• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Martin Luther King III fires back at Manchin and Sinema

bomberfox

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

I couldnt agree more. Sinema and Manchin are the white moderates that Dr. King spoke of that were a huge threat to civil rights. Anti lynching bills were filibustered, the civil rights act was filibustered, lets end this lie that the filibuster protects the minority. It doesnt. Sinema wants compromise on another human being's rights.

The DNC is really pulling out all the stops to try to pressure those two aren’t they.

I couldnt agree more. Sinema and Manchin are the white moderates that Dr. King spoke of that were a huge threat to civil rights. Anti lynching bills were filibustered, the civil rights act was filibustered, lets end this lie that the filibuster protects the minority. It doesnt. Sinema wants compromise on another human being's rights.

She is only using the tight senate as an opportunity..................I lost respect for her

The DNC is really pulling out all the stops to try to pressure those two aren’t they.
True, shows how weak democrats are. The whole party has to pull out all the stops to get their colleagues to do something. Republicans only need Trump and their colleagues roll over and show their bellies.

She is only using the tight senate as an opportunity..................I lost respect for her
Shes been losing a lot of respect because of her pissy behavior as of late, she has gone against everything she campaigned on to the point her own staff dont recognize her anymore.

Schumer "vowed" to put the voting rights bill to a vote today;

"“Make no mistake, the United States Senate will for the first time this Congress debate voting rights legislation beginning on Tuesday,” he added. “In the coming days, we will confront this sobering question and every member will go on record.”

That was supposed to happen today. Maybe Schumer will force Manchin to vote for or against voting rights the same day he fires him from leading the Senate Committee On Energy And Natural Resources. Don't hold your breath...

"“Make no mistake, the United States Senate will for the first time this Congress debate voting rights legislation beginning on Tuesday,” he added. “In the coming days, we will confront this sobering question and every member will go on record.”

That was supposed to happen today. Maybe Schumer will force Manchin to vote for or against voting rights the same day he fires him from leading the Senate Committee On Energy And Natural Resources. Don't hold your breath...
Its been rather disappointing but Shumer has always underestimated his opponents.

I mean, why shouldn’t they? If they don’t pass some interesting legislations soon they give up any hope in the midterms.

Its been rather disappointing but Shumer has always underestimated his opponents.
Schumer is just the shadow of the man Harry Reid was. We could really use a strong majority leader to offset what so far seems to be a weak president. Btw, I heard tonight that Manchin now says we don't need to pass any voting rights bill. I always suspected this was his bottom line, he strung along his party for how many months now?

Gee, I wonder why Sinema and Manchin are being pressured... :rolleyes:

True, shows how weak democrats are. The whole party has to pull out all the stops to get their colleagues to do something. Republicans only need Trump and their colleagues roll over and show their bellies.
You have that backwards about who's weak.

You have to move forward without Manchin and Sinema. And no, I have absolutely no idea what that entails.

Utter nonsense. Voting rights are not being suppressed. Dr. King would be ashamed of this moron.

It's going to be alright, democrats have a backup plan .

Sometimes the tree of Voting Rights must be plastered with quick dry cement.
They may just get the national mail in vote they so desperately need with another course of burning . looting, murdering

SPD: Rioters tried to trap officers inside burning precinct using rebar and concrete​

August 25, 2020 at 11:37 pm PDTBy Gary Horcher, KIRO 7 News
SEATTLE — Seattle police officers were forced to kick their way out of an East Precinct exit door Monday night, after rioters jammed it with boards and rebar, and attempted to seal the door closed with quick-dry cement.
Riot.jpg

What a waste of time. Time that could be well spent solving the supply chain issues or even inflation.

But no. Cryin' Chuck's dick is all shriveled, so he's got to act like a man to get it back up. Meanwhile, we the little people have to continue paying out the ass for groceries.

What a waste of time. Time that could be well spent solving the supply chain issues or even inflation.

But no. Cryin' Chuck's dick is all shriveled, so he's got to act like a man to get it back up. Meanwhile, we the little people have to continue paying out the ass for groceries.
Supply chain and inflation are not as important as the right to vote. Take a civics class.

Utter nonsense. Voting rights are not being suppressed. Dr. King would be ashamed of this moron.
How many laws in how many states have been proposed, only because Trump can’t stand losing? GOP leaders have admitted they don’t like it when too many people vote. As Trump said, with huge turnouts “you’d never have a republican elected again.”

Back
Top Bottom