• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maryland Officials Ready With Subpoenas in Trump Hotel Case

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
DC, Maryland officials ready with subpoenas in Trump hotel case

https://fxn.ws/2FYhhYN #FoxNewshttp://

WASHINGTON – The attorneys general of the District of Columbia and Maryland said Monday that they are moving forward with subpoenas for records in their case accusing President Donald Trump of profiting off the presidency.

U.S. District Court Judge Peter J. Messitte approved the legal discovery schedule in an order Monday. Such information would likely provide the first clear picture of the finances of Trump's Washington, D.C., hotel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These companies will be subpoenaed to provide information about the Trump Hotel's finances.

The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust
DJT Holdings Managing Member LLC
DJT Holdings LLC
DJT 3 Holdings LLC
DTTM Operations LLC
DTTM Operations Managing Member Corp
TTTT Venture LLC
TTTT Venture Member Corp.
Trump Organization LLC
The Trump Organization, Inc.
Trump Old Post Office LLC
Trump Old Post Office Member Corp.
OPO Hotel Manager LLC
THC DC Restaurant Hospitality, LLC
Mar-a-Lago Club LLC
Mar-a-Lago Club, Inc.
MALC, Inc
T International Realty LLC
The Trump Corporation
Trump Tower Commercial LLC
Trump Tower Managing Member Inc.
Tipperary Realty Corporation

Love it. Even if tRump were to resign and get Pence to pardon him, he's still at the mercy of state laws. And presidential pardons can't touch those. :thumbs:

Love it. Even if tRump were to resign and get Pence to pardon him, he's still at the mercy of state laws. And presidential pardons can't touch those. :thumbs:

What state law is he accused of violating?

Legitimate process question: let's say you're bombarded with eight hundred subpoenas at once (a number that by February will be an exaggeration of the truth, but probably not by much). How do you feasibly fight or respond to them?

They should ignore the subpoenas.

Legitimate process question: let's say you're bombarded with eight hundred subpoenas at once (a number that by February will be an exaggeration of the truth, but probably not by much). How do you feasibly fight or respond to them?

Simple: just ignore them all.

Oh, money laundering, tax evasion, bribery....you know, the normal underworld stuff.

Simple: just ignore them all.

I'll have to remember never to use you as my lawyer. If anyone ignores a subpoena, the court will hold them in contempt. They could go to jail or face a large fine for ignoring the subpoena.

I'll have to remember never to use you as my lawyer. If anyone ignores a subpoena, the court will hold them in contempt. They could go to jail or face a large fine for ignoring the subpoena.

Right! What are they going to do? Send the Maryland state police to Washington D.C. and start hauling people in?

These subpoenas aren't legal. I would love to see the Maryland AG try to use the state police to enforce them. That would be a big ****ing circus.

Hire a lot of lawyers to coordinate with your staff. Ask the judge to be reasonable with deadlines.

Right! What are they going to do? Send the Maryland state police to Washington D.C. and start hauling people in?

These subpoenas aren't legal. I would love to see the Maryland AG try to use the state police to enforce them. That would be a big ****ing circus.

The possibility of them being enforced isn't the same question as to whether they are legal or not, you have no basis for the assertion you are making, as usual, because you know absolutely nothing about the law.

800 sunpoenas? Yeah, even an anti-tard knows they're all bull****. Well, maybe an anti-tard would know; that could go either way.

BTW, did you know this is a debate forum? If you don't want people expressing opinions about your OP, perhaps you should find a different kind of forum.

The possibility of them being enforced isn't the same question as to whether they are legal or not, you have no basis for the assertion you are making, as usual, because you know absolutely nothing about the law.

If they can't be enforced, then they aren't legal.

The basis for my assertion, is that none of these companies have violated Maryland/D.C. law. Hence, the subpoenas are worthless.

Also, they intend to subpoena Federal agencies. Maryland and D.C. have zero authority to do so.

Oh, money laundering, tax evasion, bribery....you know, the normal underworld stuff.

In the state of Maryland? I wonder what their probable cause is.

Good question but what popped out at me in less than a week the state of Maryland has been in the news over some strange stuff. A few days ago it was a Maryland judge that allowed an FBI raid on a former FBI whistleblower by the name of Cain to have his home raided. He had turned over documents to IG Horowitz that showed wrongdoing of the Clinton Foundation. Horowitz then turned them over to Congress. Next thing this Cain dude has a slew of FBI agents combing through his home for six hours and he told them he was protected by the Whistleblower act. Grassley wrote letters to Wray and Horowitz wanting to know what the Hell is up.

As far as Trump, you can call him a lot of things but stupid isn't one. With the atmosphere out there trying to comb through everything including his used toilet paper to find something to nail him on, he wouldn't be so stupid to conjure up ways to benefit from his presidency while he is still in office. That comes later.

Seriously, you don't seem to understand how these things work. There are people who represent each LLC or Corp. owned by Trump and that's the person where the buck stops.

If you had to choose between apdst as your personal attorney with a 50% chance of success, and life in prison, how quickly would you ask to be put to death?

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Seriously, you don't seem to understand how these things work. There are people who represent each LLC or Corp. owned by Trump and that's the person where the buck stops.

Irrelevant, without violating Maryland/D.C. law.

What's going to happen? The Maryland State Police are going to go to The White House and arrest the president?

If you had to choose between apdst as your personal attorney with a 50% chance of success, and life in prison, how quickly would you ask to be put to death?

Show us the law the gives the Maryland and D.C. AG's authority over the president.

Can't wait to watch this song-n-dance.

You'd give adpst a 50% chance of success?

Show us the law the gives the Maryland and D.C. AG's authority over the president.

Can't wait to watch this song-n-dance.
apdst, the president remains a citizen of the US, if his companies are based out of states, states can come after him and those businesses.

Do you disagree? Lol, song and dance? I haven't had enough milkshakes.

You'd give adpst a 50% chance of success?
Anything is possible in hypotheticals. ;)

What does any of that have to do with emoluments? Isn't the case the OP is referring to about emoluments?

Maryland is a hop, skip and jump from DC....yeah, they will extradite and arrest.

Back
Top Bottom