• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mary Peltola crushes Sarah Palin.

Yippee. And an Alaska Native to boot, who can vote, unlike the Cherokee Nation rep being discussed elsewhere here.

You should be cautious saying whether it was close or not, since neither you nor anyone has experience of Ranked Choice voting. Nobody won an outright majority, remember.

Networks were slow to call Alaska, because they didn't know how much of the Begich vote would go to Palin. As it turns out, not enough ... not nearly enough. Palin is on the nose with Republicans by the look of it ... they'd rather have a Democrat lol.

She changed my vote.

I would have voted for MCCAIN if not for her.

Most people don't care enough about the VP candidate to change their vote. Was it McCain's age and health which made Palin significant to you?

Chewbacca ... oops I mean Tschibaka ... wasn't happy with the Senate result either.

The sudden resolution is probably because they count all ballots (including second etc choices) before doing the runoff by computer.

It may all have to be done again when late postals come in, but with 53.7% of the vote to Murkowski the result will not change.

Most people don't care enough about the VP candidate to change their vote. Was it McCain's age and health which made Palin significant to you?
For me, it was his judgment. I expect a President to have the character to put our nation's hands in trust of the right successor should the President be incapacitated. The moment McCain declared that Sarah Palin was the BEST person (amongst 300+ million) to lead our nation in his absence, I realized that his judgment was, at the end of the day, poor.

There were hundreds... thousands of stronger candidates he could have picked. It's unfortunate that he threw that election away, but that was his decision, not ours.

For me, it was his judgment. I expect a President to have the character to put our nation's hands in trust of the right successor should the President be incapacitated. The moment McCain declared that Sarah Palin was the BEST person (amongst 300+ million) to lead our nation in his absence, I realized that his judgment was, at the end of the day, poor.

There were hundreds... thousands of stronger candidates he could have picked. It's unfortunate that he threw that election away, but that was his decision, not ours.

There's a saying "Veep candidates never win the election, they can only lose it" and I guess that's true.

CA-13 is now the only House race that hasn't been called. Unfortunately, Boebert in CO-03 seems to have inched back in.

There's a saying "Veep candidates never win the election, they can only lose it" and I guess that's true.
i am inclined to believe a lot of voters who would not have otherwise showed up for the presidential election voted only because comma-la was on the ticket

In the top photo, Sarah Palin is showing some wear and tear.
That's what happens when you don't age gracefully and try to hide the wear and tear.

She's about one surgery from looking like Odo, the Changling on Deep Space Nine.

My puppy could beat Sarah Palin.

i am inclined to believe a lot of voters who would not have otherwise showed up for the presidential election voted only because comma-la was on the ticket

That is not necessarily so, just because Biden beat Trump.

President
First term av.
Lyndon Johnson​
74.2%​
John Kennedy​
70.1%​
Dwight Eisenhower​
69.6%​
George W. Bush​
62.2%​
George H.W. Bush​
60.9%​
Richard Nixon​
55.8%​
Harry Truman​
55.6%​
Ronald Reagan​
50.3%​
Bill Clinton​
49.6%​
Barack Obama​
49.1%​
Gerald Ford
47.2%​
Jimmy Carter
45.5%​
Donald Trump
41.1%​

Gallup

Last edited:
In the top photo, Sarah Palin is showing some wear and tear.
Looks like the results of some bad work done on her.

That's what happens when you don't age gracefully and try to hide the wear and tear.

Sunlight in particular. It's possible that in Alaska, Palin guessed the sunshine is too weak to do any damage. That would be wrong.

Dry wind is apparently bad too, but you can protect against it with moisturizer.

She's about one surgery from looking like Odo, the Changling on Deep Space Nine.

Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom