• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask Fanatics Are the Real Science Deniers

Why can't people who are against wearing masks just not wear one and STFU?
Why can't people terrified of going outside their house not just stay home?

Why don't you just wear a face shield and STFU?

Wearing a mask while exercising is the latest move experts question
---------------------------------
It’s nothing new for political religions to produce radicals that develop their own sects or cults. This time around, rigid devotion to enforcing mask compliance has produced runaway fanaticism based on nothing but blind faith that more mask-wearing is always better. Even the public health experts, whom these followers all promoted as great prophets just months ago, can’t tame their fervor.

The evidence is abundant, but consider these three cases of radical Covidianism and how they trace back to an abandonment of the scientific standards necessary to maintain public health and a functioning society.

Mask Fanatics Have Officially Abandoned Science To Control Your Life

Science Trumps hyperbolic Opinion pieces normally.

i've been doing a few screenshots of my Republican Facebook friends as they're out and about doing stuff with no masks (bars, etc) so that when the 2nd wave hits i can show anyone i want the kind of people that made it worse and caused more deaths.

i'm not political on Facebook, and probably won't ever use them, but at least i'll know who was selfish and hurt other living and breathing folks.

I go to lots of places. I keep a mask in my back pocket for those places that require one to enter. Face shields are dumb unless you're working at a grinding wheel.
I meant what I said about the anti-maskers always trying to make a big deal about themselves. They're small change.

I go to lots of places. I keep a mask in my back pocket for those places that require one to enter. Face shields are dumb unless you're working at a grinding wheel.
I meant what I said about the anti-maskers always trying to make a big deal about themselves. They're small change.

So you claim you know more about covid 19 that Dr. Fauci, who said people should wear face shield or googles. What are you qualifications to say people shouldn't wear face shields, but should wear masks?

So you claim you know more about covid 19 that Dr. Fauci, who said people should wear face shield or googles. What are you qualifications to say people shouldn't wear face shields, but should wear masks?
I didn't say that people should wear masks. If you don't want to, then don't wear one, but stay out of my face.

There is a comment in the article about a company that required its zoom meeting participants to wear a mask during the meeting, even if alone at home. Really?

It’s symbolic. The article made that clear as well. No one suggested that the people wearing their masks at home were doing for safety.

It’s dopey symbolism if you ask me it but it is not science denial.

Do you make the same argument about smoking in public?

Do you make the same argument about smoking in public?

If you are wearing a mask, what difference would it make to you. NOTHING gets thru a mask, don't you know that?

I remember one of my kids told that in school a teacher said "Secondhand smoke is even more harmful than smoking."

So my kid said "then shouldn't we all be smoking?" LOL

If you are wearing a mask, what difference would it make to you. NOTHING gets thru a mask, don't you know that?
I didn't say that people should wear masks. If you don't want to, then don't wear one, but stay out of my face.

OK, I agree with that. If you want to wear a mask, do. If you don't, don't. People can control there property so may require a mask for their property.

I remember one of my kids told that in school a teacher said "Secondhand smoke is even more harmful than smoking."

Something, something, apples and trees.........🤷

Except that the “nothing gets through a mask” statement is bullshit. Even the N95 mask only stops 95% of particles.

Mask is a better than no mask. Two masks are better than one.

Do many states require masks while exercising? MA doesn't, if you're outside.

Yes, I always rely on right-wing opinion pieces for my education in the sciences. Thanks, I wouldn't have wasted my time in university had I known such an august organ as The Federalist existed.

If you read enough of it you might be convinced the earth is flat as well.

Except that the “nothing gets through a mask” statement is bullshit. Even the N95 mask only stops 95% of particles.

Yep. Seatbelts don't save lives 100% of the time, but your odds of not dying in a car crash are better with one on than without. I exercise regularly (cyclist) and do not wear a mask; I've tried strenuous activity wearing one and you have to be mindful of your exertion levels because there is an impact to one's breathing. So instead, I choose to ride at times when there aren't many people out (early in the morning) and ride mask free. I carry one with me just in case though.

It’s nothing new for political religions to produce radicals that develop their own sects or cults. This time around, rigid devotion to enforcing mask compliance has produced runaway fanaticism based on nothing but blind faith that more mask-wearing is always better. Even the public health experts, whom these followers all promoted as great prophets just months ago, can’t tame their fervor.

The evidence is abundant, but consider these three cases of radical Covidianism and how they trace back to an abandonment of the scientific standards necessary to maintain public health and a functioning society.

If you follow the "science" as expressed in early March 2020 masks are unnecessary and will do more harm than good.

The mask is a sign of compliance and submission, nothing more.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If you follow the "science" as expressed in early March 2020 masks are unnecessary and will do more harm than good.

And so you live in a static world where new information that changes past ideas isn’t unearthed all the time?

Must be nice.

The people who don't wear masks and don't practice safety during a pandemic obviously don't care about who they (potentially) kill. They don't care about who they (potentially) pass this virus on to and who they kill. They are selfish.

You guys can argue as much as you want but that's what it boils down to.

No, masks are worse than nothing. Homemade masks spread virus and bacteria it gathers everywhere the person goes. The do not contain viruses, they spread viruses. Exactly EVERY expert, including Fauci insisted people should NOT wear masks - until covid-19 was made political.

He also said wear googles or a face shield. You don't. Which means you yourself don't believe a word of this and are just determined to prove how submissive you are. The millionaire talking head employees of the richest corporations and people on earth own you. They totally control you thoughts, emotions and actions. If it was otherwise you either would be wearing a mask and eye protection - or neither.

tumblr_omphvho7cj1upcv61o1_500.png

The mask is a sign of intelligence and integrity, nothing more.

Not sure what the issue is.

If you are exercising, physically distance yourself from others. Keep a mask on the ready for when you stop exercising and are out and about.

Back
Top Bottom