• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maryland Says It Has 326 Enrollees in Health Exchange

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Maryland numbers released Monday, the first of what the state said would be regular data releases. The state said 13,532 accounts with verified identity were created as of Sunday evening, and it has seen 170,000 unique visitors to the website. But only 326 people were actually enrolled in new health-insurance plans

Maryland Says It Has 326 Enrollees in Health Exchange - Washington Wire - WSJ

13,206 people soiled themselves when they found out how much affordable health care was going to cost for 326 to get it free.

326 whole people.... Wow!

Was that 326 people who've enrolled, or 326 who've actually gotten to the website without it crashing?

On the bright side, we've identified 326 social losers who can't help themselves enough to get a job that has decent benefits.

Benefits, don't think, actually kick in for a couple of months though, right?

I mean, you can enroll today but you won't actually benefit under one of these new-fangled insurance plans until January or some such.

That being the case, I think it pretty much stands to reason that most folks are going to wait til it comes down to the wire and then we'll see mass enrollment in the two or three days before the health insurance plans go live.

Just look at the long lines at the post office on April 15th. We're talking about people applying to the government in order to have the government return their own money to them, and still folks wait until the last minute (assuming that they're not late and that they file for their tax returns at all). They get their tax forms in January and then wait three and a half months to claim their money at the last minute.

Doesn't surprise me that Americans haven't yet jumped on the Exchanges.

My wife, who can't get insurance because of a pre-existing medical issue, is planning on enrolling in it, but no point in paying for something today that doesn't become effective for months.

Back
Top Bottom