• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Martin Supporters...click here...

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Martin supporters: Listen to this video.
Zimmerman supporters: Listen to this video.

It'll take 6 minutes and 24 seconds out of your life. Discuss. I don't have to say anything because I agree with every single word this guy says. ​(Of course, I probably will...)

I saw this a couple of times on our forum, and I think it deserves a thread of its own. I picked it up from Sharon's post. (Thank you, Sharon.)

Martin supporters: Listen to this video.
Zimmerman supporters: Listen to this video.

It'll take 6 minutes and 24 seconds out of your life. Discuss. I don't have to say anything because I agree with every single word this guy says. ​(Of course, I probably will...)

I saw this a couple of times on our forum, and I think it deserves a thread of its own. I picked it up from Sharon's post. (Thank you, Sharon.)

Not much else to say after that.

You are most welcome, Maggie..

Its worth listening to............

Thing is... nobody appears to have rioted. Seems a bit strong calling people morons for doing what no one appears to have done. :(

I couldn't help but literally laugh out loud at a few things he said........

Thing is... nobody appears to have rioted. Seems a bit strong calling people morons for doing what no one appears to have done. :(

This was posted before the verdict (obviously) in response to idiots on twitter and facebook talking about killing whitey and tearing up "white neighborhoods".

Common sense would have told you that, however. (Convenient, since his website is "Whatever Happened to Common Sense")

Really?

» Oakland Hit By Riots After Zimmerman Verdict Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

And what of the "revenge" for Trayvon violence even before the trail/verdict?

He has either forgotten or is unaware of some dozen instances of racially motivated attacks on lone white males by gangs of blacks in early 2012, all predicated on “settling the score” over the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

•On April 11, the Gainseville Sun carried the story of a 27-year-old man who was walking home from a bar “when he was jumped by five to eight men who shouted “Trayvon” before the attack.”
•Several days prior, the Toledo Blade reported that Dallas Watts, who is white, was jumped and beaten by six black assailants ranging in age from 11 to 17. Even after he was down, they continued to punch and kick him, all the while shouting, “[Get] that white [man]. This is for Trayvon … Trayvon lives, white [man]. Kill that white [man].” Watts was 78 years old at the time.
•On April 21, Matthew Owens of Mobile, Ala., was so savagely beaten by nearly two dozen black adults brandishing pipes, belt buckles, paint cans, and chairs that he was hospitalized in critical condition. Although the incident began as a disagreement between Owens and a neighbor, during the assault, one assailant was overheard exclaiming, “Now that’s justice for Trayvon.”

TIME columnist:

That's what you got out of that video? Really? Jesus.

Really?

» Oakland Hit By Riots After Zimmerman Verdict Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

And what of the "revenge" for Trayvon violence even before the trail/verdict?

TIME columnist:

Alex Jones? Nice source. I checked on these disturbances in Oakland using more reliable media. Sounds like a quiet night in any inner city district.

"No arrests were made, and there were no reported injuries,"
No arrests in Oakland vandalism - SFGate

I think I'm with that Time correspondent. So much huff and puff about the risk of riots sounded to me a lot like ome people wishing it to happen so that their race theories about violence look like something more than paranoia.

MaggieD said:
That's what you got out of that video? Really? Jesus.
TBH I didn't really get very much from it at all. His thesis seemed to be nothing except "If you riot and get shot, it'll be your own fault." Well, duh! What did you get from it that so blew your socks off?

Last edited:
Alex Jones? Nice source. I checked on these disturbances in Oakland using more reliable media. Sounds like a quiet night in any inner city district.

TBH I didn't really get very much from it at all. His thesis seemed to be nothing except "If you riot and get shot, it'll be your own fault." Well, duh! What did you get from it that so blew your socks off?

No arrests means nothing, there were 70 shootings (with 9 dead) in 4 days in Chicago with no arrests - were they "minor" shootings thus no arrests were "normal"? No injuries is also absurd, I can steal your store blind, or burn it to the ground and still not injure anyone. I am not claiming that this was a major disturbance, but what defines a riot? It invloved multiple people and several properties, with a central theme of "displeasure" with the Zimmerman verdict occuring in Floriduh. Probably just an excuse to raise hell but I noted that you simply skip over the far more serious violent personal attacks preceding the trial, done in the name of Trayvon the hero that beat up a "white/hispanic", or "creepy ass cracker" and was shot for this heroic act.

Prison Planet.com » Oakland Hit By Riots After Zimmerman Verdict

Last edited:
You find that so surprising???

Because the morons threatening to burn down white neighborhoods and kill whitey and track down Zimmerman themselves to bring Justice to Trayvon vastly outnumber guys like him.

I think I'm with that Time correspondent. So much huff and puff about the risk of riots sounded to me a lot like ome people wishing it to happen so that their race theories about violence look like something more than paranoia.

I agree, that seems common sense but given the serious lack of that, especially regarding this case, examples of common sense have become extraordinary.

Btw, haven't seen the vid yet.

Because the morons threatening to burn down white neighborhoods and kill whitey and track down Zimmerman themselves to bring Justice to Trayvon (on Facebook and Twitter, don't forget) vastly outnumber guys like him.

Pea-brains on the internet make all sorts of threats and claims. How could you be a member of DP and not know about the huge gulf between internet boasts and actual behaviour. Whilst it must be a huge pain for the authorities to have to treat every threat as real until proved otherwise, the quantity of verbal/written violence on this subject way, way, way outstrips the threat of actual violence, as the relative calm of the past 24 hours seems to make clear.

MaggieD said:
In this case, on this subject? Yes, frankly, I do. Brave man.
I seriously doubt he has placed himself in any danger.

MSNBC and FOX both want riots so much they can't stand the thought of it not happening. Riots would increase viewership.

People are TOO BUSY online to have time riot. The Internet has replaced TV as the great social pacifier. Now people generally don't DO anything when angry other than go online and bitch about it - which of course is absolutely irrelevant and never changes a damn thing.

There MAY be some deranged individual or small group of punks who go hurt and kill someone giving this as reason, but that person or punks would have hurt someone anyway. There were never going to be riots. Not in Sanford Florida. Not anywhere.

And the fella in the video is right. There are 1,000,000+ conceal carry permits in Florida. White Floridians are armed the teeth - and (sadly too) - some of those would like nothing more than an opportunity to shoot rioters regardless of race. Most people never actually get an opportunity to legally shoot bad guys - so their AR15 or AK47 isn't getting a chance to be put to good use as intended.

If a person goes looking for trouble, sometimes the person finds it. Trayvon Martin went looking for trouble when he approached GZ. He found it. George Zimmerman went looking for trouble when he went scurrying down the sidewalk to see where TM dashed off to. GZ found the trouble he was looking for too. So would rioters if they go looking for trouble. They'd find it.

Back
Top Bottom