• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mary Trump Calls All GOP Lawmakers 'Traitors'—Excludes Cheney, Kinzinger

So much for a Republic being the "rule of law" versus a "Democracy" which is akin to "mob rule".

LOL
Ah yes, just like how millions of Americans watched live on tv the display of 'mob rule' at our Capitol - thankfully, our Representative Democracy held up to the insurrection attempt at our Capitol to maintain the proper existence of our Republic. So far, life is fairly good under a systematic government just as our Constitution intended. (y)

You did that conflating thing again, my friend. ;)

Refraining from condemning insurrectionists encourages further transgressions. They need to be pointed out, their behavior named, and opprobrium assigned. It's one of the few scenarios where I would say, if you're not with us, you're against us. Now, I reserve a special place for the likes of Mo Brooks, MTG, Lauren Boebert, and Andrew Clyde. It's an ongoing effort, and they are a part of undermining the country.

Yes it does and yes they do.

Refraining from condemnation is hardly a chargeable offense though.

Ah yes, just like how millions of Americans watched live on tv the display of 'mob rule' at our Capitol - thankfully, our Representative Democracy held up to the insurrection attempt at our Capitol to maintain the proper existence of our Republic. So far, life is fairly good under a systematic government just as our Constitution intended. (y)

But the US Republic came perilously close to being ripped apart and usurped by basically a fascist dictatorship.

We survived, but it was close.

But the US Republic came perilously close to being ripped apart and usurped by basically a fascist dictatorship.

We survived, but it was close.
Yes it did come close - and, or at least close to forcing our national military to defend against a coup attempt on our existing government. Both our Republic and Representative Democracy kept our existing Constitution, Executive and Legislative Branch of Government along with the DoJ all in play to resist the big lie of Trump's Big Lie and coup attempt. Chalk another one up for the good guys. (y)

I disagree, HenryChinaski. Anyone who tries to inspire in me to hatred for swaths of my fellow countrymen and women, however justified that hatred may seem, especially for their personal gain is worthy of the Trump name. Casual use of the term “traitor” or “enemy of the people” or “rapists and murderers” is meant to inspire acts of violence. I am certainly not going to give any member of that wicked, toxic family of myopic narcissists the time of day.
Eh reading insider information does help understand evil. Its like using former mafia henchmen to take down the mob.

Yes it did come close - and, or at least close to forcing our national military to defend against a coup attempt on our existing government. Both our Republic and Representative Democracy kept our existing Constitution, Executive and Legislative Branch of Government along with the DoJ all in play to resist the big lie of Trump's Big Lie and coup attempt. Chalk another one up for the good guys. (y)
It is always a time to panic when the military is involved in either securing or destroying their own country. Its a tradition in well functioning democracies that the military doesnt get directly involved.

Calling a large group of people "traitors" inspires violence, because traitors by definition must be excised out of the body politic and killed. In the same way that calling members of the media "enemies of the people" inspires violence against journalists.
You always make me think. Thats what i want from people on even the other side.

It is always a time to panic when the military is involved in either securing or destroying their own country. Its a tradition in well functioning democracies that the military doesnt get directly involved.
I'll agree with that analogy 99.99% until that .01% moment unfortunately happens, when an actual physical takeover of our government takes place - then it's time to defend against that armed mob by force - our military force. imo. (I actually don't know what our local law enforcement departments protocol is / where they stand upon the moment that our White House or Capitol is taken by an armed group of people. My mind automatically jumps straight to calling out our military force to retake the White House, and, or Capitol). School me where needed. :)

Yes, because there's no doubt in my mind that if Trump thought he could declare martial law and remain president, he would have.

I've been on a semantic tangent regarding "traitor" and "Treason", but I agree with Felis Leo that we should be chary about declaring opponents as criminal. I believe, in my case, I have been. Not every Republican is an active criminal, but the bulk of them condone criminal and seditious behavior. They hide behind political labels to obfuscate their malfeasance, and often take a passive role in the conspiracy, but they are participants, nonetheless.

I reserve my condemnation, though, to the active purveyors of anti-American behavior and speech (which can, BTW, constitute behavior). I applaud the Jan 6 committee for issuing subpoenas to the known conspirators, and I expect we will widen that circle as the investigation proceeds. I do take the insurrection seriously, and am perfectly willing (and justified) to call it that. Yet, there are levels of miscreants, and not all Republicans merit the harshest labels. Most, but not all.

Yes, because there's no doubt in my mind that if Trump thought he could declare martial law and remain president, he would have.
That is the line that I think too many are willing to elide. Trump not only would have, some of his sycophants were encouraging him to. That is very dangerous, indeed.

That is the line that I think too many are willing to elide. Trump not only would have, some of his sycophants were encouraging him to. That is very dangerous, indeed.

We know that the MyPillow guy, Mike Lindell was.

I have no doubt that Trump sent "feelers" out to the military to see how much (if any) such a move would have.

Last year Trump also floated the idea of suspending the election because of COVID (his infamous Democratic "hoax") and therefore too dangerous to vote*. If you can give Mitch McConnell any credit at all, it is that he squashed that idea at birth.

*Not too dangerous to open schools though.

Back
Top Bottom