• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marsel first Turkish tennis player to enter Wimbledon

kaya'08

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
___-2010-06-17_l.jpg

Marsel İlhan became on Thursday the first Turkish player to advance to the main table of the Wimbledon tennis tournament.

İlhan beat Croatia’s Roko Karanusic with a 7-5, 7-6, 6-2 in the third round of the men’s qualifying to book his place in the tournament.

Marsel lhan makes it to Wimbledon - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Marsel! Marsel! Maaaarsel!

I love Tennis! especially Wimbledon

World Cup + Wimbledon... I'm going to be watching so many matches.

Go RAAAFFAAA

I didn't figure you to be a tennis fan, Kaya.

I didn't figure you to be a tennis fan, Kaya.

My brother coached me before he went back to Afghanistan (you probably know him as metalgear around here).
I am in a few big tournaments here in London but only for 16-19 year olds.

I love Tennis! especially Wimbledon

World Cup + Wimbledon... I'm going to be watching so many matches.

Go RAAAFFAAA

Federer was my undisputed tennis hero.
But since he got beat by that swedish guy in the last major tournament (French Open), his gone down in my books. Although he is still a legend.

But since he got beat by that swedish guy in the last major tournament (French Open), his gone down in my books. Although he is still a legend.

I **** you not... I liked Rafa because the first time I saw him play it reminded me of the Green Power Ranger

Rafa-Nadal-Wallpaper.jpg

greenranger1.jpg

Mine too, will you be going to Wimbledon?

No unfortunately I will just be watching on tv. A bit better than watching online which I do for most of the year.

I will be supporting Andy. Just hope his knee is recovered so he can do his best.

My brother coached me before he went back to Afghanistan (you probably know him as metalgear around here).
I am in a few big tournaments here in London but only for 16-19 year olds.

Wow that's interesting. If I had been born later I think I definitely would have at least given it a shot to try and become professional. You go Kaya, we are needing another good young tennis player - though I suspect you might play for Turkey. ;)

Wow that's interesting. If I had been born later I think I definitely would have at least given it a shot to try and become professional. You go Kaya, we are needing another good young tennis player - though I suspect you might play for Turkey. ;)

I'm not a Turkish citizen so i would play for Britain. :)

I'm not a Turkish citizen so i would play for Britain. :)

Good luck to him and your brother in Afghanistan.
Wimpleton is my favorite cage-ball tournament.
:)

Marsel İlhan became on Thursday the first Turkish player to advance to the main table of the Wimbledon tennis tournament.

İlhan beat Croatia’s Roko Karanusic with a 7-5, 7-6, 6-2 in the third round of the men’s qualifying to book his place in the tournament.

Marsel! Marsel! Maaaarsel![/QUOTE]

He is on second on court 17 today playing Marcos Daniel. I will look back to see if he wins but I imagine you are there watching him. ;)

I **** you not... I liked Rafa because the first time I saw him play it reminded me of the Green Power Ranger

Rafa-Nadal-Wallpaper.jpg

greenranger1.jpg

I never liked Green Power Ranger.
Always so arrogant.

Federer is 2 sets to love down to Falla but now Falla seems to have some injury and has just had treatment.

This is a good match. Fed won the next set but now Falla has broken Fed's serve in the opening game of the fourth set!

Federer is loosing his edge!
I never got to finish watching Marsels game. Who won?

Federer is loosing his edge!

Well he did eventually win and the last set 6-0 but it was a very close thing. Federer is probably past his best but considering he had glandular fever last year I think it is amazing how well he did and that he managed to regain the no 1 spot, albeit lost it again to Rafa. Must admit I would be happier if Andy was in his half rather than Nadal's.

I never got to finish watching Marsels game. Who won?

whey hey, good news. He has won 6-7(4) 4-6 6-2 6-3 6-1

Well he did eventually win and the last set 6-0 but it was a very close thing. Federer is probably past his best but considering he had glandular fever last year I think it is amazing how well he did and that he managed to regain the no 1 spot, albeit lost it again to Rafa. Must admit I would be happier if Andy was in his half rather than Nadal's.

whey hey, good news. He has won 6-7(4) 4-6 6-2 6-3 6-1

You like tennis huh? I do to.
Its a sophisticated game for sophisticated people. :2razz:

You like tennis huh? I do to.
Its a sophisticated game for sophisticated people. :2razz:

Of course ;) Well Andy is doing what he usually does, keeping us biting our fingers. He has been broken the second time he served. Hopefully he will wake up soon and get the job done.

Yes! We have broken back 4-4

Last edited:
First set eventually won by Murry who 7-5. Well deserved. He played some lovely tennis in the second half of that set.

Arch Enemy, you should be watching :)

Last edited:
Unbelievable there is a tennis match going on at Wimbledon between Mahut and Isner where the score is 2 sets all and 34 all. It is the longest ever match I think! Phew. Exhaustion. They have been playing for 6 hours and 50 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom