• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marriage Proposal In Salt Lake City Utah Goes Viral

How does the video make you feel?

• I am male, and it disgusts me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am female, and it disgusts me

• I am female - I won't even watch video

• I hate you

• Total voters

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

Wow. Look how many people got involved in this. Including Home Depot.

What are your own personal thoughts when you view this video? Did it touch you a tiny bit?
Did it make you cringe and start stabbing for the stop button?
Are you copying the link and posting it to other places like Facebook?
Did you cry? Or tear up a tiny bit?

Are you happy for the couple?

Or disgusted with what you saw?

Last edited:

What are your own personal thoughts when you view this video? Did it touch you a tiny bit?

(poll coming shortly)

It made me LOL. :lol:

I can't help but to smile and be happy when I see other people so happy...

after watching Howie Mandel set up the "biggest surprise ever"... everything else seem rather timid.... but this was still very cool.
I hope they continue being happy and in love...

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

My thoughts are:

1) I would have been pissed if I needed to buy lumber and this crap was going on; and

2) Proposing like that is not about being romantic--it is because you are so uncertain that you need to add a layer of peer pressure, but that the video had two production companies and is on the web pretty much tells me it was about attention whoring above all else.

I find the 'let's all perform a song and dance' approach to a proposal to be ridiculous and embarrassing. I'm glad my husband had more sense and did it the traditional way, where it was sweet and intimate.

I find the 'let's all perform a song and dance' approach to a proposal to be ridiculous and embarrassing. I'm glad my husband had more sense and did it the traditional way, where it was sweet and intimate.

Different strokes for different folks.
It's beyond obvious the guy being proposed to was totally into it.

The obvious question for you is, and I think I know the answer, would your response to this have been the same is the person being proposed to was a very attractive female?

Was rather adorable.

The obvious question for you Superfly, and I think I know the answer, would you have bothered posting this if the person being proposed to was a very attractive female?

A very original proposal and you could tell from the look on the guys face he loved it.
So I say good job

I find it a little disturbing how some people make such a huge production out of everything relating to their wedding. I think it's part of what's wrong with marriage in today's society.

And it would piss me off if I was trying to shop there while they were doing this.

For some people, getting engaged is the biggest day of their life.
If they want to make a big deal about it so be it.

One must assume that you know your potential future spouse well enough by then to know if they're receptive to such shenanigans or not.

The guy in the video being proposed to looked absolutely over-joyed at the "spectacle" so therefore who cares?

Since Home Depot went along with it maybe they did it at a time when lumber purchasing traffic was at an absolute minimum.

Besides, the whole thing didn't take THAT long.

I can spend hours poking around a Home Depot if need be.

I've always been happy for any happy couple, so, yes I'm happy for those guys, but I'm just not into that kind of shenanigans.

I've always been happy for any happy couple, so, yes I'm happy for those guys, but I'm just not into that kind of shenanigans.

Agreed, I wanted to give my boyfriend a way out without humiliation. though i knew he would say yes, he is rather shy.

The obvious question for you Superfly, and I think I know the answer, would you have bothered posting this if the person being proposed to was a very attractive female?

I as a big gay homo would find it every but as hokey if it was a straight couple purposing

I cried a little.

You guys tell anyone and I'll end you.

its made me laugh, also I was honestly touched, happy for the couple and i thought it was an awesome and seemed like a very genuine, unique and sweet proposal.

Different strokes for different folks.
It's beyond obvious the guy being proposed to was totally into it.

The obvious question for you is, and I think I know the answer, would your response to this have been the same is the person being proposed to was a very attractive female?

LOL - yeah, my reaction was the same when they did that 30-minute bruhaha over in England - male and female. I found it irritating then. I didn't even watch the one in the OP

For some people, getting engaged is the biggest day of their life. If they want to make a big deal about it so be it.

That, in my opinion, is the problem. People focus more on the wedding (and the engagement) than the actual marriage. It's not about marrying someone they want to spend the rest of their life with, it's about having their dream wedding. I think that's a contributing factor to the high divorce rate in this country.

That was gay.

The work that this guy put into it and the obvious love he did it with was awesome to watch.

The work that this guy put into it and the obvious love he did it with was awesome to watch.
I have to be honest here...the fact that it was a gay couple kind of ruined it for me. Not being gay, I don't connect with it.

All the best to the couple, glad to see friends and family support, but between that and the bad dancers I'm not a fan of the video. Sorry.

Welcome to the 50%

Back
Top Bottom