• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state[W:59]

Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

This is really interesting.

You think that's "unique content to spur discussion"?

YAWN, more CONtrived nonsense. Happens all the time where the more regressive, sparsely populated segments have a pity party and snit fit. Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida all vie for attention by talking separation. No one is going to give a few whiners two Senators.

Western Maryland would be a crap hole without the huge state support from the heavily populated part of Maryland. I lived outside Annapolis as a teenager, the western part of the state whines but in a DEMOCRACY, even a Republic, votes count and the western part has 1.5 of the 8 congressional districts... :roll:

YAWN, more CONtrived nonsense. Happens all the time where the more regressive, sparsely populated segments have a pity party and snit fit. Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida all vie for attention by talking separation.

When did anyone in Florida propose such?

And you missed the most Northern counties in California.
Long after I'm gone, I see us moving to a provincial form of government.
Even a higher degree of states' rights to please provinces such as Mormon and Confederate.
I wish Obama could debate these House clowns now, if they would ever be in session.
YAWN, more CONtrived nonsense. Happens all the time where the more regressive, sparsely populated segments have a pity party and snit fit. Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida all vie for attention by talking separation. No one is going to give a few whiners two Senators.

Western Maryland would be a crap hole without the huge state support from the heavily populated part of Maryland. I lived outside Annapolis as a teenager, the western part of the state whines but in a DEMOCRACY, even a Republic, votes count and the western part has 1.5 of the 8 congressional districts... :roll:

When did anyone in Florida propose such?

Ummmm did you bother reading the link from Faux Noise? :confused:

My Dad retired to Florida and he was saying Talk Radio had a drive on to separate the panhandle of Florida from the more liberal part that was being 'over run' by nanny state northerners. Want to say it was around the time Scott won the Governorship.

And you missed the most Northern counties in California.
Long after I'm gone, I see us moving to a provincial form of government.
Even a higher degree of states' rights to please provinces such as Mormon and Confederate.
I wish Obama could debate these House clowns now, if they would ever be in session.

Maybe President Obama was being clairvoyant when he said 57 states... :mrgreen:

Ummmm did you bother reading the link from Faux Noise? :confused:

My Dad retired to Florida and he was saying Talk Radio had a drive on to separate the panhandle of Florida from the more liberal part that was being 'over run' by nanny state northerners. Want to say it was around the time Scott won the Governorship.

I'm not clicking on the article because the OP made no effort whatsoever. I've lived in FL for decades and have never heard anything about separation. Got a non-Faux link?

With all the cheap shots he gets on a daily basis from these Republican Congressional critters, I'd love to see the President drill them as PM Cameron has the chance to.
Other provinces could be Alaska, Cascade, Keystone, Upper Great Lake, NorthEast and Bible Belt.
Maybe President Obama was being clairvoyant when he said 57 states... :mrgreen:

You think that's "unique content to spur discussion"?
Yeah I do...........there are several states (Washington where I live being one) where 80% of the counties where the voters are moderate to conservative and the Seattle Tacoma corridor where a huge population is all Liberal....It actually equals thing out.

Yes, it is really interesting that republicans want to gerrymander a new state so they can get some more senators. Who would have expected that to happen?

Just trying to level the playing field my left wing friend. I wish every state where there is huge liberal population in the cities would do it.

Last edited:

My Dad started in the Navy in 1944 before air Force in 1946 so go easy on me.
The best Western Maryland will ever get is West Virginia, if we move to Provinces, such as "Bible Belt".
Have you ever smelled the paper mills around Swanton, MD?
Just trying to level the playing field my left wing friend. I wish every state where there is huge liberal population in the cities would do it.

I'm not clicking on the article because the OP made no effort whatsoever. I've lived in FL for decades and have never heard anything about separation. Got a non-Faux link?

Not my job, you want another link try this thing I heard of.... want to say it is called 'google'... :)

As far as my Dad goes... he love Oxcy Rush so no telling where he got the panhandle wanting to bail from...

Your moniker is correct because you are so wrong here. I grew up on the Washington Country/Fredrick County border just across the Mason-Dixon line. It was largely federal dollars part of the Appalachian Commission but you would know that if you ever be east of Fredrick. Btw, living in Maryland for a few years, you tend to forget Maryland history. Here is a good place to start to understand Maryland politics and why people want to do this.

The last straw was Roscoe G. Bartlett being voted out of a district which he held for 20 years because Democrats gerrymandered his district after the 2010 census.

Last edited:

It won't stop the ass kicking the reps are inviting on themselves.

The best Western Maryland will ever get is West Virginia, if we move to Provinces, such as "Bible Belt".
Have you ever smelled the paper mills around Swanton, MD?

Western Maryland is doing just fine. It's not like the rich of DC and Baltimore don't travel there at least once a year for a short vacation. It's not Hagerstown hasn't grown up and doesn't have Schmankrel Stube, nor has Fredrick or Cumberland or Frostburg...

All states have a history of how their lines got drawn.
How did Maryland's?
Western Maryland is doing just fine. It's not like the rich of DC and Baltimore don't travel there at least once a year for a short vacation. It's not Hagerstown hasn't grown up and doesn't have Schmankrel Stube, nor has Fredrick or Cumberland or Frostburg...

Yes, it is really interesting that republicans want to gerrymander a new state so they can get some more senators. Who would have expected that to happen?

Maryland was gerrymandered in 2011 after the census. Welcome to America

All states have a history of how their lines got drawn.
How did Maryland's?

State lines get changed. If it was absolute.. then WV wouldn't be here today, but rather be Virginia. Then you have issues that North Carolina and South Carolina are fixing where their borders aren't correct.

Two-thirds of all gerry-mandered seats in the House belong to the GOP.
As we saw in 2012 when the total Democratic vote for 435 House members was higher than that of Republicans.
This is the way the senate was supposed to have run.
Repubs now have it both ways.
Thank goodness for the 17th amendment and PROGRESS---ive Republican POTUS T. Roosevelt

But I'm referring to that portion in western Maryland.
It just doesn't look like it belongs.
If they want to go to west Virginia where the policies are more to their liking, so be it.
Just like Northeast Colorado going to Nebraska or Wyoming. Good riddance.
State lines get changed. If it was absolute.. then WV wouldn't be here today, but rather be Virginia. Then you have issues that North Carolina and South Carolina are fixing where their borders aren't correct.

It won't stop the ass kicking the reps are inviting on themselves.
No skin off my ass because I am a registered Independent so this is very interesting to me.

Back
Top Bottom