• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask Fanatics Are the Real Science Deniers

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Wearing a mask while exercising is the latest move experts question
---------------------------------
It’s nothing new for political religions to produce radicals that develop their own sects or cults. This time around, rigid devotion to enforcing mask compliance has produced runaway fanaticism based on nothing but blind faith that more mask-wearing is always better. Even the public health experts, whom these followers all promoted as great prophets just months ago, can’t tame their fervor.

The evidence is abundant, but consider these three cases of radical Covidianism and how they trace back to an abandonment of the scientific standards necessary to maintain public health and a functioning society.

Mask Fanatics Have Officially Abandoned Science To Control Your Life

When I think of articles on "science" I always think of the Federalist.

/sarc
Yeah, the messenger delivers bad news

Where do you go? WHO?

1601390482471.png

WHO is bias? Never thought that?
The word is 'biased'.

You didn't link to WHO, you linked to the Federalist.
TF backs their article with WHO data link which I provided in #3 for you deniers.

TF backs their article with WHO data link which I provided in #3 for you deniers.
One little snippet in the whole article...good for you!

One little snippet in the whole article...good for you!
Actually it validates the premise of the OP. There are a couple more too!

The third example is one of messaging not science denial.

The second is an example of a cabin crew that apparently didn’t understand the rules it was operating under. Again not science denial.

So all you’re left with is Whitmer. There are downsides to wearing a mask while exercising. But heavier breathing also means more virus particles in the air travelling further. She’s not denying science. She’s weighing pros and cons. You and the Federalist don’t like her decision. That’s fine. Doesn’t make it science denial.

The article highlighted three points about masks and only gave one extreme example for each point which is not enough to convince me of anything.

If you're smart enough to wear a mask in crowds in the first place, and know when it's okay to take if off when you are alone, I have to think you are also smart enough not to go to an enclosed gym that is super busy or play group sports during a pandemic. I know it sucks but there are alternatives.

When I think of articles on "science" I always think of the Federalist.

/sarc

When I think of science, I always think of Trump cultists.

/sarc

Wearing a mask while exercising is the latest move experts question
---------------------------------
It’s nothing new for political religions to produce radicals that develop their own sects or cults. This time around, rigid devotion to enforcing mask compliance has produced runaway fanaticism based on nothing but blind faith that more mask-wearing is always better. Even the public health experts, whom these followers all promoted as great prophets just months ago, can’t tame their fervor.

The evidence is abundant, but consider these three cases of radical Covidianism and how they trace back to an abandonment of the scientific standards necessary to maintain public health and a functioning society.

Mask Fanatics Have Officially Abandoned Science To Control Your Life
And don't put plastic bags over your head, ever, exercising or not. It's sad when so many people seem to have lost the little bit of common sense they have. It's like the gop has one giant case of parkinson's disease and are starting to believe things that just aren't true. Has you dog or cat receive their ballot yet?

The article highlighted three points about masks and only gave one extreme example for each point which is not enough to convince me of anything.

If you're smart enough to wear a mask in crowds in the first place, and know when it's okay to take if off when you are alone, I have to think you are also smart enough not to go to an enclosed gym that is super busy or play group sports during a pandemic. I know it sucks but there are alternatives.
Isn’t that happening now? Of course there’s always exceptions to guidelines when tons of money is involved.

Ah, that well-established beacon of science, The Federalist.

There is a comment in the article about a company that required its zoom meeting participants to wear a mask during the meeting, even if alone at home. Really?

There is a comment in the article about a company that required its zoom meeting participants to wear a mask during the meeting, even if alone at home. Really?

It's completely stupid but it's one example. Care to find a dozen more of those and we can then agree it's an issue worth exploring?

It's completely stupid but it's one example. Care to find a dozen more of those and we can then agree it's an issue worth exploring?
It's this here and that there. Starts to add up, these 'little' examples.

Back
Top Bottom