questioned the long-term effectiveness of the vaccine was accused of disinformation and the White House press secretary openly said the FB wasn't doing enough to stop it. This reminds me of the horrible days when religion ruled the world and blasphemy laws were instituted. Who would want to be accused of that because it meant certain death in many cases? This regime thinks that THEIR scientists who are cherry-picked are correct in their opinions. Candace Owens threatened to sue FB over this. A doctor she quoted didn't toe the party line so FB felt they had a right to cancel her.

As for the N95s, I have said they are the ONLY mask that provides SOME protection or at least, better protection. Biden and Fausti could have admitted this and pressed American companies to mass-produce them but they didn't. BUT, even N(5s offer only limited protection and not full protection. COVID can and will go right through an N95. What I dislike is the dishonesty of the government, the scientists, and the doctors who treat humans like imbeciles because they don't want to tell the truth which is that modern medicine is not God. You can not say a prayer and have it answered. Bad things happen to good people. They should have admitted that cloth masks really suck and even N95s will allow in COVID but that MAY be enough to stop you from getting sick, but that is only a maybe. I just posted this earlier to another poster from a respected publication:

IMPORTANCE Airborne simulation experiments showed that cotton masks, surgical masks, and N95 masks provide some protection from the transmission of infective SARS-CoV-2 droplets/aerosols; however, medical masks (surgical masks and even N95 masks) could not completely block the transmission of virus droplets/aerosols even when sealed.

If you google it, you will find that an infected person emits millions upon millions of Covid particles while walking through a store and they stay suspended in air (aerosol transmission). Since it takes just a few thousand in your lungs, one does not have to be a math major to figure out that they can be infected with both parties wearing a mask.

Reactions: AJG
The pandemic would have been shorter in first world countries if it hadn't been for the militantly maskless, anti-vax woo woos, and the disinformation brigade.
Clearly you're part of that brigade, because you think you're talking about the Right. Blacks were most likely to not get vaxxed.

Clearly you're part of that brigade, because you think you're talking about the Right. Blacks were most likely to not get vaxxed.
I have not spread disinformation. Have a nice day.

Cases are down in Texas too.
It's finally down to 9 new cases per 100K per day. Things are hopeful, but it's still at a level that I would be cautious at. Since we are going into spring, and Texas is warm enough, thing will keep on going down , at least until people retreat to air conditioning.

I would say the pandemic is just about over, but I’m nervous because the last time I said that, Delta crashed through the wall like Kool Aid Guy. So I’ve amended my position to “I’m enjoying my maskless existence during this uncannily low point in Covid.” I think phrasing it like that is less likely to incur the wrath of the gods.

It's finally down to 9 new cases per 100K per day. Things are hopeful, but it's still at a level that I would be cautious at. Since we are going into spring, and Texas is warm enough, thing will keep on going down , at least until people retreat to air conditioning.
No worries about my being cautious; I have to be and already was long before the pandemic. I just wasn't self-isolating.

I'm sure other states joke about their weather, but in Texas running the a/c during the day and then switching to heat at night is normal.

Back
Top Bottom