• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] 'MASH,' 'Back to School' star Sally Kellerman dies at 84

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Sally was wonderful as hotlips. As a very strong anti-war sitcom, Mash out lasted the length of the war it was supposed to have been situated in. I am hoping that the current issues in the Ukraine are much less traumatic and expansive than the Korean war.

Some people are etched forever in time, in our minds, as they were.........Hot Lips is one of those persons.

Great actress, really loved her work. She was amazing as Marc Maron's mom on the TV show Maron.....Judd Hirsch was his father. Great stuff.

Bummer......so many great memories of her. RIP

Bummer......so many great memories of her. RIP
I am reaching that age where the people that entertained me when I was young, on TV, screen or stage (especially musicians) are now old and dying with regularity. A little bit of my dies which one. Certainly reminds me that I too am running out of runway.

RIP, Sally Kellerman. I loved MASH.

I am reaching that age where the people that entertained me when I was young, on TV, screen or stage (especially musicians) are now old and dying with regularity. A little bit of my dies which one. Certainly reminds me that I too am running out of runway.

Sometimes I've seen some old person on TV or video and I think---DAMN that person is a spittin image of <name some musician> except an ancient version. Then I realize OhHELL that is THEM!!! :ROFLMAO:

But I hear ya. I remember my mom taking care of various things her church and they did a photo directory every year. It was like every week she was crossing one or two people off the active list. We all reach that eventually with any luck.

Sally was wonderful as hotlips. As a very strong anti-war sitcom, Mash out lasted the length of the war it was supposed to have been situated in. I am hoping that the current issues in the Ukraine are much less traumatic and expansive than the Korean war.

The actress who played Hot Lips Hoolihan on the M*A*S*H TV show was Loretta Swit.

Sally Kellerman only played her in the original movie.

Wow, this makes me sad. I didn't even realize she was this elderly but I should have.

She was epic in MASH (her performance was as great as Sutherland's and Gould's) and she was hilarious in Back To School as Dangerfield's love interest. MASH was made very very long ago so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at her advanced age.

Rest in peace Sally.

Same here. Just a reminder that many of us have alot more time behind us then in front of us. RIP Sally Kellerman.

Rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom